Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Mar 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2642335)   #151
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No bounce in the ratings this week for Seven, it was the same figure of 287000 that watched last weeks Sunday race.
A rise in the Melbourne figures to 68000 was compensated by a big drop in the Sydney figures.
The race was easily beaten by Nine's Olympic coverage but with no other sport on the main free to air channels it was a very disappointing figure.
From a TV standpoint the Middle Eastern races are a dud, roll on Adelaide.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2642337)   #152
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
And what insight would Jamie have given?

Wouldn't you at least like to know how the same brand cars are different to drive? How would Jamie provide that perspective?
Big deal! Does the casual observer that V8Supercars is so determined to attract give two sh*ts about the nuances of the different characteristics of the cars...?

Ultimately, Skaife told us that Jamie's car was better to drive... No, really!?

In addition to that, I can count on one hand (probably less than that) the number of times I saw dual series champion Jamie Whincup's head (sans helmet) on the telecast.

There is still a LONG way to go to turn V8Supercars into a mainstream sport - and one of the main areas they need to work on is turing their drivers into recognisable personalities... stars!

I'm heavily invested in the sport and even I'm not totally sure what Daniel Gaunt looks like! I'm sure if you asked the punters in Martin Place to pick Jamie Whincup from a line-up you would get a considerably less-than-100% success rate.

The onboard lap of the track is a perfect opportunity to place emphasis on a different driver every round and get their perspective on the circuit - maybe show some insight into their personality... At the moment it just seems like an excuse for Skaifey to get his rocks off fanging a car around!
Old 1 Mar 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2642345)   #153
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian V8 video releases a network hit:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225835356590
Old 1 Mar 2010, 01:34 (Ref:2642371)   #154
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Australian V8 video releases a network hit:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225835356590
The VNR's are a good move as anything that saves us time and money is good.
However it's interesting that the VNRs contain no on track coverage and the images don't really sync up with the supplied script.
The latest one from Bahrain contained trick BMX riders, swaying palms, and some short abstract shots of the race and then the only parts we'll use an interview with Jamie Whincup.
The shots in all the dust and gloom were a bit dull but as I wasn't there I don't know just how bad conditions were.
It's a really good start though and I'm glad to see BAM running it as they are one of the few V8 Supercar PR units that is happy to engage a wide distribution.
It'll certainly encourage us to give the V8s more exposure this year, now if only the teams would make their drivers a bit more accessible.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:21 (Ref:2642390)   #155
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duplicate post.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2642391)   #156
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Big deal! Does the casual observer that V8Supercars is so determined to attract give two sh*ts about the nuances of the different characteristics of the cars...?

Ultimately, Skaife told us that Jamie's car was better to drive... No, really!?

In addition to that, I can count on one hand (probably less than that) the number of times I saw dual series champion Jamie Whincup's head (sans helmet) on the telecast.

There is still a LONG way to go to turn V8Supercars into a mainstream sport - and one of the main areas they need to work on is turing their drivers into recognisable personalities... stars!

I'm heavily invested in the sport and even I'm not totally sure what Daniel Gaunt looks like! I'm sure if you asked the punters in Martin Place to pick Jamie Whincup from a line-up you would get a considerably less-than-100% success rate.

The onboard lap of the track is a perfect opportunity to place emphasis on a different driver every round and get their perspective on the circuit - maybe show some insight into their personality... At the moment it just seems like an excuse for Skaifey to get his rocks off fanging a car around!
Whoa there, haven't we gone off on a tangent?

What exactly do those comments have to do with all the tea in China?

I think the drivers are adequately introduced at each coverage, especially the leading drivers. You can't blame Skaife/Crompton and Larko for wanting to give their piece on each racer as they are perfectly able to convey the impression to our lounge rooms.