Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Closed Thread

Old 29 May 2007, 04:15 (Ref:1923395)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers mate thanks great job this is my first year in the predictions comp and you are doing a great job in running it, thanks for that.
Old 29 May 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1923989)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you very much, it's a pleasure to run it.
Old 30 May 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1924892)   #28
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see my ten points brought my total from pathetic to the prestigious realm of also-running....bring on Canada....could "maybe better than also-running" be far behind??.....methinks not......

Thanks for tallying Knowlesy it really is an awesome performance for the whole forum!!.
Old 30 May 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1924930)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Knowles' having seen your post in the GP2 thread it acted as an impromptu reminder for me to check the F1 scores, and what ho I find myself joint 2nd regardless I guess of whoever is actually top!?

Very interesting. I reckon i'd have done even better if Webbo had finished as he along with Alonso and Fizzi were 3 of my pre race predictions for top results!

Roll on events in Canada (and I don't mean the first corner.)
Old 11 Jun 2007, 09:56 (Ref:1933721)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Woohoo, only one point in it!
Old 11 Jun 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1933774)   #31
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Website News
It looks like we may have lost all of Sundays posts, we apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
Uh oh, does that mean all of Knowlesy's tabulating and input?

Sorry Knowles. And thanks again for all you do on this Prediction Comp. I wouldn't want to do it, let alone twice.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 14:37 (Ref:1934069)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I am miffed about that.

I'll get round to re-doing it all in good time. I still have the scores here, so that's OK.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1936238)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just to let you all know I'll be reposting the results and updating the standings over the weekend, probably when Le Mans hits dark.

This week is sucking the life out of me, so I can't be bothered right now.

chunterer and ljakse were joint top though, that I do remember.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 08:31 (Ref:1936678)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Just to let you all know I'll be reposting the results and updating the standings over the weekend, probably when Le Mans hits dark.

This week is sucking the life out of me, so I can't be bothered right now.

chunterer and ljakse were joint top though, that I do remember.
Really?!

Yeah, come on!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 02:38 (Ref:1939306)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

OK, updated again. A bad day to do it I guess, given that Hamilton may well win again and cause a server overload!

But yes, chunterer and ljakse are on top, although if it were seasons end ljakse would be favoured due to having a round win (in the last round incidentally). But look at chunterers consistency. Big scores and "podiums" all round almost, and his one low score was good enough for third in the round!

Still all very tight though and all to play for yet. It could be all change this evening.

Round of applause also for this chap, gti5notrkt, who has recorded four straight "podiums" and is breathing down the leaders necks!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 17 Jun 2007 at 02:42.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 00:51 (Ref:1940385)   #36
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
oh bugger! I did my US GP Selection last Sunday, but forgot they would have been lost on the Ten-Tenths meltdown. Damm Damm Damm seeing as I have the top three correct (I'm sure I wouldnt have been the only one).

oh well, more of a challenge now
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:54 (Ref:1941982)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And there we have it. The standings after the US GP are now in place.

Bit more spread out after that race, but a few results can close it up again!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1942039)   #38
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I'm going to be doing an Alonso like comeback
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1942050)   #39
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3 podiums in the last 4 races and still only #43 on the listing.
Damn that early missed round.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1942092)   #40
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep on 'HIS' back chaps and chapesses.

Put 'HIM' under 'very, very,' intense pressure. Give 'HIM' strain.

Check your rear view mirror or 'THE KOWLES' will do 'a Lewis'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we simply cannot have that, can we??????
Old 20 Jun 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1942659)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I am doing a Lewis. I won GP2 predictions last year and lead the way so far in F1. Our careers are perfectly matched (excepting earnings and I am better looking).

However, I am far more liable to crack under pressure.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1942727)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Doh, just saw the updates on page one of the thread!

2 points off the lead - not bad for an up and down last round for me.

My season is going bit like JPM's in 2003: keeping up the scoring and when I hit the right circuit, I score heavily!

Magny Cours next though - don't think i've ever done well there.

However wonder if I might be tempted to stick both Renaults in my top 6 of results, although that place probably doesn't hold any particular advantages to them anymore as engines are supposedly 'turned down'.

Dare I or anyone predict a Ferrari pole or win again anytime soon??!!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1942752)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep, it looks like you will finish behind Ralf in the next round after pitwall shenanigans and hurl abuse at whoever is acting as Ralf.

I'll stop now.

Seriously, getting hitched has slowed you down chuntz!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1943155)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Very good!

Old 21 Jun 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1943258)   #45
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
18th, with a meager 47 points. Talk about scratching your way to the middle, oy! What're the rookie standings, I wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Seriously, getting hitched has slowed you down chuntz!
You got hitched Chunterer? Congratulations.....ballast.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1951430)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Table updated. Lead extended.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1951542)   #47
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had my "Button in Hungary" moment. Let's see how long I can roll with this and remain within shouting distance of the leaders.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1951645)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Rubbsih event for me!

Kovalainen getting punted off by Trulli did for me and I never would've suspected such a strong showing from Kubica on his comeback, nor Button getting a point!!

I'm editing my Silverstone entry!!!
Old 8 Jul 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1957702)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Freshly updated!
Old 8 Jul 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1957748)   #50
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you had to do it, didn't you?