Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Mar 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3967712)   #101
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://ibb.co/pQYmhz1

Sorry about this one , but I thought I just had to share it .
Old 30 Mar 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3967719)   #102
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
https://ibb.co/pQYmhz1

Sorry about this one , but I thought I just had to share it .
Does that count as Pole Position?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3967791)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Running out of paper may be? Dont worry tel, as we say "on ne choisit pas sa famille"!
Old 31 Mar 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3967828)   #104
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When Jacky Ickx won at Le Mans, who were the co-drivers?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3967837)   #105
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Jackie Oliver, Derek Bell, (3 times?) and Van Lennep. Cant remember who else.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3967846)   #106
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
hmmmm dont know, but I do know who the race team truck driver was.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dad 1968 JWR.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	59106
Old 31 Mar 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3967851)   #107
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was thattt Pete. PJ.Balls.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3967852)   #108
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Jackie Oliver, Derek Bell, (3 times?) and Van Lennep. Cant remember who else.
Two to go!
Old 31 Mar 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3967853)   #109
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You could count Herrmann, he was so close… Oliver , Hobbs and Mike The bike Hailwood! What a guy!
Old 31 Mar 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3967859)   #110
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You could count Herrmann, he was so close… Oliver , Hobbs and Mike The bike Hailwood! What a guy!
Only Oliver is correct there.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3967871)   #111
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worried about running out of toilet rolls while isolating , don,t panic , you can now get a machine to do the job for you .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kMdEh1v0I
Old 1 Apr 2020, 06:55 (Ref:3967967)   #112
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Worried about running out of toilet rolls while isolating , don,t panic , you can now get a machine to do the job for you .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kMdEh1v0I
I've not watched the video but why would anyone want a machine that worries about running out of toilet roll for you?
Old 1 Apr 2020, 08:49 (Ref:3967983)   #113
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've not watched the video but why would anyone want a machine that worries about running out of toilet roll for you?
Ah , slight misunderstanding about the way I wrote it .
The machine " Panics " for you .
Old 1 Apr 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3968004)   #114
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Anyway, a clean job. Just one worry, in principle electricity and water dont go together well…
Old 1 Apr 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3968021)   #115
Kylegibson
Rookie

England
God's County
Kylegibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
board game anyone
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GPOriginals-flying-lap-game.pdf (347.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 1 Apr 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3968046)   #116
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Anyway, a clean job. Just one worry, in principle electricity and water dont go together well…
You are right Gerard , but that looks like a battery powered device , so low voltage & no problem .
Unlike a friend of mine , who peed on an electric cattle fence .Quite funny at the time , & I am sure he has never been the same since .
Old 1 Apr 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3968064)   #117
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
hmmmm dont know, but I do know who the race team truck driver was.
Attachment 59106
Cracking photo Iain
Old 1 Apr 2020, 17:29 (Ref:3968065)   #118
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I understand Tel, sorry to hear that. Ya no, sometimes a spark of intelligence can come out from an unexpected part of your body… Thats what many of us tried to explain to a new girl friend, moons ago!
Old 1 Apr 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3968066)   #119
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've been playing a lot of records recently . . .. if you like the blues . . . . http://mixlr.com/zefarelly/showreel/blues-intro
Old 1 Apr 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3968080)   #120
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've been playing a lot of records recently . . .. if you like the blues . . . . http://mixlr.com/zefarelly/showreel/blues-intro
Sounds like someone peeing on an electric fence.

Only joking Zef Honest,
Old 1 Apr 2020, 18:55 (Ref:3968086)   #121
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now I understand why you get paid to play. Sorry if your tour in France is cancelled. Tout recommencera en chansons.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 00:29 (Ref:3968141)   #122
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Thanks Joe - proper music!
Have never heard that Hendrix version of Can't Quit You Baby before - which album is it on?
Old 2 Apr 2020, 06:42 (Ref:3968164)   #123
Kylegibson
Rookie

England
God's County
Kylegibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please note the date

https://twitter.com/Bristol_Times/st...82254487793664
Old 2 Apr 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3968168)   #124
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Thanks Joe - proper music!
Have never heard that Hendrix version of Can't Quit You Baby before - which album is it on?
Killing floor ? It's from the BBC Radio sessions, originally released as a grey bootleg in the late 80's, same as the Led Zep riverside blues. Both were 'remastered' and some fully mucked about with, in the 90's and formally released, but kind of lost a little purity.

I've got plenty more blues, also plaaning a 60's psych garage set and other stuff.

Sorry, no Glen Miller though Bob

I've been thinking of themes to do, one was food/drink, but 'driving' would be a good one to do.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 08:15 (Ref:3968169)   #125
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Like this one in those circumstances…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYTuPbZwMOM