Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Oct 2001, 11:55 (Ref:157416)   #1
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Alan Hyde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you to The Ten-Tenths Mega Support Division!

Hello, Ten-Tenths Mega Support Division!

This is a massive personal thank you to all of you that were giving your unique support to the final BTCC round at Brands on Sunday.....

YOU ARE MEGA!

Thank you so much. So often I ask drivers about how much the support from the crowd helps them before/during/after a race, and I don't suppose I ever really fully understood their answers when they say it makes a massive difference. I fully understand now!

I don't know if any of you knew, but I have spent the last couple of weeks suffering from full on flu, laryngitis and bronchitis. The last thing that anyone wanted was the downpour that we got at Brands yesterday, but from my point of view, it also made me feel jolly poorly!

The support that you lot gave was truly stunning, and really did provide me with the lift to press on! The final award presentation of the day was stunning! In fact, I got completely choked!

All I wanted to say is that you are fantastic supporters of the championship, the drivers, and of us talky people, and I appreciate it very much.

Thank you so much to everyone.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 12:07 (Ref:157421)   #2
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ITS ALAN HYDE......

thanks for the great commentry over the year.

Roll on 2002......
Old 8 Oct 2001, 13:09 (Ref:157452)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
alan, it wouldn't be the same without you

i haven't got a bloody clue how we managed to stand there in the pouring rain and be cheerful, let alone you people who actually have to do jobs out there.

oh, cracking music at the toca party, btw
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:15 (Ref:157474)   #4
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Thanks Also

I would like to say a few words also.
Yes, a big thanks to all of you die hard ten-tenthers that supported me through the season. It was always nice to see you and the waving kanga's in the corner of my eye as I dropped down Paddock Hill during qualifying and at all the other strategic corners on tracks around the country.
The blow up kanga's at least made a showing, pitty it wasn't done at the start of the season as there would be surely a lot more of them by now? I guess we all have Rachel to thank for them and my sister.

I had a lot of people wondering what the ten-tenths website was on the back of my car so that has done some good driving some traffic.
I'll send you the invoice Craig! £10,000 haha

UK motorsport owes a big thanks to you all for your devoted support of the series and drivers in TOCA. I don't think the organisers realise how important you all are.

The visit to your campsite on Saturday night hit home to me what a great bunch of people you are who are prepared to go to any lengths to go motor racing.
I hope to see you all again next season in some form or the other?

Mr Alan Hyde! It's been a pleasure to know you this year. Many thanks for your race commentary. I had the pleasure of listening to a taped copy of Silverstone to actually hear what you say about me during a race. I can tell you that your voice has echoed around many homes back in Australia of those that support me back there. Also around the UK and even in America!
TOCA radio on the internet is a fantastic idea and I hope it continues next year.
I'm sorry I didn't get to the podium at Brands, but I'm sure everyone knows why now so I won't go into it. As it was raining and you were ill anyway, you were going to get a soaking with Champane!! :-) Oh well, there will be another time! haha

Thanks again for everything everyone!

Hyla Breese
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:32 (Ref:157482)   #5
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Big Thanks Also

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyla Breese
I can tell you that your voice has echoed around many homes back in Australia of those that support me back there. Also around the UK and even in America!
TOCA radio on the internet is a fantastic idea and I hope it continues next year.
I agree, its phenomenal, especially for me, because I live in the U.S., so other than buying review videos, its the only way I can see or hear the racing! Very informative, and exciting commentary. I will try to listen to every race next year on TOCA radio. Thanks for doing it, Alan. I also listened to the interviews. Very interesting, especially the one with John-B&Q at Oulton Park. Thanks again.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:59 (Ref:157493)   #6
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Thank you to The Ten-Tenths Mega Support Division!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Hyde

Thank you so much. So often I ask drivers about how much the support from the crowd helps them before/during/after a race, and I don't suppose I ever really fully understood their answers when they say it makes a massive difference. I fully understand now!
When you're standing in the pouring rain, soaked to the skin and trying to remember why it is you go to motor races when it can be like that, it's a hell of a help to get something back from the commentary. Thanks to Alan, thanks to Dan Eaves, thanks even to Ian Titchmarsh in his lovely warm commentary box for giving us a wave, it's really appreciated from this side of the fencing.
Roll on Easter 2002. Actually, forget that, roll on the Formula Ford festival!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 15:08 (Ref:157497)   #7
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good job u have done MR HYDE u r well known world wide NOW.

Its been nice 2 have seen u at Donny this season.

ROLL ON 2002
Old 8 Oct 2001, 17:15 (Ref:157538)   #8
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALAN!!!!!!
What can I say......without your support this year I may have given up the unequal struggle!! You are truly the only person who would be able to fill the recently vacated boots of a certain Mr Walker!! You have been a great friend to all of the teams, drivers, fans, and the most unusual thing of all is that, even in this strange world that is motorsport, I have never ever heard anyone who has anything but nice things to say about you. You are the nicest bloke I've met in the sport and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that Touring cars would NOT be the same without you! Have a good winter (I'm sure I'll see you soon) and lets look forward to an even better 2002!
PS Sorry I was somewhat out of it at the party on Sunday!!! Think it must have been too many bubbles! Now I am composing my thoughts about all the wonderful fans and I'll post again when I can really explain how great every one has made the year for me.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 17:36 (Ref:157544)   #9
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, you sweetie! We all have enjoyed this season so much and you truly are the voice of TOCA radio. That weather was awful yesterday and we really felt for you being totally soaked through having to keep chatting away.

