Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 May 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3978614)   #6076
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah now that makes sense. As would reading the full article
Old 27 May 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3978620)   #6077
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it weren't for the fact that I don't think there will be enough interest yet to take up even 50% of last years activity, that restriction would be very vulnerable to legal challenge.
Old 27 May 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3978621)   #6078
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think that for meetings to take place, the current restrictions on camping and overnight stays will need to be lifted as a lot of people do travel significant distances to race and marshal/officiate.
That also probably requires some advanced cleaning measures to be in place for toilets and shower blocks.
Old 27 May 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3978639)   #6079
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The logistics involved in getting any sport running again is complex, especially when TV and other external agencies are involved.

My first question to any event organisers would be about their plans for medical treatment if required for any participants? What provisions have they made to ensure their event does not place an increased load on NHS facilities in the area, especially as some hospitals are closed to new patients due to COVID-19.

There are also concerns with working and HGV drivers hours if participants are unable to stay near the circuit overnight.
Old 27 May 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3978655)   #6080
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
There are also concerns with working and HGV drivers hours if participants are unable to stay near the circuit overnight.
truck drivers kip in the truck. there's no h&s or covid issues there - those who have taken work in the general haulage sector have been doing this throughout lockdown anyway. it's actually harder for the spanners - i've seen one set of regs that specifically ban people sleeping in shared campers at the circuit. it's maybe more of a headscratcher for test days, but that can be solved by not doing two day tests. again, truckie will run up the previous evening and kip in the cab to be joined by everybody else the next morning.
Old 27 May 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3978670)   #6081
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well horsies can run about a bit next week. Just the officials, drivers and mechanics. Plus medical staff in case of mishaps.

So not massively dissimilar to brum brums - other than speed difference, although I'd personally feel safer in a race car than on a horses back.
Old 27 May 2020, 16:26 (Ref:3978702)   #6082
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Every sport is starting to come back. I think snooker is due back next week. Also footballers are training again and as you say so is horse racing. Now preparations are being made for national motorsport

Also as you say they could learn a bit from horse racing due to quite a few similarities. Either way I do think it will be business as usual before too long. We just have to get over a few hurdles first. I am now looking forward to the return of the BTCC, it should be an exciting season and I am sure worth the wait
Old 27 May 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3978706)   #6083
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally, can't see too many drivers or cars for that matter, jumping over any hurdles!
Old 27 May 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3978710)   #6084
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes that would be a bit of a leap.
Old 27 May 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3978716)   #6085
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although a lame horse requires a lot less people to deal with it than a lame car.
Old 27 May 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3978750)   #6086
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Personally, can't see too many drivers or cars for that matter, jumping over any hurdles!
The Duke Boys in the General Lee have to be clear favourites!
Old 27 May 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3978752)   #6087
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The Duke Boys in the General Lee have to be clear favourites!
There is another contender....

I can see Neal and Plato doing a straight jump, Sutton trying something a bit more spectacular.

Old 28 May 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3978892)   #6088
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC / Stadium Super Trucks crossover confirmed?
Old 28 May 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3978900)   #6089
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
There is another contender....

I can see Neal and Plato doing a straight jump, Sutton trying something a bit more spectacular.

this photo is making me miss the old dingle dell
Old 28 May 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3978914)   #6090
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes that was fun when you would see four wheels off the ground. That John Cleland image was one of the best. A chicane that was fun
Old 28 May 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3978983)   #6091
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Public announcement early next week apparently, after a briefing to the teams from TOCA.
Old 28 May 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3978985)   #6092
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Public announcement early next week apparently, after a briefing to the teams from TOCA.
Shall we start a wild rumours thread about what the announcement could be.
Old 28 May 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3978988)   #6093
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
My best guess would be

a) BTCC going ahead as planned starting in August, with a couple of tests in July
b) No spectators at the track this year
c) The full range of measures to be taken to try and minimise the costs from losing the hospitality side of things
Old 28 May 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3978993)   #6094
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a) Due to social distancing drivers will have to setup their own cars, fit the tyres and repair any damage without assistance.

b) Louise Goodman will be conducting grid walk interviews with the drivers via zoom, sadly the wifi at the circuits won't support it.

c) Tim and David won't be able to commentate from the same commentary box so David will be at Oulton Park whilst Tim is last seen heading for the Donington spark plug.

Last edited by mark_l; 28 May 2020 at 19:22.
Old 28 May 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3979010)   #6095
S griffin
Veteran

And drivers have to push their own car out of the gravel if they can
Old 28 May 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3979013)   #6096
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I still think that for meetings to take place, the current restrictions on camping and overnight stays will need to be lifted as a lot of people do travel significant distances to race and marshal/officiate.
That also probably requires some advanced cleaning measures to be in place for toilets and shower blocks.

I was checking Premier Inn availability for Thruxton towards the end of July and they are taking bookings, so presumably have been tipped to be allowed to open from July, at least. Of course they and Travelodge etc are easier as basically one rarely sees a staff member apart from check-in and that can easily be handled whilst reception is shielded.....
Old 28 May 2020, 23:03 (Ref:3979040)   #6097
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Has anyone else picked up that there's going to be a new BTCC computer game? And it's not an add on to a game like Forza; it'll be bespoke like TOCA was. Matt Neal confirmed it on a video recently. In other news, he also confirmed that he and Plato get on alright these days!
https://www.teamvvv.com/news/british-touring-car-championship-game-set-to-release-in-2021-2022/

Looks like this might actually be a thing, and if the rumours are to be believed you will have your wish and it will be a stand alone game too 😁

In a recent podcast Alan Gow revealed that he is in the final stages of negotiations to produce a new BTCC game that hopefully should be coming out in the next 18 months/ 2 years.

Matt Neal also said in a recent Facebook live feed that rather an add-on for another title, this supposed BTCC game will be a standalone experience.

Simbin are known for making Race07, which contained all tracks and cars from the 2007 WTCC Season and had add on packs for the 2008 and 2010 WTCC & STCC seasons.

Dan Camish visited Simbin studios at the end of last year has been a vocal supporter of getting a new BTCC game to the market. GTR3 is still yet to be released and that was originally scheduled for release in 2018 which was then pushed back to 2019.

Rumour has it that a beta of the new BTCC game could be available to play as early as the end of this year.

If this is the case then I would have thought Simbin would be the frontrunner to develop the game given that the have recent experience of developing touring car games and if they already have a game almost ready to go then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to get this into a working BTCC came by the end of the year.

To bring this back on topic, maybe this Public announcement we are expecting early next week is about the new BTCC game? Have they managed to bring things forward to do some sort of BTCC E-Sports to give us some thing to watch before they go racing again for real at the end of the summer?

I doubt thats the announcement but I can dream 😁
Old 29 May 2020, 06:59 (Ref:3979065)   #6098
S griffin
Veteran

About time we had a proper BTCC game again. Been too long since TOCA. Really hope this happens
Old 29 May 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3979123)   #6099
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Jason Plato swapping seats with Dan Cam.

That's it, sure as eggs!
Old 29 May 2020, 11:32 (Ref:3979125)   #6100
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Seriously though, I fully expect spectator less racing to happen as per Uncle Alan's timetable.

Distancing does NOT have to happen if it cannot as I understand. Certainly NASCAR pitstops with two men on each wheel change, jackman, fueller are all normal.