Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Sep 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3674761)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
So I can set up a canopy on the outside of turn 10 at the very top of the seating area, right behind the last row, right?
Probably not, aren't there a few RV spots up there behind the seating area? Think they are the reason for the no canopies in the last couple rows, rich guys pay for their view and can't have us riff-raff fans blocking their air conditioned comfort view of the action.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3674785)   #27
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Probably not, aren't there a few RV spots up there behind the seating area? Think they are the reason for the no canopies in the last couple rows, rich guys pay for their view and can't have us riff-raff fans blocking their air conditioned comfort view of the action.
RIFF- RAFF FANS at a major Sportscar Event ?

Hey Pal this Ain't no stinking Local Saturday night NASCAR TRACK .

Onliest people that should be allowed in NICE people

Next thing you know you will be telling us there are some Semi- Hot Babes in the mix also walking around drinking beer

OH the HUMANITY of it ALL
Old 25 Sep 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3674901)   #28
Alex_Florida
Rookie

Alex_Florida should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be glad to see the whole P2-DP thing end. It was one of the dumbest moves in racing history. Atlanta is always a GTLM thriller: bring it on!
Old 26 Sep 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3675260)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post

Next thing you know you will be telling us there are some Semi- Hot Babes in the mix also walking around drinking beer

There's quite a lot of crossover between the local short track fanbase and the people that camp out at sportscar racing events, if the ones I've been to have any bearing.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3675263)   #30
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Matt : OH SURE !!! At a proper road course like say Lime Rock at least the Riff Raff is kept to a Minimum . Not like some of those Southern RR tracks where they seem to get inundated with HOO CHEE KOO MOMMA's every where you look
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3675265)   #31
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Matt : OH SURE !!! At a proper road course like say Lime Rock at least the Riff Raff is kept to a Minimum . Not like some of those Southern RR tracks where they seem to get inundated with HOO CHEE KOO MOMMA's every where you look
You couldn't be more wrong.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3675267)   #32
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How the #5 and #10 can win the title http://nasportscar.com/triple-threat...totype-battle/
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3675272)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
And the riff raff comment was meant to refer to myself and the fact I'm not, nor ever will be, one of the guys with the $100k+ RVs in the reserved areas. But apparently you find someone who camps and enjoys hanging out at the track beneath you and should be barred from enjoying the event.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3675280)   #34
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Pretty sure his comments were made with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek...
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3675281)   #35
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Firstly Everyone has the Right to camp as they see fit to do so at the track . You want to sleep in a tent or under a tarp have at it . In most cases it is free . As well as I have the right to enjoy the comforts of my 250K Dollar Motorhome . If I care to pay for the reserved area that is my Perogative .

When we are all out and about walking the track We are all on an equal basis . I guess what bothers me most is tracks like Daytona and particularly Sebring TOO many slobs for me . The same place you walked the day of the event can hardly be traversed the day after the event

Nothing wrong with the short tracks I am a big fan of the Modifieds at Stafford and Thompson .Been attending the Sizzler since day one . Can't remember the year but I would have loved to see the Modifieds when they ran at LR .

My latest comment is I would have liked to have seen the likes of Richie Evans , Maynard Troyer Eddie Flemke , Bugsy and Freddy D get in a GT-3 car and show these rent a ride drivers HOW it is really done OH WELL!!!
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3675289)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Daytona and Sebring are in Florida so there's that to contend with.

Otherwise, this all has little to do with Road Atlanta and Petit Le Mans, other than plenty of "Sebring" types flock north for the event and have for years.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3675292)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
How the #5 and #10 can win the title http://nasportscar.com/triple-threat...totype-battle/
Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to watch this unfold along with the race stories, themselves.

