Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 8 Feb 2007, 04:24 (Ref:1835953)   #1
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champcar 2007 Television Schedule has been announced!!

A mix of NBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 (one race on ESPN Classic also) have been announced!

All races will be either live or same day tape delay.

Go check it out at http://www.champcarworldseries.com/E...intlMode=false
Old 8 Feb 2007, 09:51 (Ref:1836114)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is what CC needs, all its races to be on the main TV channels I believe yes they are? To start picking up the series in another part.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1836124)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully the international listing is updated as well in the sense that Eurosport indeed will show Champ Car again this year.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1836229)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
55 countries throught Europe isn't bad for the European Champ Car fan base, just it would be nice to have decent actual coverge this year, I don't really want to get race director for the 3rd year running..
Old 8 Feb 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1836274)   #5
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good to be on main tv stations the only thing that concerns me is the switching between channels.

You want people to have a habit of every sunday arvo flicking on to CBS or ABC or whatever and knowing ChampCar will be racing. Not thinking, which channel will they be on this week.

I believe (please correct me if Im wrong) that 2008 will see the whole championship on ABC/ESPN
Old 8 Feb 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1836292)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5 ESPN, 5 ESPN2, and 6 network (3 ABC, 2 NBC, 1 CBS). Pretty decent I'd say.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Feb 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1836303)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
5 ESPN, 5 ESPN2, and 6 network (3 ABC, 2 NBC, 1 CBS). Pretty decent I'd say.
I guess Canada is a bit up in the air for now. We don't get ESPN. Will TSN pick them up? Will they get shown at a reasonable time if they do?
Old 8 Feb 2007, 14:10 (Ref:1836325)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
55 countries throught Europe isn't bad for the European Champ Car fan base, just it would be nice to have decent actual coverge this year, I don't really want to get race director for the 3rd year running..
It's a shame there apparently is such a big difference in quality between the Champ Car coverage on British Eurosport and Eurosport International. I was quite happy with Eurosport's coverage last year.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1836383)   #9
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TSN race coverage shows nothing for CC yet

http://tsn.ca/auto_racing/feature/?fid=804
Old 8 Feb 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1836405)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's good that they're now on network and basic cable. It would be better if it wasn't so spread out among whomever had TV time to be bought.

Another thing that is good that there is a seven race stretch where all of the races are in north america and close together in time. I think that's important to establish a base. If they're all over the place, casual viewers might catch one race and never see another. If they're close together someone will remember that they enjoyed it and maybe watch again.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1836471)   #11
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. The network channels plus ABC/ESPN will be great for the series.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1836762)   #12
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem with being on different networks is that they have nothing to gain by promoting to viewers where they can see the next race....
Old 8 Feb 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1836834)   #13
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
True but ESPN and ABC are the same company.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 00:02 (Ref:1836877)   #14
NoGuts-NoGlory
Rookie

Canada
Canada
NoGuts-NoGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by outflat
Problem with being on different networks is that they have nothing to gain by promoting to viewers where they can see the next race....
Yeah, but that is not the end of the world, the real gain by Champcar being on Network TV is the massively increased viewing audience that they will reach. This is what is important and what potential sponsors want to see before they invest. Long term it means New sponsors will come to the series because they can get a return on their sponsorship investment!
Old 9 Feb 2007, 14:22 (Ref:1837382)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by outflat
With the series coverage being a time buy, for now, the networks gain nothing by promoting it anyway - as all extra ad revenue goes straight to Champcar. It's up to Champcar themselves to promote the race coverage, and you can bet that they will keep their viewers informed as to where the next coverage will be found.

Next year all races are to be on Disney properties, which will reduce any sort of conflict of interest. The NBC and CBS races were already contracted when CC signed their new deal with ABC/ESPN, so they're a relic this year.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Feb 2007, 14:25 (Ref:1837387)   #16
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TSN generally has rights to show races but Global often picked up Canadian races. Considering TSN often simulcasts ESPN shows, hopefully this means better programming for us.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 16:22 (Ref:1837458)   #17
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Based on TSN's past efforts I would be very surprised if Canadians don't miss some of the races and others are broadcasted for their only time at 3AM on Wednesday morning.
Old 12 Feb 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1839463)   #18
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am wondering if NBC and CBS will promote Champ Car races on ABC/ESPN, and vice versa. If this happens then this will help in new fans follow the sport for the season.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 05:27 (Ref:1839976)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ok guys I have had a request from another moderator to move this thread to the armchair enthusiasts forum.

Go check it out and you may even stay
Old 13 Feb 2007, 07:29 (Ref:1840117)   #20
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
ok guys I have had a request from another moderator to move this thread to the armchair enthusiasts forum.

Go check it out and you may even stay
i thought this was quite champ car related
Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1842501)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/E...?intlMode=true

We may have lost Nascar but at least we have coverage of Champcar in Europe!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1842533)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As and when Eurosport see fit not to replace it with tennis or break away at the slightest hint of delay or miss the start altogether.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1842658)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yep and also it hasn't been updated yet. Hence for USA it doesn't show ESPN or ABC.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1843214)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's titled 'International TV Schedule 2007', Luke.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1843223)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Can't see where it says 2007 but anyways, it hasn't been updated even if they changed the title...Not that it matters as international wise it's pretty much the same. Lousy stuff for us with Eurosport UK.
However the internationl Eurosport tends to be of better quality.