Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3616618)   #76
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess I see your point other than at plate tracks the cars running behind the leader are always faster and the only option is to drive defensive or block, everytime.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3616625)   #77
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder who will actually try to go to Golden Corral on Monday 'cause you know....the car that finished 8th.....

(Yes, I'm still alive and still watching the series like anyone here. I decided to start using the forums again to see how you have all been doing.)
Old 22 Feb 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3616637)   #78
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I wonder who will actually try to go to Golden Corral on Monday 'cause you know....the car that finished 8th.....

(Yes, I'm still alive and still watching the series like anyone here. I decided to start using the forums again to see how you have all been doing.)
Welcome back. Hope you've been well!

Half of Georgia will be at the Corral tomorrow, I am sure. I won't be one of them.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 08:39 (Ref:3616668)   #79
Bakemono
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
Bakemono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Toyota fan here, so I was very happy with the finish. It would have been nice to see Toyota take the top 4 spots but if they had stayed in line, maybe Harvick would have stolen it like Hamlin did. As long as its a Toyota in Victory Lane, Im happy.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3616702)   #80
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Good finish. Pity Truex didn't win it though.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3616856)   #81
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Ratings down a bit from last year:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016...hamlin-finish/
Old 23 Feb 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3616972)   #82
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Good finish. Pity Truex didn't win it though.
Agreed - how many races will have the Bass Pro Shop paint job for?
Old 24 Feb 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3617319)   #83
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Agreed - how many races will have the Bass Pro Shop paint job for?
Nine races in total during the year, according to Jayski.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3617419)   #84
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Strong performance from Toyota.

Other news:
Stewart-Haas switching to Ford next season!
Old 26 Feb 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3617892)   #85
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post

Other news:
Stewart-Haas switching to Ford next season!
I will be watching Harvick and what he plans to do as
contract time gets closer. He has been a big Chevy guy.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3618033)   #86
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I will be watching Harvick and what he plans to do as
contract time gets closer. He has been a big Chevy guy.
What about Stewart himself? Wasn't JGR's switch to Toyota a reason to leave the team?
Old 26 Feb 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3618097)   #87
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What about Stewart himself? Wasn't JGR's switch to Toyota a reason to leave the team?
So the story goes , but with him out of the car next year, that
made his decision a little easier. Ford sweetened the pot a good bit.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 22:19 (Ref:3618111)   #88
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
So the story goes , but with him out of the car next year, that
made his decision a little easier. Ford sweetened the pot a good bit.
But his WoO team? Currently it has Chevy backing.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 22:44 (Ref:3618118)   #89
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
But his WoO team? Currently it has Chevy backing.
I know. Time will tell. Worried about Harvick though.
Chevy WILL be working behind the scenes.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 23:12 (Ref:3618129)   #90
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quali at Atl. now on FS1.
This new low downforce package is awesome.
Most of them slideways.
Only 39 cup cars.

All Busch front row.
1- Kyle 2- Kurt

Last edited by canamman; 26 Feb 2016 at 23:39.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3618234)   #91
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quali at Atl. now on FS1.
This new low downforce package is awesome.
Most of them slideways.
Only 39 cup cars.

All Busch front row.
1- Kyle 2- Kurt
Agreed, the package is AWESOME and racing should be as good as, or better than at Kentucky and Darlington, last season, where this package was introduced! If they could only get a package like this, that would bring good racing back to Daytona and Talladega, like it was in the old days.

Well, it WAS an all Busch front row, last night at the conclusion of qualifying, but just read, on Jayski's, that Kyle Busch's pole position run has been disallowed. Busch's car failed post qualification inspection. The "toe" was set at an illegal angle. Busch will have to start at the back of the field. Brother, Kurt is now on the pole for tomorrow's race. NASCAR said that there will be no further penalties, than loss of position, for Kyle Busch.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3618262)   #92
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The night races "work" this day in age.

Strong showing from "The Kid" in his first duel but JR schooled the field in Race 1.

