Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1372555)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Copyright discussion

The videos linked in this thread are illegal breaches of copyright.

They shouldn't be hosted on the web in the first place.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1372568)   #2
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares K-b

If your worried about copyright don't surf the net at all.

It isnt like you can download them to keep, you can only watch them.

I say show us more video clips.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1372578)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a broadcaster, I worry about copyright because I don't like people stealing my work.

Do as you please though.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1372757)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Who cares K-b

We all should.

If you owned the copyright to them, you'd soon care.........
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1372763)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Ten-Tenths does not, and has never, supported breach of copyright and we take great care to ensure that we don't do so. However, we cannot be responsible for what other websites do.

Are we sure they're copyrighted? Are we sure that the website does not have permission to reproduce them? They may be public access or permitted clips. If we can get some evidence that this is a breach of copyright situation, then we will remove the links. However, as they're online and available on a publically accessible website, I have to assume that they are public access unless I have specific proof to the contrary.

Regards,

EP
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1372766)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Who cares K-b

I would love to show more classic video clips to remind us why we still watch F1 and the great days but as pointed out incase they are 'illegal' as I am showing a link to them the thread would probably be removed and something happen to me as someone pointed it out.......
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1372781)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're just as likely to be legal as illegal.

However I don't think you should be jumping up and down on luke over it.......he's just showing us some great clips that's all. And I'm grateful to see them, legal or not. They bring back some dear memories.

Cheers luke!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1372785)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
The videos linked in this thread are illegal breaches of copyright.

They shouldn't be hosted on the web in the first place.
Illegal or not, there's still a huge demand for older original race broadcast footage (in other words, the real deal, not the edited crap you get on season reviews and so on), which also is the reason there are a number of big sites dedicated to race trades these days. Races with Murray Walker commenting, for example, are very popular.

Of course, if the networks themselves were smart enough to offer the original broadcasts on DVD there wouldn't be a need for the "black market" (loads of people would LOVE to be able to get official race DVDs instead of the ones currently offered by private collectors). Unfortunately they, the networks, aren't smart enough to realize this, nor understanding how potentially big the market is.

With that said, Ten-Tenths is better off making sure such clips aren't posted. The greed and narrow-mindedness of the networks can manifest itself in rather nasty ways sometimes

Yes, I am 99% certain that the clips posted are ripped and posted by a private collector, without any sort of legal permission (the Formula 1 rights holders are very restrictive with their licenses) - the "scene" for this has more or less exploded in the last couple of years, especially as video capturing equipment has gotten cheaper and more common.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1372787)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I think it's generalised jumping up and down rather than luke-specific.

I would definitely urge people to be aware of copyright as a general thing. If the companies that produce these things do not get paid, they'll stop producing them. So as a rule of thumb, please do try to avoid promoting anything that is overtly being pirated - whether that be film clips, mp3s, or anything else.

Anyway, this thread appears to have derailed somewhat, so how about returning to topic!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1372868)   #10
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'd find that the copyright of the recordings of these broadcasts will be owned by Formula One Management and the person who uploaded them to this host server has almost certainly infringed copyright.

There are many cases of FOM writing cease and desist letters to other websites that hosted old Formula One footage threatening copyright infringement claims unless they pulled the clips from their websites.

I would urge the moderators to be very careful about the links as it is possible that, if they are vindictive enough, FOM's lawyers will argue that ten-tenths authorised copyright infringement by allowing these links to remain and allowing its users to access and infringe copyrighted works.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1372911)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Thanks for the comments guys - we'll take it under advisement.

If you have concerns, I suggest you contact those you believe to be the copyright holders directly and inform them of this site's existence.

If the material is not hosted here, then we have no obligation to check the copyright status - merely to deal with the situation appropriately if we are contacted by the copyright holder. If we are contacted regarding this by the copyright holder, or receive any evidence whatever that any link posted is to illegal material, we will of course remove it. But at present, it appears to have been posted in good faith with no ill-intent and we have no reason to believe that it is not public access information. We can't be held responsible for the whole internet - only the bit we provide.

Your concern is appreciated.

Thread closed.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1372912)   #12
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
As a broadcaster, I worry about copyright because I don't like people stealing my work.

Do as you please though.

for once i agree with kicking back!

im a photographer and im sick of finding my images used on peoples websites and in local newspapers.

however part of me thinks sod it, more people should see amazing racing like thta!