Looking forward to next year!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 17:57 (Ref:157560)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Alan, as I said this afternoon... the pleasure really has been all ours! You, along with John, Hyla & the famous roos (!) and all the other wonderful people who put so much effort into a brand new series (and the whole of the TOCATour package) - the thanks should go to you.

I think the build up to the final race yesterday afternoon (evening) really demonstrated this point... the sight of John B&Q, Annie Templeton and Paul O'Neil doing the can-can in pitlane will live on in my memory for a very long time. Unfortunately, so will seeing Mr B&Q running along the start finish straight in his boxer shorts, but that's another story for another time...!

Despite the domination of the touring class by Vauxhall, and the shrinking number of competitors in the production class, 2001 really was for me the best yet... and it wouldn't have been the same without you all.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:08 (Ref:157572)   #11
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it should really be us saying thanks to Alan, John and everyone else who has made this season very special.
Alan, I really thought you would have been hiding in embarassment, your face when you walked up to us all in the pitlane was an absolute picture - thanks ever so much for putting the trophy presentation on Radio TOCA
Sorry I didn't stick around at the end of the day, I was very conscious of the length of drive I had to get home, even leaving when I did, it was midnight when I got home.
Is this season really over
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:26 (Ref:157588)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Have to disagree with you there John. We couldn't possibily have Alan replace Murray. That would mean we'd lose him.

One the subject of thanks, thanks to John, Nick, Jo and all at Team B&Q for putting up with the rowdiest, drunkest, noisiest bunch of freeloaders, sorry I mean fans, in motorsport. And of course to Alan and Ian Titchmarsh (who had his own introduction to our special brand of madness) for such sterling work all season.

I should add Paul, Annie, Tom B, James Levy, Dave Allan, Simon Harrison, Jane and Kerry from Jardine, Richard West, Fergus Brennan, Matt Feeney and countless other people, all of whom have helped make this a truly memorable season.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:29 (Ref:157590)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alan, did you actually manage a reasonably sensible interview before the trophy presentation got underway.

Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:10 (Ref:157630)   #14
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Invader becomes emotional and has to open a bottle of wine.

Cheers guys...I shall drink to 2002...onwards and upwards
Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:17 (Ref:157637)   #15
Carrie
Veteran

WooooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:56 (Ref:157680)   #16
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If next year is anything like this year I am going to enjoy it immensely.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 21:46 (Ref:157788)   #17
Schoey
Rookie

Schoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top season! Thanks to everybody, everywhere for being special.

Keep the faith, and roll on 2002!

(Anybody know the way home? I appear to be a little lost!)
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:06 (Ref:157796)   #18
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not the only one getting emotional Invader - I may have to find solace in a large bottle of something.

I'd like to add my hearfelt thanks and appreciation to everyone mentioned above for making it such a fantastic and memorable season. Thanks also to the 10-10ths regulars for being such a great bunch
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:33 (Ref:157808)   #19
Lorna
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Schoey
Keep the faith, and roll on 2002!
Wahey! Words from one of the 100% attendance record blokeys!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:56 (Ref:157818)   #20
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, Bless.

It wouldn't be the same without any of you.
I know on Sunday that it had gone past the point of caring for many of us. we were wet. we were so wet it was going to be hard to get MUCH wetter, we were somewhere we loved, watching something we loved, and we just were going that extra bit furter to enjoy ourselves, i think!
- rent a mob - i think bella calls it!
the fact that John, Annie and Paul were doing the can can opposite us and we tried to mirror them, did give it that extra bizarre touch. mind you its a bit more difficult on a hill of mud!
missing you all already.
Ps. hope you feel better soon Alan.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 10:59 (Ref:157951)   #21
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Well, there are no words in existence that can sum up this season of motorsport for me.. They just haven't been invented yet.. This was the year when my life was totally taken over by motorsport. If I actually wasn't racing myself, I was watching it, or talking about it, or reading/writing about it!

I can only echo the sentiments of everyone who has posted on this and other threads so far - thank you very much all who have made this season what it was.

From the outside, the sofa position if you will, the racing might have looked different to years gone by, perhaps a tad boring to some - but I think this year has been quite amazing in terms of what has been accomplished by everyone involved.

Big thanks must go to John and Alan - they really have made the races worth coming to! John, you can't retire now! Imagine what you can do in another year?

