Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jan 2001, 13:44 (Ref:60413)   #1
Stewart.Felstead
Rookie

Stewart.Felstead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After following the sport for a good few years, I am in a position to buy a car and have a go for myself. Theres only one problem - I cannot find any information about how to get started. I know I need a license and I know I'm going to need some training, but does anyone have any information, contact numbers or web sites that can actually get me started.

Thanks in advance
Stewart

Stewart.Felstead@oracle.com
Old 26 Jan 2001, 14:29 (Ref:60419)   #2
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, apologies in advance for the URL posting, but for information about getting started, there's a good page from the BRSCC here

Also the RAC MSA site has some good information, and also has downloadable application forms for the 'go racing packs'. Their site is here.

The pack will tell you everything you need to know - after that you'll need a medical form signed by your GP, and you'll need to take an ARDS driving test, but get the pack first.

I've only just recently got my licence, so I'm in a good position to answer any questions you have if you want to email or PM (Private Message) me..

On the subject of cars, Rick Pearson has a very good Renault 5 turbo for sale - have a look in the racers forum
Old 26 Jan 2001, 16:23 (Ref:60438)   #3
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your ARDS video package costs about forty quid and you can get that from the MSA call them on 01753681736 - the actual test will set you back about £150 , and expect to pay about £60 for your medical at your local GP , if you decide to start via Sprinting and Hillclimbing it'll cost you twenty quid for your lic. - no test and no medical. Then it's gonna cost you a fair few bob for some overalls etc and a helmet probably the best part of £500 . If you have any money left then u can start thinking about a car . You mention training , I should say it's a good idea to do a driving day at the circuit that you ultimately want to do your ARDS test at , just so u r a little more familiar with the circuit. Good Luck - and dont hesitate to ask more questions - there are plenty of good people who'll give you sound advice in this forum.
ps Welcome aboard !