Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4067242)   #301
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite agree. I'm rooting for Glickenhaus. I hope they come second to #26......
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4067244)   #302
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Quite agree. I'm rooting for Glickenhaus. I hope they come second to #26......
Regarding me Glickenhaus can come 2nd through finish line between the Nr. 7 and the Nr. 8. Actually it would be pretty awesome!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4067246)   #303
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post
I am a Toyota die hard fan and always will be. I like glicken because they are from my home state of New York about 35 mins away from me but I have to say that they sound a bit arrogant at times, kind of bragging! Idk. Even when Toyota came back to the WEC Audi show tons of class and respect and never underestimated Toyota. But again we are talking about power house car manufacture vs a little priveteer from NY

biggest difference is that audi, toyota and big corporations have PR guys who manage communications of the company, glickenhaus has jim's twitter...

I don't know if can be called arrogance, it has been more about an overhyping way to communicate that backfired on them, like at example passing from "we will win le mans" to "I don't think we have budget for extra le mans rounds".
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4067247)   #304
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I've no great desire to see Toyota 1 and 2 again. It's time for a change. Whether that be a Glick or the Alpine or a P2. I don't believe Toyota will run trouble-free to the flag with either of their cars, but we shall see.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4067249)   #305
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Toyotats03OUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
biggest difference is that audi, toyota and big corporations have PR guys who manage communications of the company, glickenhaus has jim's twitter...

I don't know if can be called arrogance, it has been more about an overhyping way to communicate that backfired on them, like at example passing from "we will win le mans" to "I don't think we have budget for extra le mans rounds".
Yes that’s true I agree
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4067252)   #306
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes that’s true I agree

it's an easy mistake sometimes people do... rising the bar too high before being aware of own possibililites...
also pescarolo before LM 2009 made big claims...
even if the undisputed master of this matter is nissan
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4067254)   #307
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Quote:
I confess I've no great desire to see Toyota 1 and 2 again. It's time for a change. Whether that be a Glick or the Alpine or a P2. I don't believe Toyota will run trouble-free to the flag with either of their cars, but we shall see.
Lol I want Toyota 1-2 but I want them to be push and test!! I want them to be challenge.. I’m sick and tired of people complaining that Toyota is wining without any competition ( Audi did it for many years but I don’t remember anyone complaining about it ). Glinken can take third spot for now lol
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4067255)   #308
Toyotats03OUS
Veteran

United States
U.S.A
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
it's an easy mistake sometimes people do... rising the bar too high before being aware of own possibililites...
also pescarolo before LM 2009 made big claims...
even if the undisputed master of this matter is nissan
Nissan is the perfect example lol.. I would love to see them back in the WEC one day
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4067257)   #309
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Once again this is not Toyota s fault that they are the only big manufacturer here. a Toyota 1-2 can be for someone boring, but it can make a lot of fans happy.

If they do run trouble-free - or at least without major issues - I guess they d deserve the win also in your eyes.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4067258)   #310
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Lol I want Toyota 1-2 but I want them to be push and test!! I want them to be challenge.. I’m sick and tired of people complaining that Toyota is wining without any competition ( Audi did it for many years but I don’t remember anyone complaining about it ). Glinken can take third spot for now lol

Exaaactly the way I see it too.

According to a lot of fans, Audi won their hearts with the way Audi treated them at their hopitality at LM.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4067261)   #311
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
According to a lot of fans, Audi won their hearts with the way Audi treated them at their hopitality at LM.
In addition to this, Audi received a lot of goodwill by committing to sportscars when the other manufacturers (Toyota included) packed up and left post-1999. People did still give Audi stick for dominating - particularly in 2003(!) - but perhaps not to the extent that would have been expected.

But this is the Toyota thread, so back on topic - I think their runs on Sunday showed the pace is there. Do they go flat-out and rely on building a gap/catching up to overcome any issues, which are far more likely this year than previously?
Old 17 Aug 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4067283)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Once again this is not Toyota s fault that they are the only big manufacturer here. a Toyota 1-2 can be for someone boring, but it can make a lot of fans happy.

