Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Feb 2010, 01:56 (Ref:2638008)   #26
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Larry stopped to render assistance, as did a few (many) others. Murphy was already under the car so Larry just stood back out of the way and manuvered towards the front... (I was down at FP1 on green and we all knew exactly what Larry was up to.)
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2638645)   #27
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have any pictures or video for us to relive this moment? Not the crash, Larry's antics I mean.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2638791)   #28
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Anyone have any pictures or video for us to relive this moment? Not the crash, Larry's antics I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzaXS...eature=related

Go to the middle of the video and you'll see Larry having a peek at the underside of the VT.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2638798)   #29
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So What Was The Outcome Of All This, I Had Heard That Roland Was Going To Start Legal Proceedings Against Kelly Racing??? Any Truth To This I Am Unsure, GTR Have you Heard Any Whispers???
Old 23 Feb 2010, 05:15 (Ref:2638803)   #30
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Here Is Another Interesting Spin....

Mr Skaife is a confirmed Endure Driver for 888.

He drove the Kelly Racing Commodore in Abu Dabhi for Channel 7.

On the cool down lap of his 1 lap around the circut he dropped the tailshaft, he can been seen looking under the Kellly Racing Commodore. (Shock Horror!!!!)

Will Todd crack up about this.... No

Aparently Mr Skaife will be driving a few cars over the year as apart of his channel 7 role,

So will he be privy to inside info on how each car runs etc. Perhaps this would be a role better suited for a commontator whom is no longer driving at all, Crompton or Larkham???

But if its not i bet ya Roland don't mind at all.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 06:37 (Ref:2638815)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weren't there tears back in 1996 when Bowe flipped at Phillip Island, revealing illegal pits on the undercarriage of his Falcon?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2639371)   #32
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Perhaps this would be a role better suited for a commontator whom is no longer driving at all, Crompton or Larkham???
i believe i heard on the telecast, or maybe read in MeNews, that the 3 (Shnoz/Crompo/Larko) would be sharing the drive of different cars in this role, throughout the year. So Mr Skaife will at least get to see 1/3rd of the fields cars, on 1/3rd of the tracks the circus goes to
Old 24 Feb 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2639460)   #33
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bowe roll over at phillip ise showed it had illeagal front undertray
Johnson was ****ed he was caught cheating yet again

Lowndes roll over triggered by Ingal the thing was that the car was worth about 400k and everyone was spinning out over the costs and the extra stiff chassis and where or the strength was coming from (lucky for Craig)
it was the cars first outing

Larry then came out the Larrybar
Old 24 Feb 2010, 03:42 (Ref:2639486)   #34
Bradley
Rookie

Bradley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acutually the Lowndes roll over was triggered by S Richards, Ingall and Cromption. If you watch the crash, you see ingall following the white line on the track, the angle makes it look like he moved but it was the other cars that squeezed him. have a look on youtube or something but Ingall got blamed for that and the restart when Bright got moved off but that was Skaife and Bright squeezing him again. The car had run at Sandown as the first run then Calder, Lowndes/Mcconville ran the T Kelly VR/VS (craigs 96 car) for the next few rounds, then SKaife got a new VT at Oran Park and Craig went into Skaifes old car, which was one of the 98 VT's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinJ View Post
bowe roll over at phillip ise showed it had illeagal front undertray
Johnson was ****ed he was caught cheating yet again

Lowndes roll over triggered by Ingal the thing was that the car was worth about 400k and everyone was spinning out over the costs and the extra stiff chassis and where or the strength was coming from (lucky for Craig)
it was the cars first outing

Larry then came out the Larrybar
Old 24 Feb 2010, 04:04 (Ref:2639496)   #35
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ5xCWevEk

Spot the illegal body parts...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:54 (Ref:2639517)   #36
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers bradley
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2639575)   #37
bullit
Rookie

Australia
up a tree on a mountain
bullit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

on the larry data gathering front, can remember brocky telling a tale of him rolling at simmonds plains and larry stopping on the track to see if his old team mate was ok, but larry spent more time checking out the exhaust system on brockies jigger, the more things change the more they stay the same!
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2639585)   #38
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post

Still one of the best examples of hopeless directing missing both impacts perfectly!
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2639597)   #39
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta love 7
Old 25 Feb 2010, 02:27 (Ref:2640119)   #40
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
on the larry data gathering front, can remember brocky telling a tale of him rolling at simmonds plains and larry stopping on the track to see if his old team mate was ok, but larry spent more time checking out the exhaust system on brockies jigger, the more things change the more they stay the same!
When did Brock ever roll a car at Symmons Plains

I thought the only rollover in his entire career was at the 1997 ST Bathurst event.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 04:22 (Ref:2640133)   #41
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post

In that short clip they don't show the front undertray Bowe is standing in the way in the one shot where you would have seen it.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 05:06 (Ref:2640139)   #42
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
When did Brock ever roll a car at Symmons Plains

I thought the only rollover in his entire career was at the 1997 ST Bathurst event.
It might be the other way around- I remember Larry had a rollover at Symmons in the early 90s...?

Quote:
RotorFan]In that short clip they don't show the front undertray Bowe is standing in the way in the one shot where you would have seen it.
A coincidence? I think not!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Feb 2010, 07:25 (Ref:2640158)   #43
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the still photos showed lots of detail.

I think I remember something like a really wide bracket that mounted the rear of the under tray to the front X Member? About as wide and on a similar angle as the under tray (with clearance for wheels).
Old 25 Feb 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2640240)   #44
bullit
Rookie

Australia
up a tree on a mountain
sorry forda and congrats to chatters for picking the obvious mistake , it was larry who rolled and brocky who feigned concern while checking under larrys skirts , can only think this may be where larry got his inspiration for the calder inspection. to punish myself for this mistake i may force myself to drive a holden on the weekend !
Old 25 Feb 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2640244)   #45
bullit
Rookie

Australia
up a tree on a mountain
Sorry forda and congrats to chatters for spotting the obvious mistake, it was indeed larry who rolled at simmons and brocky who feigned interest in his mates plight while having a peek under larrys skirts.
Can only imagine this may have been larrys inspiration for the "calder inspection" , as punishment for mis reporting this i will make myself drive a holden this weekend.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2640277)   #46
bullit
Rookie

Australia
up a tree on a mountain

and sorry for the double post , really on a roll !
Old 26 Feb 2010, 03:27 (Ref:2640680)   #47
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here...

Quote:
Kelly claims 'spy-gate' was overblown
ED JACKSON
February 26, 2010 - 10:29AM

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!