Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Feb 2001, 16:14 (Ref:63422)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australia's five-times 500cc motorcycle world champion Mick Doohan will make his car racing debut driving a race-bred Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG in this year's Targa Tasmania tarmac rally.

Its good to see Doohan back in some form of comeptition. He has been spending some time travelling around with last years Supercross and Motocross racing in the US and making a few cameo appearances at road ourses around the world. I am sure he misses the competition greatly.

Old 23 Feb 2001, 14:12 (Ref:66228)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
it is something that Mick has publicly said he would never do ..race cars that is..i guess sitting around doing nothing got the better of him and he wants something to do..at least Targa doesnt have alot of pressure as other events so he can take his time and ease into it and see how he likes it..remember he tested the 1997 Williams Formula One car..and crashed it..but he seemed to enjoy it alot..im really looking forward to seeing how he goes and wish him the best of luck.

I havent heard who is going to be his navigator though ???
Old 2 Mar 2001, 11:45 (Ref:67558)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't remember who said this, so it looses credibility in the telling, but...

The comment was, Australia has produced two recent world champions in the premier motorcycle racing class. One had the talent to go into 4 wheeled competition, the other didn't. The wrong one went racing in Japan on 4 wheels.

Mick, do what suits you, you have reached an elevation in your choosen sphere that allows freedom of thought and movement.

Go with it.
Old 3 Mar 2001, 06:36 (Ref:67730)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have some photos around here of the Doohan Mercedes I took at the recent Brisbane motorshow...I'll get them scanned in some time soon