Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Feb 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2640555)   #576
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I have to say this.

Courtney should not have given back the spot after he tapped Holdsworth going into the dippy little chicane hairpin thing at the end of the back straight.

That was one of the cleanest applications of the bump and run that I have ever seen, and he should not have had to give the spot back in fear of penalty.
This isn't nascar. In our series, when you 'push to pass' thats an illegal move.

Now we just need the rule enforced on certain other drivers, Giz being the main one who seems to have 1000 get out of jail free cards.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2640614)   #577
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
No, its called forcing the guy to out-drive another guy and pass him without hitting him, you know how skilled racing drivers and not NASCAR hicks do it.
Really, cause I seem to remember it happened QUITE a lot back in the 90's and early to mid 2000's in the V8's.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2640621)   #578
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Really, cause I seem to remember it happened QUITE a lot back in the 90's and early to mid 2000's in the V8's.
No, V8 guys have what has been referred to as a "love tap", ever so slightly nudging the car in front (usually mid turn) just to unsettle the guy in front and try and pressure him into a move. It's the same as darting out from behind someone under braking when there is never a passing opportunity or flashing the headlights, it's high-pressure stuff and sooner or later someone's got to crack (unless you're Steven Richards, who doesn't need a car behind him to make him run off the road).

I saw a "bump and pass" watching Fox Sports' coverage of the Daytona Nationwide race and that ended up taking out half the field.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 26 Feb 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2640632)   #579
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
The sportwagon was a chance......and just imagine if the B12hr cars had parity applied (like another category I can think of) there could be even more possibilities.
LMAO dream on
Old 26 Feb 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2640640)   #580
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bagging Ambrose ...

Quote:
No, its called forcing the guy to out-drive another guy and pass him without hitting him, you know how skilled racing drivers and not NASCAR hicks do it.
given Marcos is yet to consistently run top 10, how do you rank our V8 guys against NASCAR hicks .
Old 26 Feb 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2640642)   #581
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post

I saw a "bump and pass" watching Fox Sports' coverage of the Daytona Nationwide race and that ended up taking out half the field.
That's bump drafting gone wrong. Bump drafting is something completely different to the love tap/bump and run.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 01:00 (Ref:2640650)   #582
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Matters carried over From Abu Dhabi:

Following an investigation and an admission by Daniel Gaunt Car #30, that he had driven in a careless manner, contact on Car #7 Todd Kelly, the Stewards imposed the penalty of the loss of 10 Championship Points.

Five other incidents were investigated but no breach of rules was established

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2640657)   #583
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
LMAO dream on
Not dreaming at all.......with the leading 2 cars pressuring each other they could have taken themselves out.......or mechanical failure, boost irregularity found in scrutineering. If the race hadn't finished behind the safety car and they had raced to the end......there was no pressure on the sportwagon, great strategy by those guys.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:02 (Ref:2640672)   #584
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
what is to be investigated with the CL/v. Giz incident? 2 wide into a corner, racing incident, move on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Wrong on all counts. Van G used Clowndes to get around the corner, that was avoidable contact.
obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
...Matters carried over From Abu Dhabi:
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:20 (Ref:2640677)   #585
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:

Following an investigation and an admission by Daniel Gaunt Car #30, that he had driven in a careless manner, contact on Car #7 Todd Kelly, the Stewards imposed the penalty of the loss of 10 Championship Points.

Was that the incident where Gaunt carelessly let Toddler slam him in the door and then bulldoze the Gulf Western car off the road?
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2640679)   #586
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why? He didn't intentionally take him out, and they both carried on.

I guess you could call it the pussification of racing when you're no longer allowed to do that.
I am with you Matt. V8 Supercar these days is sanitised beyond belief.

For a category apparently so interested in 'entertainment' they are failing this principle while they jump on every little thing that happens on track. No wonder they know need so many bands/artists to attract an audience.

The BTCC in the mid 90's - now that was racing and entertaining.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:50 (Ref:2640689)   #587
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Obviously you only ever watched the BTCC on TV and never actually went to a race meeting?
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:58 (Ref:2640691)   #588
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately travelling to the UK for me in the mid 90's wasn't to much of an option. So yes it was TV for me. Didn't seem to diminish the quality of racing or entertainment though?
Old 26 Feb 2010, 04:14 (Ref:2640695)   #589
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Was that the incident where Gaunt carelessly let Toddler slam him in the door and then bulldoze the Gulf Western car off the road?
I am HOPING this is a different incident, what you're talking about surely cannot be Gaunt's fault, as Todd came out of the pits and Gaunt would have had no idea Todd was there, Todd should have just backed out of it there, and he SHOULD have been penalised for hitting Gaunt in the side!

That pit lane exit was a bit of a shocker but most people like Lowndes had discretion as the better part of valour....
Old 26 Feb 2010, 04:29 (Ref:2640696)   #590
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You mean, BTCC is no longer "racing and entertaining"?
Old 26 Feb 2010, 04:49 (Ref:2640700)   #591
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
You mean, BTCC is no longer "racing and entertaining"?
Its still entertaining, but its a shadow of what it was in the 90's IMO.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 05:10 (Ref:2640701)   #592
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its still entertaining, but its a shadow of what it was in the 90's IMO.
So what's gone wrong? Don't tell me people are getting bored with motorsport the world over!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 05:15 (Ref:2640704)   #593
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am HOPING this is a different incident
... I don't believe it is...
Quote:
what you're talking about surely cannot be Gaunt's fault, as Todd came out of the pits and Gaunt would have had no idea Todd was there, Todd should have just backed out of it there, and he SHOULD have been penalised for hitting Gaunt in the side!

That pit lane exit was a bit of a shocker but most people like Lowndes had discretion as the better part of valour....
with you 100% on that, although others don't believe so... obviously
Old 26 Feb 2010, 06:40 (Ref:2640725)   #594
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just had to re-read the post that states it was Gaunt that was penalised.

I was always expecting Todd to receive the penalty and read it as such.

That is a ridiculous call and I was disappointed in Todd's driving all weekend but that incident most of all.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2640768)   #595
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just perusing the stewards reports and there are no other Toddler/Gaunt incidents.
I can't work out how Gaunt can be at fault for that!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2640796)   #596
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:

I cant see why they let him keep his license, clearly he isn't up to the grade of the Kelly boys..........
Old 27 Feb 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2641240)   #597
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Unfortunately travelling to the UK for me in the mid 90's wasn't to much of an option. So yes it was TV for me. Didn't seem to diminish the quality of racing or entertainment though?
About the time I stopped doing BTCC. May as well watch the dodgems at the fairground. Appalling driving standards and poor sportsmanship. Sure, it was bad that he took you out like that, but you did it to someone else last week - not much point in complaining to me.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 03:41 (Ref:2641287)   #598
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Not dreaming at all.......with the leading 2 cars pressuring each other they could have taken themselves out.......or mechanical failure, boost irregularity found in scrutineering. If the race hadn't finished behind the safety car and they had raced to the end......there was no pressure on the sportwagon, great strategy by those guys.
or if 3/4 of the field didn't finish.. a Daewoo couldn't won *rolls eyes*
Old 8 Mar 2010, 02:47 (Ref:2647169)   #599
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Well knock me down with a feather, I was mistakenly thinking they were going there for a motor race. Now the real prima donnas are showing.