Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Aug 2000, 00:13 (Ref:33806)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday and Saturday night we were surprised to find University Avenue closed between Richmond and Adelaide, for "filming".

What was our further surprise to find that what they were filming was "Champs"! The road was soon full of cheap imitation asthmatic normally aspirated V8s pretending to be CART vehicles, not to mention smoke, dust, bright lights and a lot of trucks and trailers. And busybodies with clip boards who came up asking "What are you doing here?"

"Well, actually I live here," was my response. Then my cousin asked if they were an LA crew. Then I got to watch the next ten minutes of filming while she and he argued about "Hollywood North."

The cars looked pretty decent in the dark but I hope someone redoes the sound track before they release the movie, because there's no way they sounded like ChampCars.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 02:16 (Ref:33832)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know. I remember Molson Indy. They do however look exactly like 2000 Champ Cars, but they sound like sports cars.

Cool, do you know what they were trying to film there?
Old 30 Aug 2000, 04:04 (Ref:33843)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read somewhere it was a chase sequence on public roads...now why didn't days of thunder do that??
Old 30 Aug 2000, 10:19 (Ref:33899)   #4
wallbanger
Rookie

wallbanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
I read somewhere it was a chase sequence on public roads...now why didn't days of thunder do that??
Because stock cars are never driven in the street!

Old 30 Aug 2000, 10:51 (Ref:33916)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh right I'm thinking of selling my Lola/Buick....it's not very good for family commuting....
Old 30 Aug 2000, 22:53 (Ref:34084)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All we could tell was that the cars were driving down University Avenue as if they were in a very slow race. Perhaps they will crank the film up to make them look as if they were going fast?