If they do run trouble-free - or at least without major issues - I guess they d deserve the win also in your eyes.
Of course. If they run trouble-free they will easily net 1-2 and will deserve it. And I agree entirely that it's not their fault that the likes of Audi and Porsche ran away from the WEC and Le Mans. We actually have a lot to thank Toyota for.

Quote:
They were very good at it - as some Tenthers here can testify to.....
Old 19 Aug 2021, 07:10 (Ref:4067655)   #313
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Does anyone have an info about Toyota s lock up enterin Mulsanne? on TV I did not notice anything.

It is a bit annoying, because I was about to write a quick post about how satisfied I am with Toyotas average- and also peak pace. They seem to run like clockwork - knock on wood - and they are far more dominant as I had expected.

Seemingly there are a lot of people cheering against Toyota and hyping everything they can.

Kobayashi s qualy lap was a bomb! For our betting game for myself I can say that I would surely not win, I expected Toyota to be slower actually in qualy trim! In Hyperpole they could do a 3:24!
Old 19 Aug 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4067656)   #314
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone have an info about Toyota s lock up enterin Mulsanne? on TV I did not notice anything.

It is a bit annoying, because I was about to write a quick post about how satisfied I am with Toyotas average- and also peak pace. They seem to run like clockwork - knock on wood - and they are far more dominant as I had expected.

Seemingly there are a lot of people cheering against Toyota and hyping everything they can.

Kobayashi s qualy lap was a bomb! For our betting game for myself I can say that I would surely not win, I expected Toyota to be slower actually in qualy trim! In Hyperpole they could do a 3:24!

kobayashi lap was made with little traffic on track during first minutes, don't know how much they could improve during hyperpole.
I honestly don't expect they will be able to find 2 seconds from nowhere, but never say never.
I'm sure toyota guys know that soon or later they will have to deal with brakes issues during the race, anyway during onboards was quite impressive to see how unstable and goofy toyota looks during the fast direction change in the middle of mulsanne chicanes, compared to that ts050 was basically running on rails.
Despite this, during qualifying toyota was 0.6s faster than alpine and best 07 on S3, quite surprising considering how alpine and 07 fit better for porsche sector.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 07:57 (Ref:4067659)   #315
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

I don't think this is true at all, TBH. Toyota have always had a good following, both here and generally however the last thing most of us want to see is the Toyotas running away and hiding. We want a race and seriously hope that the Glicks and the Alpines or the faster P2s can provide it. It's a classic underdog thing, not a dislike for Toyota as such.

I think Toyota can easily find another couple of seconds - if they want to - but the stupidity of just half an hour of Hyperpole will probably rob us of that - as well as the fact that they just don't need to. All they want to do is lock out the front row.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4067762)   #316
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
That's a good point. If there as many incidents as in this FP3 the entire "hyperpole" may be run under slow zones.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4067767)   #317
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, entirely possible!
Old 19 Aug 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4067772)   #318
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is.

Hopefully the lesser cars and having the top cars will reduce the chance of that.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4067812)   #319
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone knows what attaches to that square piece of velcro? Judging by the giant arrow pointing directly at it, it's something required by the safety regs, but I can't imagine what purpose it could possibly serve.

Old 19 Aug 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4067814)   #320
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Isn’t it covering the release for that structure, in the event that the driver needs to be extricated?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4067818)   #321
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And if it doesn’t work there is a 20 minute hold in the pits.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4067821)   #322
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So that’s what the WRT car fell foul of?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4067841)   #323
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Isn’t it covering the release for that structure, in the event that the driver needs to be extricated?
Why cover a mandatory release latch though? Especially since they're not even covered on aero sensitive surfaces. And then why cover it with velcro?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4067848)   #324
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Why cover a mandatory release latch though? Especially since they're not even covered on aero sensitive surfaces. And then why cover it with velcro?
Is it the location of the lifting bushes?
If so, they must be covered with a removable, pliable material to prevent ingress of debris.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4067854)   #325
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Could be.....