Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Oct 2007, 17:46 (Ref:2043823)   #1
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HSCC Finals.

Volunteered for this event on Saturday, but I haven't received any details. Can anybody tell me when we are signing on.
Many thanks.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 17:48 (Ref:2043824)   #2
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign on 0745-0815. On Post 0845. Sign on in Race Admin.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 17:59 (Ref:2043832)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Ed. Thought it would be around 7.30, just wanted to make sure.
See you there,
From the man with the white flag.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 18:37 (Ref:2044827)   #4
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
Volunteered for this event on Saturday, but I haven't received any details. Can anybody tell me when we are signing on.
Many thanks.
lol. I didn't volunteer for it, and received two tickets a week or so ago!
Old 19 Oct 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2044965)   #5
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I maybe going. Not too sure yet.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2045550)   #6
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great days racing.Big grids too. Even managed to get the HSCC chairman to visit the C-o-C for a slight indiscretion
Old 20 Oct 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2045558)   #7
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
A great days racing.Big grids too. Even managed to get the HSCC chairman to visit the C-o-C for a slight indiscretion
....and he got the same treatment as everybody else!

A BIG thank you to everybody who made the meeting such a success. A great day's racing in perfect weather was a great season final, although we (the HSCC) now have the pleasure of running the Walter Hayes meeting in 2 weeks time, so strictly speaking, we still have another meeting to go....and what a meeting that promises to be!
See you all there I hope and thanks again
Old 21 Oct 2007, 09:00 (Ref:2045913)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Thanks John,
it was a pleasure, probably the best weather I've had all season, especially for flagging, loved the formula junior race.
What happened between the Mustangs and the Cortinas, at the start of their race?
Also, I'm surprised we were not invaded by the Americans, the amount of oil we had on the track!
See you all at the HSCC next year.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 09:23 (Ref:2045930)   #9
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
What happened between the Mustangs and the Cortinas, at the start of their race?
Glad you enjoyed the meeting.

I'm sure most people know that I won't comment, on here, about individual incidents . I will, however, confirm that there was judicial action resulting from the first corner 'contacts' in the HRSR race.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 09:31 (Ref:2045937)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Fully understand John,
Just wanted to know the basics, as I was flagging at Maggots and saw, or heard, nothing but a red flag.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2046084)   #11
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did it stand as we were told John?

Took Alan and myself ages to perfect that diagram
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:35 (Ref:2046101)   #12
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Did it stand as we were told John?

Took Alan and myself ages to perfect that diagram
Yes - your report and particularly the diagrams were amongst the best I've seen - no kidding!. They matched the camera coverage perfectly and made our job of apportioning blame very easy

Good to put a face to the name (yours I mean!) by the way.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:39 (Ref:2046103)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the Clerk dealing with the incident / judical, can I just add my compliments. Some of the best Obervers reports I've ever seen - both from Ped Bridge & Copse. Well done, you're an absolute credit.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:49 (Ref:2046477)   #14
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Yes I am the one armed bandit!

Most of the credit for our report should go to Mr Couper. I just told him random things to confuse matters. Heh Heh. But thank you very much, was great to be a part of it.

I have to say I really enjoyed the metting. One of the best I have done this year.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2046534)   #15
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aaah I wondered what you were doing this weekend Robin.

I was at woodcote gap and we were suprised they made it as far as copse as they were all over the place as they left the line. Can I ask what happened as we didn't see!
Old 22 Oct 2007, 17:12 (Ref:2048140)   #16
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car on outside of circuit, made contact with car in middle which made contact with car on the inside which made heavy contact with Pit Wall.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 20:58 (Ref:2048389)   #17
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Car on outside of circuit, made contact with car in middle which made contact with car on the inside which made heavy contact with Pit Wall.
CRASH,BANG and WALLOP then
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2048433)   #18
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
And then a call from the copse tower of F........................................................
Old 23 Oct 2007, 12:06 (Ref:2048968)   #19
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to add my thanks to all the marshals for the weekend, once again there were plenty of you.

Robin, let me know if you want to observe at the WHT and I will find you a nice spot!!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2049394)   #20
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Robin, let me know if you want to observe at the WHT and I will find you a nice spot!![/quote] Stowe,Club,Abbey? They will be the ''quietest''