Alan, fancy doing some commentating on Mini racing this weekend?!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:02 (Ref:157952)   #22
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes folks,
I'd like to add my chorus of thanks.
I know I betrayed you all by racing abroad this year, and believe me I missed you all. Including Alan who's fame (infamy) is going global.
On that note, I'd like to apologise to the small Italian female pit-lane commentator at Misano, who collared me as I exited my smashed V6 and asked my what had happened in her best Italian. I doubt she will ever understand my retort of "Bring back Alan Hyde" as I stomped off to the Clerk of the Course...
You are a dedicated bunch and I am gobsmacked by the level of support I get whenever I am in a UK paddock.
To repay this, I will, as ever, let you know all my news first: And on this note, I'd like to let you know that at this time it looks 90% likely I will be out in the UK next year...
In the meantime, I know a few of you will be joining me at the Snetterton Charity day for a passenger ride in the V6, those of you who heard it fired up at the TOCA meets it attended with Mark Fish will know quite what an awesome experience that is likely to be...
I'd like to extend that invitation to Alan and Mr B&Q (who I hear may be there anyway and thus have no excuse...) because it would be good to see you both in the garage.
Cheers once again
RickP
Old 9 Oct 2001, 13:18 (Ref:158028)   #23
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Alan Hyde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow!

You know - I didn't really expect any replies to this thread - so as I have, and you have all taken the time and trouble to reply, so will I!

Mr TTraces: Thank you! I will pass your words onto Ian and the other guys that have been on the team this year – very much appreciated!

bella: You smoothie you! It would be the same; it would just not be so gobby! Glad you enjoyed the music at the TOCA party - similar performances can be seen at The Selsdon Park Hotel throughout the jolly Christmas Party month of December!

Hyla: To have the support of you and other top drivers means a great deal to us lot, and we thank you for it. I think TOCA Radio Web is likely to remain for next year, so let the parents know that sleepless nights may once again prevail! Big shame you weren't on the podium for the final race - you drove a fabulous race in awful conditions.

Radisichrox: Thank you for taking the time and trouble to listen to the archived interviews - much appreciated! And great that you can follow the series live over in the States.......Paul Radisich was the last guy to have the same make, model and colour of road car in the BTCC paddock as I now have, by the way!

Paul Rayner: Titch was really tickled by you lot - he has been involved in the sport for long enough to know what it's like to be standing out in it, and was dead impressed by your spirit! Thanks for your words throughout the year....

pb btcc: The chap with a handle that is almost impossible to say quickly! Try it! It was great to have seen you at Donington as well - you are a great supporter and a very well informed one as well! And it’s always nice to get a message from you!

John B&Q: Sorry, John......I did a Paul O'Neill (another chap you deserves praise and thanks) when I started reading what you have written here - not sure I can read it all at this stage... I don't know what to say.....I'm just one of the blokes that talks, it's the drivers and the teams that make the championship, and guys like you who bring in a spirit which I have never known before. Thank you.

Lorna: Same to you! I wish I was the "voice" at the moment - it ain't even a squeak right now - zero on the voice box front, I'm afraid! Did your tee shirt get wet, incidentally?

Criag: You are responsible for an awful lot here, and you know it! Thank you for your support, and for bringing your talents into the public domain in support of the championship.

Carrie: You are welcome for the presentation - it was well worth doing thanks to you bunch of noisy people! Again, a person who brings talent to the public domain from the championship, with some fabulous photography - AND has to travel a million miles to most of the circuits!

redshoes: Thank you for wanting to keep me! (That sounded like Casper!) Yet another major talented person, who runs an extremely well informed site which is always bang up to date, and has a voice that should be on National Radio and a wit to match!

Invader: Keeping up the true tradition of the Ten-Tenths possee, and chilling with a bevvy!

Les: Thank you for being my major source of cheery smiles, information, gossip, and Maxi Jazz albums!

Schoey: My main man. Period. Webby bloke who doesn't mind waiting for cheques!

Maisie: Thank you for all of your nice words (I have seen them on other threads as well!), and I can only agree with what you say about this bunch!

BAR Babe: Great support, great hugs, and an amazing ability to turn a blind ear to filthy things that I might say when I forget that there are ladies present! Thank you......!

Chris Y: How much I would love to come to Snet and take you up on the offer! I haven't seen them for oh too long, but I have my penultimate meeting of the year to do at Rockingham - The BARC Classic meeting.......should be quite interesting actually, Chris - I haven't seen the championships all year!

RickP:Clio51: It's a scary concept actually - Global Gob is not something that should be encouraged! Yeah, but I bet the pit lane dolly was far nicer to look at than yours truly - answer in the affirmative, or I will worry a lot! Cheers, Rick, for your support, and it would be nice to see you back over here next year, that's for sure! It is just possible that I will be able to take you up on your very kind invitation to Snetterton – I have been invited for the last three years and have never been free, as it has clashed with the Network Q Rally – what is the date this year?

And finally.................where the heck is WOODY?????? My Number 1 Stalker should be here! Tracey is wonderful, so thanks for everything, as always.

To everyone, thank you for such kind words, great support, and most of all, for being you!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:02 (Ref:158159)   #24
Lorna
Veteran

I am sure Woody will be on here to voice her opinions on you Al!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:07 (Ref:158161)   #25
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gossip - what me - never!!!

I suppose you already know who is trying to buy two of the Astras????