Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3989241)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline View Post
Surely Albon's days in the Red Bull are numbered. He is blaming traffic, but he just needs to be better in the car.

And Newey not wearing a mask on the pit wall.
Ne Nar Ne Nar Ne Nar. Mask police. Is there a screen between them?

There is a little worry about rain, everyone out for a lap early on?
Old 18 Jul 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3989243)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez under pressure. (A slow) lap time deleted.

Doesn't seem to be any rain issues. Hopefully not now otherwise it's all over.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3989245)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will be fun start with all these teammates starting side by side.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:07 (Ref:3989247)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's no touching Mercedes and Hamilton, he's pretty much got this in the bag.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3989256)   #55
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Not expecting much tomorrow. Front 4 Mercedes will build gaps to rest of field, verstappen and eventually mclarens will get by the Ferraris. Hamilton will complain about tires but somehow keep a 3 second gap to bottas the whole time.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3989258)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes in the low 13s and everyone else outside the pink team struggling to break into the 14s.

They have nailed it and everyone else has dropped the ball big time this year.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3989268)   #57
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Am I the only one not b!tching about the Mercedes pace and instead standing in utter admiration?

Hamilton’s qualifying lap 2 weeks in a row looked insane...

....we should be savouring these times and admiring the engineering and driving skills, not saying it’s going to be boring.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3989271)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Hamilton will complain about tires but somehow keep a 3 second gap to bottas the whole time.
For these drivers, who are fully focused on one goal and in the middle of the pursuit of that goal, a drop off in tyre performance is a concern. It’s an intense time for them and more generally their passion, job and life. They want to well at this racing thing. When they communicate to the team it is not always with complete perspective - they don’t have time and want to be heard. They can be forgiven for a bit of hyperbole.

In some ways it’s similar to when a fan who is fully focused on sitting on a coach and fully focused on listening to the onboard gets annoyed about a driver whinging. In other ways it’s very different.

Old 18 Jul 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3989273)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Am I the only one not b!tching about the Mercedes pace and instead standing in utter admiration?

Hamilton’s qualifying lap 2 weeks in a row looked insane...

....we should be savouring these times and admiring the engineering and driving skills, not saying it’s going to be boring.
I am just glad it is a once in a generation super talent like Hamilton who is in the Mercedes. He makes a car dance, always has done. I could watch him all day and he finds new ways to surprise.

If it was Vettel or someone I would probably be somewhat less impressed.

In the same vein, Mercedes are just incredible. How do you maintain that drive and determination to improve every year? They have raised the bar considerably higher than I thought possible yet again.

If you don't like either it must be pretty galling to see what has happened.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3989275)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
For these drivers, who are fully focused on one goal and in the middle of the pursuit of that goal, a drop off in tyre performance is a concern. It’s an intense time for them and more generally their passion, job and life. They want to well at this racing thing. When they communicate to the team it is not always with complete perspective - they don’t have time and want to be heard. They can be forgiven for a bit of hyperbole.

In some ways it’s similar to when a fan who is fully focused on sitting on a coach and fully focused on listening to the onboard gets annoyed about a driver whinging. In other ways it’s very different.

I am always amazed how wound up people get by radio comms. It is a high stress situation in a red hot car, the drivers use the radio to vent sometimes or they might need to get a message across urgently between corners and are a bit abrupt about it.

The guys on the other end of the radio seem to understand this and not get upset but some fans go nuts.

Once they get out of the car they show a bit more perspective and calm. This happens everytime.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3989279)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well Mercedes engines did rather well, first 4 places on the grid and Williams doing rather well.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3989280)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to Lance stroll, never thought i would be saying that.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 19:15 (Ref:3989283)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He’s been close to Perez. Especially in Q. I’m not sure Perez is the greatest qualifier, but Stroll is doing OK there.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 21:09 (Ref:3989304)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So it’s official then Adrian Newey is an Android. That can be the only explanation for him being the only person in the pit road not wearing a mask ..../
Watching the LM Cup coverage live today they showed Nic Lapierre in the pitlane without a mask. a minute later Eduardo Freitas came on the radio reminding everyone that the wearing of masks in the pitlane is mandatory......
Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:19 (Ref:3989406)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Mercedes 1-2-3-4. The two black ones, then the two pink ones next. Good on Stroll on outqualifying Checo, shows he can produce good performances when he has a quick car. Ferrari bit closer to the pace this time

Well done on both Williams getting through to Q2. Then again Russell came close to doing it here last season, so obviously the circuit suits their type of car, just more improved this time

Bad qualifying for RBR. Max only 7th and Alex down in 13th. At least Alex is questioning their strategy, shows he is eager to make improvements
Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3989410)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
This is the most uncompetitive Red Bull have been since they came into the sport I think?

Strange retort from Max about Russell's defence of Albon?

Too many 'experts' jumping on Alex's back about performance. It's clear the car is a pig but we know Alex is a much better racer than qualifier which at the end of the day is what matters.

I think the team know full well there is a car issue and will want to focus on that before mucking about with driver changes again.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3989411)   #67
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Strange puffs of smoke coming from the Merc engines in all cars...

Seem to recall Ferrari engines doing similar last year??

Could be totally unconnected but it has certainly got me wondering...
Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3989413)   #68
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wolff has suggested a likely cause which will be investigated further between now and the next race, the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

"You can see that when the oil tank is filled up at the beginning, we seem to have an issue that oil gets out of the chassis,” remarked Wolff.

“We don’t know where that comes from. It seems to be that when we fill it up to the top we aren't in control of how much escapes at the beginning.

“We have seen it on all the Mercedes engines and it’s something that we need to understand. It’s not a reliability issue, which I’m glad that it isn’t. At Silverstone, I can tell you what it is because at the moment we don't know."

https://www.gpfans.com/amp/article.php?id=54573
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3989425)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just a minor inconvenience, nothing to panic about. I am sure they will find the problem without causing another problem. They will make sure no additional problems are caused by any modifications

And yes, I too found Max’s comments strange. I could understand if Russell has criticised Albon and/or RBR, but he actually stood up for Alex. And after outqualifying him, I would suggest George’s focus is very much on his driving
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3989444)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I suppose Max was trying to defend the team, but in doing so just ended up hurting Albon.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...mment-on-albon
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3989456)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Max is absolutely rattled.

George: "We've had our best qualifying session yet and my mate is better than he looks st the moment, by the way".

Max: "CONCENTRATE ON YOUR CAR!"
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3989467)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Max has done a DC!
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3989470)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
They can change the front wing for something more suitable for the conditions.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3989472)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Max has done a DC!
Oops. They've got about 5 minutes to fix it.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3989473)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Max needs to focus on his own car.

Amazing job to get that fixed in time. Blimey.