Will you have any scenarios for the other classes? (really just GTLM)
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3675308)   #38
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Take a read of this article from S365:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/mi...petit-le-mans/

Its not the usual Michelin puff piece. There are a few digs at IMSA in there. And I do agree with what the article says no doubt.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3675312)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I have to wonder about the practice of cutting rain tires for heavy rain, couldn't tell if that was a Michelin thing or a recommendation they make to the teams or just something the teams all do on their own. I'd guess Michelin would at least know if not do it themselves for the teams to make sure everything went right. Anyone know if Michelin only brings, or is limited to, one type of rain tire for IMSA events or so they have to make a 'heavy rain' tire on site? Don't they have a couple rain tires in their bag between the Prototype and GT range?
Old 26 Sep 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3675318)   #40
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Will be interesting to watch this unfold along with the race stories, themselves.

Possibly for CTSCC's ST class and maybe GTLM
Old 26 Sep 2016, 18:27 (Ref:3675326)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I have to wonder about the practice of cutting rain tires for heavy rain, couldn't tell if that was a Michelin thing or a recommendation they make to the teams or just something the teams all do on their own. I'd guess Michelin would at least know if not do it themselves for the teams to make sure everything went right. Anyone know if Michelin only brings, or is limited to, one type of rain tire for IMSA events or so they have to make a 'heavy rain' tire on site? Don't they have a couple rain tires in their bag between the Prototype and GT range?
It does seem strange to ban something that makes the racing safer in the rain. Either way, that rule won't apply this year.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US
Old 26 Sep 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3675328)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just an fyi, the opening post has been updated with some more links
Old 26 Sep 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3675345)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just an fyi, the opening post has been updated with some more links
Bout damn time!

Set up day (for some) and take down day are the warmest. Otherwise *crossing fingers still*
Old 27 Sep 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3675514)   #44
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:

Here's GTLM...it's not that interesting http://nasportscar.com/the-closest-c...nship-battles/
Old 27 Sep 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3675525)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Here's GTLM...it's not that interesting http://nasportscar.com/the-closest-c...nship-battles/

I like the odds, however. Thanks!
Old 27 Sep 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3675570)   #46
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Take a read of this article from S365:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/mi...petit-le-mans/

Its not the usual Michelin puff piece. There are a few digs at IMSA in there. And I do agree with what the article says no doubt.
This is just depressing.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3675602)   #47
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for doing these Petit articles nasportscar! I was trying to figure
all this out when I was making my own xcel spreadsheet /entry list and
point standings. I got confused rather quickly with the point scenarios.
I used the initial 41 car entry list to make my sheet , now I just saw an article
saying only 37 expected. I will just have to wait to see who gets out there
for practice before I make my edits.

The closest in the standings seems to be GTD 2nd - 4th.
Old 28 Sep 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3675714)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Track action started today, but the first IMSA (Weathertech) session will not be until tomorrow, which is when I plan on arriving.

Thankfully, the weather is looking fabulous right now, dare I say?
Old 28 Sep 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3675727)   #49
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Track action started today, but the first IMSA (Weathertech) session will not be until tomorrow, which is when I plan on arriving.

Thankfully, the weather is looking fabulous right now, dare I say?
No, I think we are good. As for the P class, I think there may be a bit of
bragging rights and prestige to gain being the last DP to win. I have
watched the Taylor kids grow up through the years so they will
be my sentimental favorite. I will be loitering the turn 4 fence area for the last hour of the Conti race and will hang there for WeatherTech Quali.

My truck was in the process of puking a water pump bearing
so its in the shop now getting that fixed. I cant afford any chances
of a breakdown for the 30 minute commute to the track!
Old 28 Sep 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3675737)   #50
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit has consistently been the race I've always wanted to go to but work commitments always keep it from happening. Really looking forward to this one.

I'm torn between wanting a DP victory in its final run, with the Taylors taking the win, a Mazda break-through, or an ESM Patron NAEC championship. Really if any of the three win I'll be happy.

And although I'm more a Porsche fan than anything else, I'd really like to see Risi with a victory after the crap luck they've had this year.