Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1749067)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd expect at least 3 R10's in th LMS, possibly 4.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1749078)   #27
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Pat Long get a shot. Any idea on how he did in comparison to the other RS Spyder pilots at Sebring?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1749085)   #28
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Maybe an entry for Audi Sport UK and Oreca .

I reckon on 4 cars in LMS . 2 for Joest and 1 each for the above . The 5th and 6th cars in my opinion are a scare to the ALMS ..... cuz Ulrich is massivily pixxed off with them at presant .

2 cars in ALMS and 4 cars for LMS is my guess .
If Audi UK come back will that include Veloqx with Sam li money? and if it does will that bring J Davies?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1749094)   #29
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
If Audi UK come back will that include Veloqx with Sam li money? and if it does will that bring J Davies?
I'd be exceptionally surprised if we saw Veloqx again. No real evidence to go on with this but the abrupt end to their campaign in the 2004 close season struck me as all being a bit final.

The comments elsewhere that Jamie Davies might find a home at Peugeot strike me as being a touch more likely than seeing him in an R10.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1749308)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
Id like to see Richard LLoyd (RLR) back running the car , with Jonny Kane and Jonny Herbert doing the driving .

I think Mr.Davies is busy with the MC12 in the Fia GT next season .

Havent heard anything about Veloqx for ages ?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1754162)   #31
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to Quest France Biela and Capello go to Peugeot and are replaced by Luhr and Rockenfeller. Werner will be fired as well and replaced by a young German.
source: http://www.endurance-info.com/module...&p=40782#40782

I think the young German could be Kaffer. In that case, we have 6 names for Le Mans: McNish, Pirro, Kristensen, Luhr, Rockenfeller, Kaffer.

It is very difficult for me to judge what this means in terms of ALMS and LMS. Kristensen and Kaffer will continue in DTM? How about Lehto and Long? Will Vanina Ickx be fired after her very disappointing DTM year or transferred to LMS?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1754202)   #32
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
My extremely wild guess:
  • ALMS
    • Biela/Pirro
    • Lehto/Werner
  • LMS
    • Capello/McNish
    • Luhr/Rockenfeller
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1754361)   #33
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
The rumor that Audi pilots are moving to Peugeot turns out to be very unreliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
DSC, citing "Italian Sources", has a story laying to rest notions of Pirro and Capello heading to Peugeot. Seemingly Pirro had some conversations which went nowhere and Capello has had no contact.

This one could run and run...
source: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...84#post1754184
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1754363)   #34
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With thepaddock.net reporting Heinz-Harold Frentzen as leaving Audi in the DTM, how about him for an Audi R10 drive in 2007?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1754372)   #35
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucrmh
With thepaddock.net reporting Heinz-Harold Frentzen as leaving Audi in the DTM, how about him for an Audi R10 drive in 2007?
Considering what happend between him and Audi this weekend, I think it’s more realistic to see Schumacher in Lucchini in Le Mans next year.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1754373)   #36
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I think the young German could be Kaffer. In that case, we have 6 names for Le Mans: McNish, Pirro, Kristensen, Luhr, Rockenfeller, Kaffer.
I have changed my mind. Pierre Kaffer is not so young, so I have a different guess: Peter Terting. Seat Sport is said to shrink their WTCC effort from 6 to 4 cars next year.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1754379)   #37
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have changed my mind. Pierre Kaffer is not so young, so I have a different guess: Peter Terting. Seat Sport is said to shrink their WTCC effort from 6 to 4 cars next year.
Doesn’t line Kaffer out, he has the best chances for a seat in the R10. Audi was very pleased with him in the R8 and beside his DTM Job he acted as R10 test driver, so he is very familiar with the car.

Terting is undoubtedly quick, but he didn’t impress with skills which suggest he would be a very good driver in endurance racing.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1754380)   #38
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucrmh
Read the Audi press release again.
Quote:
In a conversation between Head of Audi Motorsport, Dr Wolfgang Ullrich, and Heinz-Harald Frentzen on Monday, no basis for a further successful collaboration could be found.
He is leaving Audi in general, not only in DTM.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1754394)   #39
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
Doesn’t line Kaffer out, he has the best chances for a seat in the R10. Audi was very pleased with him in the R8 and beside his DTM Job he acted as R10 test driver, so he is very familiar with the car.
Mmm, I did not know Kaffer already drove the R10.

Let's be very optimistic:
  • ALMS
    • Biela/Pirro
    • Lehto/Long
  • LMS
    • Capello/McNish
    • Luhr/Rockenfeller
    • Kaffer/Werner
The distinction who goes where is very random. It is based on 2 claims from Murphy the Bear (Pirro ALMS & Rockenfeller LMS) and the assumption that Dave Maraj will pick Lehto.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1754428)   #40
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Read the Audi press release again.
He is leaving Audi in general, not only in DTM.
Oops. Maybe he would be ideal for Peugeot instead then. Shame though, he would have been a good choice for a return to endurance racing.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1779076)   #41
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Motorshow Essen starts tomorrow. Does anyone know when Audi Sport will hold its press conference?
Old 30 Nov 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1779081)   #42
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Motorshow Essen starts tomorrow. Does anyone know when Audi Sport will hold its press conference?
It won't be @ Essen - postponed due to top management change @ Audi.

Mariantic
Old 30 Nov 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1779090)   #43
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I think Audi Sport does not have to fear a lot because of the management changes at VW. They have committed to DTM and Le Mans.

Seat Sport on the other hand is rumored to seriously shrink their WTCC effort. From 6 cars to 0, 2 or 4 cars next year

Volkswagen already annouced their Dakar program. I doubt Skoda will officially return to WRC.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1779434)   #44
Benny_B
Rookie

Belgium
Borgloon
Benny_B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dirk Müller

Just read that Augusto Farfus is replacing Dirk Müller at BMW. Is it possible that we can now line up Dirk as a future R10 driver as well???

Maybe in ALMS because he knows most of the tracks from his Dick Barbour/Schnitzer days???
Old 1 Dec 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1779527)   #45
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I think he will go to DTM to replace Frentzen.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1779735)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think Audi Sport does not have to fear a lot because of the management changes at VW. They have committed to DTM and Le Mans.

Seat Sport on the other hand is rumored to seriously shrink their WTCC effort. From 6 cars to 0, 2 or 4 cars next year

Volkswagen already annouced their Dakar program. I doubt Skoda will officially return to WRC.
Skoda is allowed to develop a Fabia S2000 rally car.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1781869)   #47
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sidenote:

Cool to see the Auto Union type D "Silver Arrow" run in NYC.

L.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDBEYKck-60
Old 4 Dec 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1781963)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that Audi are testing at Barcelona over the next few days. No drivers have yet be confirmed, but the car does have Tom K's name on it.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1782323)   #49
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Audi recently tested at Sebring as well. McNish did all the work. There supposely was a mysterious new driver, but he did not do any laps.

Quote:
Allan McNish handled all of the driving chores for day one and the
R10 performed flawlessly. There will be a surprise or two today...check back later.
source: http://www.lmsr.net/nov101.html

Quote:
Allan again handled all the driving but did some recon in an SUV with another driver who has yet to get seat time. We'll let you know if he does.
source: http://www.lmsr.net/nov103.html
Old 5 Dec 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1782616)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just noticed that the car testing in the states is carrying number 1 , and i did see a pic of the car testing in europe and its carrying number 8 !!!

The number 7 & 8 are joest numbers , or at least prefered numbers . So , i reckon were going to see Joest for sure in LMS .