Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3718634)   #26
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, business as usual? I really hope not but the point gap is 30 already. I hope Davies does a double in Aragon but a close race.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3718704)   #27
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
whats worrying is the fact that Sykes can't get near Rea so far . but Melandri can get to Davies.. and that might cost Davies in the long run

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Mar 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3718898)   #28
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
whats worrying is the fact that Sykes can't get near Rea so far . but Melandri can get to Davies.. and that might cost Davies in the long run
Much as I dislike the guy Melandri has shown some good pace in the opening rounds, trouble is he's a missile waiting to go off!
Old 1 Apr 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3723022)   #29
bigbadhenry
Rookie

bigbadhenry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6hrs of Eurosport

6 hrs of Eurosport on Saturday for one race

I'll watch the highlights from now on.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3723190)   #30
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there weren't 6h here . but the racing was rather good
we need DNFs for Rea .. to keep it interesting at the head of the championship

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Apr 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3723245)   #31
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
finally .. Rea was beaten

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Apr 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3724350)   #32
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
finally .. Rea was beaten
Just! It was a close run thing. For a split second, I thought it would be race one all over again.

It's definitely Rea vs Davies and the latter is barely in it in terms of points as things stand. An Aragon double would have been so handy for Chaz. We need more people at the sharp end.

That race two grid gimmick (I mean reshuffle) wasn't needed was it? It hasn't made much difference to date.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3724457)   #33
cg7aa
Veteran

Other Aragon observations:

Mercado was top Aprillia in both races; the Argentine has some talent. I would like to see him in the series full time again.

Krummenacher is yet to gel with the superbike.

I was expecting more from Reiterberger to date; apparently, there is some tension between him and his team.

The choice of Simon for the second Milwaukee Aprillia was shall we say, interesting. I wonder what Westy could have done with the opportunity instead of the Spaniard.

Looking at the results sheets, there are quite a number of single bike entries, not a very healthy state perhaps?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3724459)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Judging by a few things, Milwaukee is not a place I would want to ride

They destroyed Brookes SBK career, Abraham is now working wonders on a GP Ducat after looking sackable last year and Laverty is being beat by a private Aprilia.

It does not look good for Muir's squad.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3724602)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
After Chas threw it away in race 1, it was good to see him finally stop Rea this season. Hopefully we can see Rea beaten more often
Old 15 Apr 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3726739)   #36
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Other Aragon observations:

I was expecting more from Reiterberger to date; apparently, there is some tension between him and his team.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2017...y%20recuperate
Hmmm, he doesn't end up like Max Neukirchner
Old 1 May 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3730439)   #37
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cruel luck for Davies in the first race at Assen, titanic battle up to the point where his bike let him down.
Old 2 May 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3730475)   #38
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
and another 50 points for Rea .. does anybody have doubts?

Ciao Marco
Old 4 May 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3731072)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He is too good for the series. Time for a call from MotoGP?
Old 6 May 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3731448)   #40
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He is too good for the series...

It would appear so. Looks like Chaz is the only one able to challenge and even he and Ducati can't quite mount a consistent challenge. So disappointed with Sykes' form over the last couple of seasons, unable to challenge Rea at all.

We're in for a long season unless Chaz and Ducati can regroup.

Last edited by cg7aa; 6 May 2017 at 10:59.
Old 15 May 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3733667)   #41
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
they can regroup all they want .. still 3 races behind

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3734452)   #42
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
they can regroup all they want .. still 3 races behind
I have been avoiding all superbike news until I had seen the Imola action so I only learned of Hayden's post-Imola cycling accident yesterday. Very saddened and shocked. All the best to Nicky and his family. Life seems so random sometimes.

It might seem a bit churlish to discuss Imola but I wanted to say I thought the racing was pretty good. Kenan's pass on Mahais to take the race lead in Supersport was truly spectacular. Was it me or were both Kawasaki's spinning their rears quite a bit over the crest?
Old 19 May 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3734512)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 20 May 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3734579)   #44
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
It feels so strange for things like this happening to .. riders.
They risk their lives every day on circuits all around the world and then .. **** happens .. and it shouldn't.
Old 20 May 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3734613)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
It feels so strange for things like this happening to .. riders.
They risk their lives every day on circuits all around the world and then .. **** happens .. and it shouldn't.
I know, just doesn't seem right
Old 22 May 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3735337)   #46
cg7aa
Veteran

RIP Nicky. Such a wonderful character, I'll miss his interviews. All this from a cycling accident. Sigh...not fair at all.
Old 26 May 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3736213)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
R.I.P.
Old 28 May 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3736981)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

Thanks to Quest to give those Freeview viewers like me the chance to see the Donny races live, brilliant tributes to Hayden throughout

Davies must be cursing that mistake in the first race, especially with Rea not finishing, he could have been that much closer. But I am more critical of Sykes in the second. Rea could afford to take it steady with his lead, yet didn't, whereas Sykes had more to gain by just going for it in the first laps, yet didn't which raises questions

Haslem had a good run in the first race, shame about second race
Old 7 Jun 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3739131)   #49
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
...brilliant tributes to Hayden throughout... But I am more critical of Sykes in the second. Rea could afford to take it steady with his lead, yet didn't, whereas Sykes had more to gain by just going for it in the first laps, yet didn't which raises questions

Haslem had a good run in the first race, shame about second race
I've given up trying to watch race 2 on the Eurosport player (I think they've taken it down anyway) as it kept freezing towards the end of the supersport race at the same point every time. Utterly tedious.

I do agree about the Hayden tributes. He's sorely missed. I thought race 1 was good. Perhaps it's time for Sykes to consider riding something else in the future to try to find an advantage elsewhere.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3739203)   #50
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rumour is he might be on his way to Yamaha.

he did ride there with Spies moons ago and was soundly thrashed!!