Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Mar 2000, 20:06 (Ref:14262)   #1
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am looking for some information on the Sneterton night races.(btcc)
Is anyone else thinking of going?
Is there anywhere close by to stay? Are there camping facilities?
Any info would be welcome
Old 21 Mar 2000, 20:14 (Ref:14263)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure that quite a lot of people from here will be planning on going. Haven't really thought that far ahead, but I imagine I'll be there
Don't know if it's the same this year, but last year finding accommodation was a bit difficult because it coincided with some big East Anglian Steam Fair in the area and everywhere seemed to be booked up with that.
There is camping available at the track, but I can't tell you anything about what the facilities are like.
Old 21 Mar 2000, 21:04 (Ref:14264)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I shall be there - have booked the day off work already...

You basically have to camp overnight. I made the mistake of deciding to drive back last year and scared myself silly the next day when I realised I couldn't remember any of my journey from about 5 miles south of Snett

I finally got home at 5am - roughly 24 hours since I left home the previous morning. Will not be repeating that mistake this year!

Will be quite a few of us going - most of the regulars (myself, Carrie, Invader, etc, etc.) and I think Liz is intending to come along too. Hopefully Invader will leave Martyn at home this year, and leave me to do the barbie - thus we'll not all get food poisoning!

See you there
Old 22 Mar 2000, 10:21 (Ref:14265)   #4
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
I had these terible visions of camping all on my own in the middle of nowhere, but if you are all camping, any chance I could pich my tent nearby?
I hope so
Old 22 Mar 2000, 16:22 (Ref:14266)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'll be ok Lee. That lot take every opportunity to Camp about.
Old 22 Mar 2000, 18:08 (Ref:14267)   #6
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
What sort of prices am I looking at? Is there a charge for camping?
Old 24 Mar 2000, 09:21 (Ref:14268)   #7
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee

Have a look in our lovely circuit guides and see if they give you any help.

If they don't please submit us an update if you find out anything useful .
Old 24 Mar 2000, 18:35 (Ref:14269)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Good advice Andy.

Carrie has done a grand job on the Snetterton circuit guide. As Andy says, if you find out any more info (the contact at the circuit for camping, etc.) let us know and we'll update the guide to keep it up to date.
Old 25 Mar 2000, 19:58 (Ref:14270)   #9
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If your off to camp go down friday night and youll get in free.

Take plenty of beer cos the bar gets real full.

I dont know what the night racing is like cos last year straight after our race we set off down to brands for another race.
Old 25 Mar 2000, 23:03 (Ref:14271)   #10
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be going (again) this year. Last year, it was on my birthday, and my bestest buddy offered me a ticket and transport.

The night racing was ABSOLUTELY FAPPING BRILLIANT!!! We stood against the chainlink in the pits (Sshhh!) and watched the cars roar in for pitstops... Mmmm.... Pitstops...!

It's not too bad though, 'cos I only live 40 mins away!! So I'm afraid I know splod all about the camping, except to say, there is loads of ground in-field (and out!)

I would, of course, offer to put you all up, but I'm afraid the real Sparky (the hairy one) would probably chew yer socks off by morning...

Let me know where ya gonna be, and I'll see ya there!
Old 26 Mar 2000, 01:08 (Ref:14272)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there indeed, with friends from Norwich and Reading - we are staying with them in Norwich and driving up for the race and will drive home to their place afterwards to return to Toronto for the Molson Indy Race Week. Maisie has sent me the BTCC Season On Tape (5 tapes full when it was converted!) and that race was totally fab. I am very much looking forward to seeing Muller become the first pilote to win the thing driving entirely sideways. Also want to meet my Cousin Rickard live in person.

As I will be camping in Le Mans in June, I don't think we'll be camping again in July. But you never know.
Old 26 Mar 2000, 21:28 (Ref:14273)   #12
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I don't think it really needs saying, when we're at Snetterton it's a foregone conclusion that we'll be found in or outside the bar
Old 6 Apr 2000, 14:57 (Ref:14274)   #13
PT
Rookie

PT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget to add the Silverstone night race to your diaries as well. It's the final round, 16th September. Might be interesting at Abbey or Bridge.
Old 6 Apr 2000, 16:30 (Ref:14275)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We were going to that one too, but it conflicts with the Goodwood Revival.

Old 7 Apr 2000, 22:34 (Ref:14276)   #15
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there to watch Muller win....I'm only eating gummi bears this year tho'
Old 13 Apr 2000, 01:48 (Ref:14277)   #16
Liz
Veteran

MULLER!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 Apr 2000, 13:05 (Ref:14278)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Invader:
I'm only eating gummi bears this year tho' <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you gone off Twiglets then ?