Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3944566)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Titans RX 2020

Titans RX 2020 calendar now revealed...

...no Lydden next year. Looking at the comments on Facebook I spotted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans RX Official Facebook
We wanted Lydden Hill but they are focused on promoting the national RX championship. We also wanted Knockhill and Mondello Park and both declined.
Aside from the promotion of the British Championship, the spectator numbers didn't seem great last year, so perhaps not worth them having it back?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3944587)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Titans RX 2020 calendar now revealed...

...no Lydden next year. Looking at the comments on Facebook I spotted this:

Aside from the promotion of the British Championship, the spectator numbers didn't seem great last year, so perhaps not worth them having it back?
The spectator numbers weren't great - but the calendar was announced late and it wasn't really promoted very well. Shame not to see it back at Lydden.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3944616)   #3
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the comments it seems like they got a lot of negative replies when asking different venues, two of them being Finnish tracks for example.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 00:53 (Ref:3944646)   #4
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would imagine they are asking for hosting fees

And really theya re in no position to do so.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 05:38 (Ref:3944897)   #5
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
In the comments it seems like they got a lot of negative replies when asking different venues, two of them being Finnish tracks for example.
I'm not surprised. 15 banger cars doesn't make a good rallycross meeting. This needs a decent couple of permanent support series (maybe supernational, s1600 and international Swifts), so that events have 50= permanent entries. Then it'd be a great day as the Titans were really entertaining.
Old 14 Feb 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3957566)   #6
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jussi Pinomäki hadn't seen any TitansRX races, but when talking to Toomas Heikkinen he has only heard good things, the concept is different, actually quite different from anything before in this sport, this year certainly shows a lot in what direction this series is going. He said they also have great tracks, like Portugal and Hungary.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3957947)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Jussi Pinomäki hadn't seen any TitansRX races, but when talking to Toomas Heikkinen he has only heard good things, the concept is different, actually quite different from anything before in this sport, this year certainly shows a lot in what direction this series is going. He said they also have great tracks, like Portugal and Hungary.
Be interesting to see how the series does this year. Must confess that they lost my interest in the second half of the 2019 season, I wonder if they will have similar numbers of cars this year?
Old 21 Feb 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3958958)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but I see All Inkl are backing a Supercar support series to run alongside the Titans. Another option for European Supercar drivers: hopefully we'll see cars running in both Titans and Euros, rather than favouring one over another.
Old 21 Feb 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3958971)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Forgive the double post, but I see All Inkl are backing a Supercar support series to run alongside the Titans. Another option for European Supercar drivers: hopefully we'll see cars running in both Titans and Euros, rather than favouring one over another.
Titans obviously need something to run alongside their spec cars - odd to be a Supercar series though. Why run in Titans if you could run in Supercar? Not sure what the advantages of running one of the Titans spec cars would be? I could see national championships running alongside Titans at their meetings but having a Supercar series running alongside them makes no sense does it? (I could be missing something obvious here!)
Old 21 Feb 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3958989)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Titans obviously need something to run alongside their spec cars - odd to be a Supercar series though.
I think the original plan for Titans was to have a Titans and Supercars, wasn't it? So this is sort of a return to the original vision.

Quote:
Why run in Titans if you could run in Supercar? Not sure what the advantages of running one of the Titans spec cars would be?
Less hassle turning up and jumping in a Titan than running a Supercar? Plus cost? Titans are (supposedly) more affordable...

...though I did hear some numbers mentioned last year that weren't what I would call low budget.

Quote:
I could see national championships running alongside Titans at their meetings but having a Supercar series running alongside them makes no sense does it? (I could be missing something obvious here!)
As enjoyable as the Titans racing was to watch, I think the series needs permanent support to fill the timetable (and attract the punters). If they can get a reasonable Supercar field, plus a local support series (or two) at each round, then they should have enough cars to fill the weekend up.

There were gaps in the timetable at Lydden and, from what I recall, that had more support then most of the rounds. No matter how good the racing is with the Titans, I think the whole thing is a far less attractive prospect for spectators if they have 60+ minute waiting times between each qualifying heat.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 23:06 (Ref:3959273)   #11
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Less hassle turning up and jumping in a Titan than running a Supercar? Plus cost? Titans are (supposedly) more affordable...

...though I did hear some numbers mentioned last year that weren't what I would call low budget.

As enjoyable as the Titans racing was to watch, I think the series needs permanent support to fill the timetable (and attract the punters). If they can get a reasonable Supercar field, plus a local support series (or two) at each round, then they should have enough cars to fill the weekend up.
1 round is €30,000 with full season €180,000. Apparently this is reduced by 40% as they are expecting to have 20 cars at every round. Not exactly what I'd call cheap

Lydden saw the biggest entry list in total by far (43 cars, next biggest was 32). And they only announced the entry about a week in advance and by then everyone checked the weather forecast and saw heavy rain incoming. Getting ~30 permanent cars then being supported by local series will help massively
Old 7 Mar 2020, 20:27 (Ref:3962189)   #12
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The spectator numbers weren't great - but the calendar was announced late and it wasn't really promoted very well. Shame not to see it back at Lydden.
I spoke to Pat Doran at the Titans event he loved it. And meeting Ari
Old 9 Mar 2020, 08:53 (Ref:3962423)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
I spoke to Pat Doran at the Titans event he loved it. And meeting Ari
Sadly the most enjoyable events aren't always the most profitable.

Unless it is because Pat/LHMC want to concentrate on the British Championship, I can't think of any other reason other than financial as to why they wouldn't want it back?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 23:43 (Ref:3963679)   #14
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just seen that the first Titans race in April is being rescheduled due to Coronavirus. With the density of the crowds at the events last year, I'd say it's one of the safest places to be to avoid risk of contagion!!
Old 13 Mar 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3963783)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
With the density of the crowds at the events last year, I'd say it's one of the safest places to be to avoid risk of contagion!!
Ouch!

I see that Titans have deferred their first event in Canada until 2021 as well.