Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 23 Apr 2019, 23:44 (Ref:3899275)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
103rd Indianapolis 500 preview

With the IndyCar Grand Prix, not until May 11th and the 500, not until May 26th, this thread is a preview of this year's Indy 500.

Current entry list.

2 United States, Josef Newgarden. Team Penske, Chevrolet
3 Brazil, Hélio Castroneves W. Team Penske, Chevrolet
4 Brazil, Matheus Leist. A. J. Foyt Enterprises, Chevrolet
5 Canada, James Hinchcliffe. Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Honda
7 Sweden, Marcus Ericsson R. Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Honda
9 New Zealand, Scott Dixon W. Chip Ganassi Racing, Honda
10 Sweden Felix, Rosenqvist R. Chip Ganassi Racing, Honda
12 Australia, Will Power W. Team Penske, Chevrolet
14 Brazil, Tony Kanaan W. A. J. Foyt Enterprises, Chevrolet
15 United States, Graham Rahal. Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda
18 France, Sébastien Bourdais. Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan, Honda
19 United States, Santino Ferrucci R. Dale Coyne Racing, Honda
20 United States, Ed Carpenter. Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
21 United States, Spencer Pigot. Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
22 France, Simon Pagenaud. Team Penske, Chevrolet
23 United States, Charlie Kimball. Carlin. Chevrolet
24 United States, Sage Karam. Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Chevrolet
25 United States, Conor Daly. Andretti Autosport, Honda
26 United States, Zach Veach. Andretti Autosport, Honda
27 United States, Alexander Rossi W. Andretti Autosport, Honda
28 United States, Ryan Hunter-Reay W. Andretti Autosport, Honda
30 Japan, Takuma Sato W. Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. Honda
31 Mexico, Patricio O'Ward R. Carlin, Chevrolet
32 United States, Kyle Kaiser. Juncos Racing, Chevrolet
33 Australia, James Davison. Dale Coyne Racing with Byrd/Hollinger/Belardi, Honda
39 United Kingdom, Pippa MannClauson-Marshall Racing, Chevrolet
42 United Kingdom, Jordan King R. Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda
48 United States, J.R. Hildebrand. Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Chevrolet
59 United Kingdom, Max Chilton. Carlin Chevrolet
60 United Kingdom, Jack Harvey. Meyer Shank Racing with Schmidt Peterson Honda
63 United Arab Emirates, Ed Jones. Ed Carpenter Racing Scuderia Corsa Chevrolet
66 Spain Fernando Alonso, McLaren Racing, Chevrolet
77 TBA Arrow Schmidt, Peterson Motorsports, Honda
81 United Kingdom, Ben Hanley R. DragonSpeed, Chevrolet
88 United States, Colton Herta R. Harding Steinbrenner Racing, Honda
98 United States, Marco Andretti. Andretti Herta Autosport w/ Marco Andretti & Curb-Agajanian, Honda

R = Rookie
W = past winner.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3899276)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IndyCar, are scheduling an open test at IMS, this Wednesday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m ET.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/04...n-test-preview
Old 24 Apr 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3899372)   #3
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A win for Castroneves, Rosenqvist, Kanaan, Bourdais, Rahal, Carpenter, Mann, Herta or Andretti would be nice.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3899380)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's no Colombian drivers (Gabby Chaves, Carlos Muñoz, Sebastián Savedra), and just 6 Rookies of the Year (Hélio, Marco, RHR, Hildebrand, Rossi, Alonso).
Old 24 Apr 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3899391)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
got my tickets in the mail yesterday!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3899394)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
got my tickets in the mail yesterday!
What stand are you in?
Old 24 Apr 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3899428)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
based on the info in the trackside forum we were trying for grandstand E but as we were pretty late to the party settled for A.

got a bit burned by buying from a reseller site but serves us right for delaying so long...we thought due to the number of available seats we would have time but we really underestimated how quickly it sells out.

either way though really looking forward to attending my first race there!
Old 25 Apr 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3899574)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Here are the links to the results from yesterday's open testing and they've been split into Rookies and Veterans.

http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/...Indy%20ROP.pdf

http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/...20veterans.pdf
Old 25 Apr 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3899619)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
For those of you who love nostalgia, a bronze brick commemorating A.J. Foyt's 4 Indy 500 victories, was layed in the Yard of Bricks earlier today. It will be followed by commemorative bricks for Al Unser and Rick Mears.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/04...-brick-AJ-Foyt
Old 26 Apr 2019, 02:17 (Ref:3899669)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
You always want to be first. That means a lot to me. I never was happy when I ran second or third. That was my whole life. I didn’t want to settle for second or third. I had to a lot, but I wasn’t happy about it.
I liked that
Old 27 Apr 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3899980)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
For those of you who love nostalgia, a bronze brick commemorating A.J. Foyt's 4 Indy 500 victories, was layed in the Yard of Bricks earlier today. It will be followed by commemorative bricks for Al Unser and Rick Mears.

That is great, and it got me thinking, what if each winner got a brick? That would be kind of cool.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3900237)   #12
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Putting commemorative bricks is a lovely idea
Old 29 Apr 2019, 21:10 (Ref:3900568)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is great, and it got me thinking, what if each winner got a brick? That would be kind of cool.
Better than a mini-Borg??

I should have grabbed it, but the embedded ad in Tapatalk when I hit submit was a milk ad. Well played milk board, well played
Old 29 Apr 2019, 22:24 (Ref:3900579)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Better than a mini-Borg??

I should have grabbed it, but the embedded ad in Tapatalk when I hit submit was a milk ad. Well played milk board, well played
you can get a mini Borg and a brick.

and lol at the milk ad
Old 30 Apr 2019, 01:05 (Ref:3900607)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
you can get a mini Borg and a brick.

and lol at the milk ad
Obviously you don't know Indy management sir, you get one or the other. They aren't made of money you know
Old 1 May 2019, 00:02 (Ref:3900886)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I think a brick for every win, would be a bit over the top and take away the prestige and achievement, that comes with winning this race 4 times. Otherwise, continue to give every winner a Mini Borg.
Old 2 May 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3901387)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I liked that
He is THE Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Missed this. Very cool!
Old 5 May 2019, 08:59 (Ref:3901932)   #18
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Scott Dixon will win this year....
Old 6 May 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3902214)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He certainly can, he’s still a top driver
Old 6 May 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3902267)   #20
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
There's no Colombian drivers (Gabby Chaves, Carlos Muñoz, Sebastián Savedra), and just 6 Rookies of the Year (Hélio, Marco, RHR, Hildebrand, Rossi, Alonso).

It's a shame Muñoz isn't in. He's looked very racy at Indy in the past.
Old 6 May 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3902268)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree. He’s done well. Wonder what he is doing instead?
Old 6 May 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3902275)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I agree. He’s done well. Wonder what he is doing instead?
I wouldn't say he's done particularly well. His career has been somewhat sporadic and he hasn't done well, of late.

In his first season in 2013, he finished 2nd at Indy. In his first full season with Andretti Autosport in 2014, he got three podiums, with 3rd places at Long Beach, Houston and Pocono. The following year, he was 1st at Detroit but no other podiums. In 2016 he was 2nd again at Indy and 3rd at Mid-Ohio. 7th at Long Beach was his best result in 2017. He only got three drives in 2018, with 7th place at Indy his best result.
Old 6 May 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3902280)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Could have done better true, but there are worse options out there
Old 6 May 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3902284)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Juncos confirms Kaiser for Indy.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/05...Indy-500-entry
Old 6 May 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3902286)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

Excellent news. Kaiser has a lot of potential.