Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Sep 2017, 08:33 (Ref:3770485)   #776
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Some talk that Ms Angelo could be on the grid too, off the back of this announcement.
What is the Fullwood sponsors relationship with Chelsea's sponsors/racing?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3770488)   #777
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Logistics and staffing will be amortised over two cars, therefore the budget required will be smaller.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3770534)   #778
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so why arent you racing?
Because i'm not the type of driver Super2 wants in the field.... plus i don't have the budget and am out of interest in banging my head against a brick wall these days chasing motor racing budgets.....

Had a sponsorship deal come off I likely would have been in the non-championship Konica Series support race for the 2002 race...

I'm guessing you aren't racing because points aren't on offer though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Clearly a bunch of Super 2 competitors disagree.
I think that speaks more of the pathetic attitude of some of the current Super2 drivers or entrants these days then

Though they've probably been influenced by the rubbish Supercars management and VASC competitors pushed for years whinging about the AGP support races not being for championship points....

How did anyone get by when the Bathurst 1000 wasn't worth competing in because it didn't pay any championship points....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
The Bathurst 1000 is a professional race and the place for weekend warriors ended about 20 years ago, often by one of them taking out a race contender.

These weekend warriors don't have the budget, machinery or skills to race at Bathurst or obviously they'd probably be in Super2 or making up a wildcard.

The romance of the old days is long gone.
The "Bathurst 1000" was a race for professionals and amateurs alike if you had an eligible car and could lap quicker than the specified standard.

The "Australian/Primus/FAI/V8Supercar/Bob-Jane-T-Marts/Supercheap-Auto 1000" introduced in 1997 is a race that tolerated amateurs for a while but ultimately always wanted to weed them out
Old 29 Sep 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3770580)   #779
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The "Australian/Primus/FAI/V8Supercar/Bob-Jane-T-Marts/Supercheap-Auto 1000" introduced in 1997 is a race that tolerated amateurs for a while but ultimately always wanted to weed them out
Such a shame that is.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3770631)   #780
WatchingOn
Rookie

WatchingOn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Because i'm not the type of driver Super2 wants in the field.... plus i don't have the budget and am out of interest in banging my head against a brick wall these days chasing motor racing budgets.....

Had a sponsorship deal come off I likely would have been in the non-championship Konica Series support race for the 2002 race...

I'm guessing you aren't racing because points aren't on offer though?

I think that speaks more of the pathetic attitude of some of the current Super2 drivers or entrants these days then
I think that you are missing the point although you do make reference to why you didn't race in the Konica race way back when

Super2 is a 7 round championship with Bathurst as an optional round which as it says optional, in effect this means that the taking on Bathurst as an optional round increases your yearly budget above what it has/was the previous year.

I understand that Bathurst is prestigious but you can't call divers pathetic because they can't afford to do it when you yourself state that you would have raced but couldn't get sponsorship

I sometimes wonder what people's perception is of how much motorsport actually costs.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3770640)   #781
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingOn View Post
I think that you are missing the point although you do make reference to why you didn't race in the Konica race way back when

Super2 is a 7 round championship with Bathurst as an optional round which as it says optional, in effect this means that the taking on Bathurst as an optional round increases your yearly budget above what it has/was the previous year.

I understand that Bathurst is prestigious but you can't call divers pathetic because they can't afford to do it when you yourself state that you would have raced but couldn't get sponsorship

I sometimes wonder what people's perception is of how much motorsport actually costs.
Spot On

100% confident i would be doing it as well, but I dont have a budget. but if I win tatts tonight be confident I am racing in the 6 hour next year
Old 30 Sep 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3770705)   #782
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

"Renee has chosen to step away from competitive motorsport..."

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Sep 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3770710)   #783
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like a business leader wishing to spend more time with his family..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Oct 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3770850)   #784
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Like a business leader wishing to spend more time with his family..

isnt that the same as a politician , saying," I need to spend more time with my family"

when it should be, "I am done, I will no get re elected"

or in this case, like Neil Crompton said to me many years ago,
My driving stocks are low , so I'm of to driving a microphone
Old 1 Oct 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3770893)   #785
UncleMurphy
Rookie

North Korea
UncleMurphy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we check her management's website it also lists the same.

http://www.velocitygp.com.au/drivers-and-athletes
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3771144)   #786
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingOn View Post

My deal would have included all the championship rounds plus the non-championship Bathurst event. As it was the whole thing didn't come off, which is a common problem in motor racing.

I only called the ones 'pathetic' if they didn't want to race just because it was non-championship. Budgets have nothing to do with that initial decision. Did the one's not competing this weekend chase the dollars to try and get on the grid? The discussion is about attitudes, not budgets.

The likes of Formula Ford used to have a non-championship event on the Bathurst support bill and fill the grid with reserves, as did many support races.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:52 (Ref:3771149)   #787
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But to be fair other classes apart from production cars have only run sprint rounds, enduros cost a lot more money to run.

Old 2 Oct 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3771174)   #788
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends on your ambition. If you want to showcase your talent on the mountain you will move hell and high water to do so.
It appears Fullwood has a bit more ambition than some.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 01:56 (Ref:3771416)   #789
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cindric Was Set To Debut In Super2
Old 3 Oct 2017, 02:18 (Ref:3771420)   #790
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not many decent chassis out there, that aren't already spoken for.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 02:27 (Ref:3771423)   #791
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Not many decent chassis out there, that aren't already spoken for.
Prodrive have at least 1 available... as used by Mr Stanaway
Old 3 Oct 2017, 02:58 (Ref:3771424)   #792
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not too late then to write to Mr Dutton.

(Not of RBRA fame)
Old 3 Oct 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3771466)   #793
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Some talk that Ms Angelo could be on the grid too, off the back of this announcement.

Old 3 Oct 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3771468)   #794
Umai Naa
Veteran

Good to see that her new manager is doing his job.

However, the proofreader...

As for a Bathurst deal, it is unconfirmed if a car in addition to Mr Fullwood's Altima was loaded into the MWM truck.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3771484)   #795
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

He works hard for his money...
Old 3 Oct 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3771488)   #796
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 3 Oct 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3771489)   #797
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 6 Oct 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3772239)   #798
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Some bloody quick times there... would have been even faster had there not been a red flag..
Old 7 Oct 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3772409)   #799
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Chadha was having a decent race, until he threw it away...
Old 7 Oct 2017, 03:45 (Ref:3772410)   #800
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Mr Chadha was having a decent race, until he threw it away...
It does make you wonder what he might do in a good car..