Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1671538)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Victoria Climax

Does anyone have any information on a late 1950's sports racer called the Victoria Climax?
I saw it race once at a Silverstone clubbie driven by Cedric Brierly, who I believe may have been the constructor.

This just out of interest and is not part of any grand design.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1672063)   #2
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see http://www.rochdale-owners-club.co.uk/typef.htm
Old 3 Aug 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1672139)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks James, very interesting, what an amazing forum this is!
There is always someone who knows the answers.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1676876)   #4
RAP
Racer

RAP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Around 1963 it was raced by Giuseppe Vanaria. I recall it being a fairly regular entry at Brands Hatch
Old 8 Aug 2006, 06:19 (Ref:1677274)   #5
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
(And I thought Victoria Climax was a working girl from Totten .... as for Vanaria, just part of their double act!) Indeed, a regular entry! What an amazing forum!
Old 8 Aug 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1677376)   #6
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
(And I thought Victoria Climax was a working girl from Totten .... as for Vanaria, just part of their double act!) Indeed, a regular entry! What an amazing forum!
No she used to work in Bradfor.........

Note to self - must get up earlier so as not to be beaten to the punch line!
Old 8 Aug 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1677407)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I thought it was another Sun exclusive on the Beckhams.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1677681)   #8
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I thought it was another Sun exclusive on the Beckhams.
Or some new sexual fetish concerning a sponge cake!
Old 8 Aug 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1677744)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Now! Now! Chaps, I just thought I would start a thread and perhaps get some information on a car I remembered. It was a nice clean car but now it's all smutty.

Anyway maybe Cedric named it after his Mother, and you should not insult a person's Mother.
So gfm, steve and al. behave yourselves.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1677756)   #10
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Your quite right Sir. We/I certainly stand corrected. Cheap humour; absolutely no offense meant.
Had you kicked off with Lotus Climax (which I raced, a 17) or Cooper Climax, I'm sure it wouldn't have crossed our sordid little minds.
But Victoria Climax, ... driven by Vanaria which I honestly thought was a disease ... was too much!
Very best regards to you.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1677843)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Hi! gfm I'm glad to say that we can have a bit of a giggle here in the Historic section, I think I might stay here and not stray into the F1 part again. Far to dangerous.

Talking of Vanaria, did you ever hear the really awful joke about Van aerial disease?

Chap buys a customised Transit, all the gear, chrome wheels, flames along the sides and two massive whip aerials mounted on the front wings and pinned on the back roof. One day he has to make an emergency stop at a Zebra crossing and the aerials come loose at the back and fly forward slicing off the ears of a pedestrian on the crossing. When he is taken to hospital the surgeon says this is the worst case of van aerial disease I've seen. Boom Boom.
Old 9 Aug 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1678127)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK guys, you've had your fun and we are now so way off topic and everything after #4 would be better off in PF! Thread now closed!
Closed Thread