Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 27 Jan 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2821447)   #1
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ORIGINAL DONINGTON STICKER .

Pictured is an original DONINGTON PARK sticker. These were made in readiness for the circuit re-opening in 1976. As everyone knows, this did not happen. The track was re-opened in 1977.So I guess these stickers, of which I have just five, new and unused are quite unusual. They are the genuine article, as my company had them made on Tom's instructions. I would like them to go to a good home, maybe a serious collection. So, perhaps the powers that be, i/c this website, could advise me as to who may be interested? If indeed anyone is.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
ORIGINAL DONINGTON STICKER.jpg  
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2821499)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
maybe the donington museum would be interested if they dont have one already?
Old 27 Jan 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2821524)   #3
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers. I hasten to add they're free of course.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2821545)   #4
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gerry im doing my mini in the black with shell sport livery of pete baldwins mini of mid 70s as my car as the same body moulds as his did it will be a very good copy im hoping he will be racing the car this year and 2 of these would look great on the car!!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2822180)   #5
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
gerry im doing my mini in the black with shell sport livery of pete baldwins mini of mid 70s as my car as the same body moulds as his did it will be a very good copy im hoping he will be racing the car this year and 2 of these would look great on the car!!
Andy, they're yours. Just pm me and tell me where to send them.
Be Lucky!
Gerry.
ps I have several original "SWISH" Racing Team stickers too, I'll pop them in for you.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2822204)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Gerry keep 17th/18th June free and I will guarantee you a pair of tickets for the CTCRC Historic Festival at Mallory. Hopefully you will get to see Andy's Mini complete with stickers and many other memory provoking sights (and a few racing Angleboxes) as we have a great weekend planned not just Historic cars but Alfas and Historic Motorcycles as well.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2822227)   #7
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers jerry pm sent
Old 29 Jan 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2822245)   #8
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Back To Mallory! Yippee!

Hi Al, Hi Andy. I would love to come along to Mallory and will keep both dates free. As and when you get ticket/s can you mail them to me, as the gate staff WILL NOT hand over envelopes with tickets in any more.
Thank you so much both of you, most kind.
Gerry.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2822252)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Will do Gerry.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2822268)   #10
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Another sticker from the 1970s

Just found this NOEL EDMONDS sticker in my old racing stuff. Brings back a few memories I hope.
Attached Thumbnails
Noel Edmonds.jpg  
Old 2 Feb 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2824716)   #11
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

ELF DECALS

Way back in the seventies we were issued with these decals to put on the cars.
Now I can't remember why, or what for? I can't find any race sheets reference ELF Petrolium, but I do remember being given them. Maybe in some old photograph I may see them on the car.
This is what they looked like. There are four of them, all different sizes. If anyone would like them, free of course, let me know. If not they'll be put back in the vault.
Attached Thumbnails
ELF DECALS.jpg   ELF DECALS 001.jpg   ELF DECALS 002.jpg  

Old 3 Feb 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2824973)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love these old stickers. Might have to get my little collection out; haven't looked at them for a while. I might even take some pics if any are standout/iconic!
Old 3 Feb 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2824980)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Guys I often get asked to reproduce stuff on historic race cars but looking at some poor quality photo of the car going past at a hundred mile per hour it is sometimes impossible. But from an original or a good scan of an original (I have a massive scanner here) its possible to reproduce something of reasonable quality. Once the sticker is applied and no longer flat its a whole different ball game.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2825001)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
brings back memories of going to Racing Car show as a kid collecting stickers and then putting them on the tuckbox I now keep all my race programmes in - it has a Swish sticker amongst them.
Do you remember Marlboro used to do a sticker for each GP and you could collect them?! The other unusual ones I recall are de Cad's race sticker, obviously Hesketh and Richard Grant Accessories (mainly because Rich is a very old family friend and used to give us tickets each year!!
Old 3 Feb 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2825265)   #15
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
received to day thanks Gerry much appreciated
Old 5 Feb 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2826267)   #16
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Guys I often get asked to reproduce stuff on historic race cars but looking at some poor quality photo of the car going past at a hundred mile per hour it is sometimes impossible. But from an original or a good scan of an original (I have a massive scanner here) its possible to reproduce something of reasonable quality. Once the sticker is applied and no longer flat its a whole different ball game.
Hi Al, If you would like some of them, I could bring them to Mallory Park. Let me know matey.
Gerry
Old 7 Feb 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2827499)   #17
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
brings back memories of going to Racing Car show as a kid collecting stickers and then putting them on the tuckbox I now keep all my race programmes in - it has a Swish sticker amongst them.
Do you remember Marlboro used to do a sticker for each GP and you could collect them?! The other unusual ones I recall are de Cad's race sticker, obviously Hesketh and Richard Grant Accessories (mainly because Rich is a very old family friend and used to give us tickets each year!!
So your the fan I had!