Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Apr 2003, 09:30 (Ref:559835)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Revised Courage-Peugeot testing

http://www.maisonblanche.co.uk/n030405a.html

It would seem as if de Cortanze has abondon the rear wing endplates and gone for the full width rear wing. I thought his idea last year of adding the two extra winglets on the sides in the race was somewhat messing and proabably didn't help the idea of the endplates themselves.

The nose looks somewhat more pointed and the cooling looks less GT1 Toyota.

I know that Henri has lost a couple of sponsors and has managed to hold on to Peugeot money which, sadly, means a Peugeot engine as well. The machine looks good, a complete aero depature of the C60 that the machine orignally was.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 09:40 (Ref:559843)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
You're too fast for me ! The Evo looks sharper than last year indeed, good looking for me, the sponsors are still missing, I hope Pesca will have a real good car this year, at least to beat the 3'36 on one lap...
Old 6 Apr 2003, 10:39 (Ref:559869)   #3
courage
Rookie

courage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.maisonblanche.co.uk/n030214.html
You may know that they have already tested new endplates a few weeks ago... Now they understand the car's reactions so I hope they'll be performant at le mans...
Old 6 Apr 2003, 14:26 (Ref:559978)   #4
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Actually the rear wing isn't new. It was run in this configuration at the Spa FIASCC event last year (bottom image on page):

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/couragec60-02-1.html

The front end is the same as last year, the only change being the revised air management for the front diffuser with it being routed out the side of the car via a pontoon exit ala Audi or Bentley.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 16:12 (Ref:566478)   #5
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one difference on the front end: they've moved the brake cooling ducts inboard to that area right under the "nose". Maybe there's a little higher air pressure there.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 21:14 (Ref:566730)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Pictures that Courage posted show that they are now experimenting with "True" endplates...

Maybe Mulsannes Mike can address this better, but it is my understanding that for the extended endplates to be truly effective, they must be on the "end" of the wing....this reduces or eliminates turbulence on the ends of the wings themselves and also makes the entire wing more downforce efficient with less drag...air channels more efficently over and around the rear wing and thus improves the downforce...

If you look at pictures from last year's Le Mans race, Pescarolo's extensions were not on the end of the wing...they looked to be about 6 inches inside of it...and thus defeated one of the purposes of the endplates...eliminating or reducing the air turbulence on the ends of the rear wing...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 12 Apr 2003, 11:27 (Ref:567162)   #7
courage
Rookie

a photo of estoril in FIA SCC
It looks original....
Old 12 Apr 2003, 14:07 (Ref:567243)   #8
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courage C60 Evo - Pole Position at Estoril
Old 12 Apr 2003, 14:35 (Ref:567257)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by courage
a photo of estoril in FIA SCC
It looks original....
I'm certainly not objective here but I like it...

Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
Courage C60 Evo - Pole Position at Estoril
BTW, where the heck did you find the news ? Have you an URL to give to get the grid and follow the race ?

Last edited by Fab; 12 Apr 2003 at 14:56.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 16:19 (Ref:567319)   #10
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
BTW, where the heck did you find the news ? Have you an URL to give to get the grid and follow the race ?
I´m portuguese and I have friends at Estoril I just know the qualifying results, no times yet.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 18:15 (Ref:567389)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I´m portuguese and I have friends at Estoril I just know the qualifying results, no times yet.
SFonseca, you're valuable !
Old 12 Apr 2003, 18:38 (Ref:567410)   #12
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That car now looks super cool....I like that new shade of green.....
Old 12 Apr 2003, 18:55 (Ref:567426)   #13
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
SFonseca, you're valuable !
Thanks...!!!

I'm worry, Pescarolo hasn't many sponsors...
Old 12 Apr 2003, 19:23 (Ref:567448)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe he has only a deal with main sponsors for Le Mans.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 19:39 (Ref:567468)   #15
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
I heard in Barcelona that he has some sponsorship troubles.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 20:32 (Ref:567537)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Does he have factory support from Peugeot?
Old 12 Apr 2003, 20:42 (Ref:567553)   #17
courage
Rookie

YES AND NO... In fact pesca uses the PSA V6 but this engine isn't prepared by Peugeot. The factory gives money to pesca (usual sponsorship) and the team pays Sodemo to have evolutions...
That's why they have so many problems they have to pay for the engines
But I'm sure they'll be good at LE MANS (as fab I'm french so I'm not objective you know)
Old 12 Apr 2003, 20:51 (Ref:567563)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by courage
YES AND NO... In fact pesca uses the PSA V6 but this engine isn't prepared by Peugeot. The factory gives money to pesca (usual sponsorship) and the team pays Sodemo to have evolutions...
That's why they have so many problems they have to pay for the engines
But I'm sure they'll be good at LE MANS (as fab I'm french so I'm not objective you know)
?????
You says Peugeot is paying Pescarolo and Pescarolo is paying Sodemo? How can they have a problem?

Isn't Sodemo not the same for Renault what AMG is for Mercedes?
Old 12 Apr 2003, 21:03 (Ref:567576)   #19
courage
Rookie

The problem is that usually when you have the support of a factory, this factory gives you engines AND money,and they work hard on the engine not to be ridiculised...
Peugeot is in rally,is only interested by rally and doesn't work directly on the engine
Sodemo isn't as AMG a semi official road cars and race cars preparator it's a private compagny working only in competition and only in the engines...( from peugeot ,renault, etc...)
Old 12 Apr 2003, 21:31 (Ref:567595)   #20
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Sodemo is like Ilmor or AER...etc?
Old 12 Apr 2003, 22:48 (Ref:567696)   #21
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Have a look at this shot on Tim Crete's site:

http://www.fastdetails.com/events/pi...oril_03_09.jpg

Clearly the front fenders are slightly harder, less rounded, especially the fender crease near the headlights.

Compare to this from last year:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/couragec60-02-2.html
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:15 (Ref:567909)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by RacingManiac
So Sodemo is like Ilmor or AER...etc?
Sodemo prepares Peugeot engines exclusively. At my knowing, Sodemo is owned by Peugeot...
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:19 (Ref:567912)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I'm worry, Pescarolo hasn't many sponsors...
Pesca lost his main sponsor, Terreal. But he recovered another one which I don't know, Esa (see URL done by MulsanneMike above) on the front of the car... not a rich team, anyway...
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:22 (Ref:567914)   #24
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.net/fiascc...fiasccqrpt.htm

Looks like the endplates are back on the rear with diveplanes on the nose, in a very wet and dark event. Got the pole, good for them.

I read once that the objective of this project for Peugeot was not to win Le Mans (they have been there, done that), but to get a car on the podium. At least that is what a PR once said.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 10:19 (Ref:567988)   #25
courage
Rookie

Quote:
Sodemo prepares Peugeot engines exclusively. At my knowing, Sodemo is owned by Peugeot...
Fab you're wrong!!!
Sodemo isn't part of Peugeot, and they preapare engines for Renault(f3) Nissan, prodrive...
the official site