Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Apr 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3235292)   #51
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-in-sportscars

Stuttgart spokesman:
Quote:
"Mark Webber has not signed a contract with Porsche," Porsche's motorport spokesman told Sky Sports Online.

"In 2014 Porsche will return to Le Mans and the Sportscar World Championship WEC in the highest class LMP1. Our ten factory drivers are an excellent basis for our driver line-up. If we will add additional drivers will be decided later this year."
Webber:
Quote:
"Year-by-year [contract extensions], that's how it has always been for me, so come the summer I will talk to Dietrich [Mateschitz] and we'll go from there," Webber confirmed. "We're only at the third race and I have never, ever made decisions about my career at this point in a season and, although it's a topic at the moment, I don't see why I should make any decisions about the future."
Old 16 Apr 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3235309)   #52
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italian magazine Quattroruote reports the news for sure.
I think Mark has signed with Porsche, but I think the most intelligent thing is not confirm the news since now. Till Le Mans 2014 there's a bit of months to wait... and any team would like to unveil its plain so early! But when some voices circulate, is not for a case!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 16 Apr 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3235319)   #53
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There seems to be a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

I would guess there is some sort of intent in place but no signed contract so they can all deny it for a few more weeks till it suits all parties.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3235320)   #54
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect you are right.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3235434)   #55
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he might have signed a pre-contract with a stipulation that it breaks in the unlikely event that he becomes F1 champion this year. Far too early to officially announce. Denials are no surprise.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3235452)   #56
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Keep the smoke coming. Let the mainstream media say those magic words - "WEC", "LMP1", "Le Mans", "sportscars"....

These sorts of articles bring as much publicity for the series as anything else the WEC can throw money at.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3235468)   #57
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's some blogger or twitterer creating an internet scare with a bogus story riding on the wave that the name "Mark Webber" is popular after the team orders fiasco.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3235473)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Keep the smoke coming. Let the mainstream media say those magic words - "WEC", "LMP1", "Le Mans", "sportscars"....

These sorts of articles bring as much publicity for the series as anything else the WEC can throw money at.
Absolutely, the more the merrier, IMO. Whether there is fire to go with this smoke, we shall see. If there isn't, we'll have had fun toying with the idea anyway.....
Old 16 Apr 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3235485)   #59
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It's some blogger or twitterer creating an internet scare with a bogus story riding on the wave that the name "Mark Webber" is popular after the team orders fiasco.
I have been cynical about this rumor, but not that cynical...
Old 16 Apr 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3235489)   #60
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sadly Mr Webber hasnt lived here for a dozen years or more...

He bought a house at Noosa a couple of years ago. He came back here for a surf for a couple of weeks after malaysia..
Old 16 Apr 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3235490)   #61
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Absolutely, the more the merrier, IMO. Whether there is fire to go with this smoke, we shall see. If there isn't, we'll have had fun toying with the idea anyway.....
Exactly! Exposure is never a bad thing, especially when it comes to our beloved type of motorsport. If Mark does tire of the BS that is F1 I could see him giving this a real go.

Here's to gossip!
Old 16 Apr 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3235498)   #62
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I have been cynical about this rumor, but not that cynical...
Yeah, there must be a second tweeter on the grassy knoll.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3235643)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From a fan's page in a Dubai restaurant.. Apparently yesterday...

... Talking about driving together at Ferrari next year..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3235666)   #64
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder whether Lotus would consider approaching Webber if Kimi ends up going to Red Bull. A straight swap to Lotus is the only other seat I could see Mark taking. But that is definitely a saga that will drag.

It would be ironic after all this if it was Vettel who ended up leaving.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3235684)   #65
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Ferrari as in.....AF Corse entry for next years Le Mans, those two and Fisi?

(wakes up)

Back to reality
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:37 (Ref:3235685)   #66
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well we know he is not going to 10 tenths. That's something.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3235686)   #67
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

There were three blokes who apparently went out to dinner yesterday. The third bloke apparently took that picture. Who could this apparent bloke be??
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3235687)   #68
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Vettel?
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3235688)   #69
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Voices give Raikkonen approaching to Red Bull, after the news about Webber has signed for Porsche.
I think things are going to clarify...
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3235690)   #70
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Silly Season has started very early this year.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3235694)   #71
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Well we know he is not going to 10 tenths. That's something.
Not really surprised there, we dont have a budget, nor a car, nor really a team
Old 17 Apr 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3235705)   #72
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Not really surprised there, we dont have a budget, nor a car, nor really a team
Never say never... it maybe only question of time!
It sounds good: 10Tenths Racing Team!
We only have to wait for an alms...
Old 17 Apr 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3235733)   #73
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
There were three blokes who apparently went out to dinner yesterday. The third bloke apparently took that picture. Who could this apparent bloke be??
Romain Dumas
Old 17 Apr 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3235754)   #74
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
It's too high a camera angle for Massa!
Old 17 Apr 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3235778)   #75
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just got my threads mixed up and read that Mark Thatcher has signed for Porsche.

Tags
formula 1, le mans, webber