Jeff Gordon is a horrendous broadcaster. I'd almost rather listen to DW. ALMOST.
I'll disagree about Gordon being a horrendous broadcaster. I though he did quite well. He's new to this, the chemistry still needs to fully jell, but I think this is going to make a excellent broadcast team. One thing that I did notice, to me anyway, DW didn't seem to interrupt or try to over-talk Jeff as much as he has anyone else that has been in the booth. Perhaps Gordon is the "Balance" that DW has needed, to tone him down a bit. Something I noticed about Jeff as well, he is so fresh, from being out of the series, that he still has more of a driver's point of view of things that happen. Because of this, he will more quickly diagnose or spot things happening on track and why, than DW will. DW is good at picking things up, but he has been out from behind the wheel for a good while now, so he doesn't tend to see things quite as quickly as he did, when he was closer to the time that he got out of the cockpit of the car.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3618264)   #93
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
I know. Time will tell. Worried about Harvick though.
Chevy WILL be working behind the scenes.
Honestly, I doubt Harvick will be going anywhere. Unless he has some kind of falling out, with Stewart, he'll stay. He's sitting in the catbird seat, at SHR. He's the lead driver for the team and should remain so. Yeah, he's a "Chevy man" for the present, but he will likely become a "Ford man" in the future. Stewart, himself, will most likely be the same. I believe the MAIN objection to Toyoda, when he was with JGR, was his plan, to start his own team. HMS was THE team to be affiliated with, if you planned to run Chevrolets. Stewart, being with Toyoda, just did not fit that profile, seeing that he wanted to run Chevrolets, with his team starting up. He will be ditching Chevy now, in favor of Ford, so the same situation does not exist. Most interesting, from what I can find out, the problem between Stewart and Hendricks is a pretty nasty disagreement over chasses and it is interesting to note, that in 2017 SHR will start producing their own chasses, in house.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3618268)   #94
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
At the end it's all about a fast & reliable car and off course money.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3618274)   #95
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I'll disagree about Gordon being a horrendous broadcaster. I though he did quite well. He's new to this, the chemistry still needs to fully jell, but I think this is going to make a excellent broadcast team. One thing that I did notice, to me anyway, DW didn't seem to interrupt or try to over-talk Jeff as much as he has anyone else that has been in the booth. Perhaps Gordon is the "Balance" that DW has needed, to tone him down a bit. Something I noticed about Jeff as well, he is so fresh, from being out of the series, that he still has more of a driver's point of view of things that happen. Because of this, he will more quickly diagnose or spot things happening on track and why, than DW will. DW is good at picking things up, but he has been out from behind the wheel for a good while now, so he doesn't tend to see things quite as quickly as he did, when he was closer to the time that he got out of the cockpit of the car.
Good points.

I've never liked Jeff's voice or personality, so I am sure that has a lot to do with my opinion of him as a broadcaster. It also just seemed awkward; perhaps because it was his first real go at it. He did have more inside info than DW did, I'd agree to that.

DW has always been a "character", albeit annoying, but could be somewhat entertaining right out of the gate. Jeff is as bland as they come, with no spice or excitability about him.

Again, never liked him so I am biased.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3618298)   #96
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Good points.

I've never liked Jeff's voice or personality, so I am sure that has a lot to do with my opinion of him as a broadcaster. It also just seemed awkward; perhaps because it was his first real go at it. He did have more inside info than DW did, I'd agree to that.

DW has always been a "character", albeit annoying, but could be somewhat entertaining right out of the gate. Jeff is as bland as they come, with no spice or excitability about him.

Again, never liked him so I am biased.
I found it was amusing listening to Gordon talking about Bowyer and Keselowski with high praise. Not so long ago he punched one and wrecked the other.
DW is irritating, but I find myself missing the Fox commentary as soon as NBC take over. Le Tarte makes me grind my teeth. I thought ESPN were the best.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 23:59 (Ref:3618326)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I found it was amusing listening to Gordon talking about Bowyer and Keselowski with high praise. Not so long ago he punched one and wrecked the other.
DW is irritating, but I find myself missing the Fox commentary as soon as NBC take over. Le Tarte makes me grind my teeth. I thought ESPN were the best.
The Juggernaut and TNN with Eli Gold and Buddy Baker were always the best.

The FOX Clowns wore their welcome with me a decade ago. At least Jeff Hammond and his gold chain are no longer in the mix.
Old 28 Feb 2016, 04:00 (Ref:3618345)   #98
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just want people to know that, for better or worse, Southerners aren't like DW. He's a cartoon character.

I forgot twice this week that Nascar was in town. I haven't heard anything on the radio or otherwise...
Old 28 Feb 2016, 15:27 (Ref:3618413)   #99
canamman
Veteran

United States
Great day at Atl. Motor Speedway yesterday. About the same size
crowd as last year. Xfinity put on a good show with the
Cup guys dominating up front. Lots of local guys to keep
up with so that was fun. First time Kyle Busch as ever won at
Atl. in anything so good for him.

Truck race really ended up being the better show. The race was
fairly straight forward till about 20 to go. The leaders were involved
in vicious crash on the back straight. That set up a chance for
some rookies to get there first win. With about 7 or 8 to go
the right front blew on the leader in turn 4 and he hit the
wall with a mighty BOOM! The loudest I have ever heard at any track.
This is the same driver who did 10 barrel rolls at the finish of the Daytona race just a week ago. Hopefully his luck will change soon. 18 year oldJohn Hunter Nemechek got the win for his career second. Youngest winner ever at Atlanta.

With Atlanta's 3 wide grooves to choose from for drivers, it
can lead to some lengthy green flag runs which means boredom.
Hopefully that will be offset by some 3 wide racing and a little
bit of beaten and banging. Thank goodness for a nice day for the race!
Old 28 Feb 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3618465)   #100
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Glad you had a good day, canamman! They got lucky with the weather! It is Chamber of Commerce weather in North Ga today, which is why I am not watching. Been listening when I can but it's too beautiful outside to be sitting on the couch today.

Caution free with cars slip sliding around the high banks in Hampton. Should be a great show.