Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Aug 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1384083)   #1
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Historique 2006

Evenin' All,

Anyone know the dates for next years historic races at le Mans?

Would be very grateful,

Regards,
Mike
Old 16 Aug 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1384117)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No news as yet from the ACO, except that the likelihood is that it will be July again.

Me? Frankly I'm finding it hard to wait!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1384297)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
dont worry Tim, we have many laps of top historic racing elsewhere between now and then! We havent even done Spa yet!!!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1384341)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish they'd put the darned thing back to the original (2002) September slot - I might have a chance of getting to it again then........
Old 17 Aug 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1384559)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say, I loved the September date too. July is just a bit hot. Sadly, I believe they plumped for the midsummer date to maximise the daytime track time.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1384587)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When was the September date? the other possible problem is the number of events in Sept its a bit like May whereas July is not for some reason as busy. Wasnt there some problem with the local residents complaining about the September date? I havent done it but friends who have tell me that although a momentus occassion the night race was scary as levels of talent varied dramatically (I know of one long term Lister driver who retired from racing after it) and on balance didnt give enough to justify the very high entry fee...
Old 17 Aug 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1384704)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
From memory I think it was the weekend of the 20th-22nd. Of course, Goodwood was much earlier in the month that year.

I'm not sure there was an issue with residents per se, but there was a scheduled horsey event at the Hippodrome in 2004 which would have complicated things.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1384717)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

also a week after Spa which isnt ideal as it doesnt leave room for error! Although the Lister man to which I refer I seem to recall the year before going stright from Spa to Le Mans and then his car going out to Macau for the freebie race to celebrate 50 years of Macau - would that be right? Are we talking abt the same event - the one where you get three races one at twilight one at day and one at night?
Old 18 Aug 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1385522)   #9
jph
Rookie

jph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisionally scheduled date for next year is 8/9 July. Too close to 24 hours to make a trip to both domestically acceptable here. Main problem with September date was objections from local traders about disruption to weekend trade caused by road closures (particularly on Mulsanne Straight), which came uncomfortably close to causing event to be cancelled. July is thought to be less disruptive because of coincidence with French holiday season.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1388690)   #10
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that, guys. I know the ACO website has no info, but you can always rely on some inside information here, can't you...