Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2644463)   #1
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victorian Motor Racing Championship Rnd 1. Winton

This weekend 6 & 7 March, sees the start of the 2010 circuit racing event calendar, with entry numbers reportedly close to 200 cars.

The program features 13 practice & qualifying sessions on Saturday morning, with the first of 28 races commencing at 1:30 PM Saturday, and then also from 9:00 AM Sunday.

I believe a number of National Formula Ford teams have entered (Sonic & G Force), as a final hit out before their first round at the AGP later this month.

Categories racing this week-end are:

· Formula Vee,
· Porsche 944,
· MG and Invited British Cars,
· Improved Production,
· Super TT & U2L Sports Sedans,
· BMW E30
· Formula Ford,

As usual, I’m pretty sure entry will be free !
If you are in the region, and have a desire to see actual racing, with cars even passing each other do a Mike Raymond !
(get your backside trackside)
Old 3 Mar 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2644468)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I might be coming to this one it gives me an excuse to go home for the weekend anyway.

Is your current squeeze coming this weekend Rachel?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2644480)   #3
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I might be coming to this one it gives me an excuse to go home for the weekend anyway.

Is your current squeeze coming this weekend Rachel?
That is a very personal question !

Actually, I'm enjoying being single right now, so i suppose the answer is no.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 01:36 (Ref:2644523)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
As usual, I’m pretty sure entry will be free !
Nope, Saturday free, Sunday not I believe judging by the officials letter that came out telling us we'd need an admission ticket to get in on Sunday.

This weekend also sees the racing debut in Victoria of the new Tracksa trackside marshalling light system in racing conditions.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2644534)   #5
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
This weekend also sees the racing debut in Victoria of the new Tracksa trackside marshalling light system in racing conditions.

Has an appropriate redundancy package been put in place for the bags of tea-towel's ?

I'm sure that a cafe somewhere in the main street might be able to use them, sans sticks...

Look out for Ultra lights !
Old 4 Mar 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2644557)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
cool public holdiday in victoria this week , I might wander down to winton and have a look

Question what is Super TT ?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 05:01 (Ref:2644573)   #7
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Tin Top, any race car with a roof, ex V8's, etc, etc.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 05:42 (Ref:2644584)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And a 240T Volvo (gotta get that in there )

Pretty much run what you brung, and hope you brung enough
A very entertaining category, purely because of the sheer variety of cars racing against each other
Old 4 Mar 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2644617)   #9
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Has an appropriate redundancy package been put in place for the bags of tea-towel's ?
Lights don't do white flags just yet and they will still have the flags out on point "just in case".

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Question what is Super TT ?
AASA version of Sports Sedans, as mentioned basically anything with mudguards that has no where else to race
Old 4 Mar 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2644672)   #10
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lights don't do white flags just yet and they will still have the flags out on point "just in case".

AASA version of Sports Sedans, as mentioned basically anything with mudguards that has no where else to race

Approx 40 in the SuperTT Grid.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2645425)   #11
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Going by practice today, it will be a good weekend, If I wasn't so busy getting ready to go to Clipsal next week I would have been back up there tomorrow.

BTW, PVDA, was that you driving the recovery vehicle wearing a bunch of badges held together by the remains of a hat? And I am pretty sure that there was a Ronke running around the old pit area on an orange moped.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2645750)   #12
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
No the bloke in that hat is not PVDA, it is Pat, and yes that would have been a Ronke on the moped, but not the one posting above.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2646379)   #13
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It this system similar to the system used at Calder during the late eighties and early nineties?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2646440)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It this system similar to the system used at Calder during the late eighties and early nineties?
The old Calder system (current stored away in a shipping container out there somewhere) used normal traffic light units with suitable coloured lenses.

The Winton system uses a traffic light sized panel full of coloured LEDs.

That's not Winton by the way.......

Being LED based it uses less power and is able to be done using solar power rather getting 240vAC to each marshal post.

It does work in a similar fashion in that there is a remote control for each post but Race Control has the ability to operate things from upstairs as required. Was real handy during the V8 Test Day last month.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2646484)   #15
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Did the rainstorm that hit Benalla this afternoon cause any damage up there?
Old 7 Mar 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2646486)   #16
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27 View Post
Did the rainstorm that hit Benalla this afternoon cause any damage up there?
I was up there racing my Elfin in a formula libre event the day the rain came and PC in his Lola hit the guy on the start finish line,very sad day for the Winton people.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2646890)   #17
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Shepparton got an absolute flogging in the thunderstorm, so I am guessing Winton would have got it too.

Rooves off everywhere, trees down, power lines down, roads totally flooded, **** everywhere, and I was out driving when it hit
Old 8 Mar 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2647321)   #18
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
I was up there racing my Elfin in a formula libre event the day the rain came and PC in his Lola hit the guy on the start finish line,very sad day for the Winton people.
That was a lot of years ago Rob, a lot of us still working at Winton knew David well

A big storm went through Benalla late Saturday arvo with minimal problems but it missed the track completely.

The general area was missed by the worst of it yesterday and as Trev said there was a line of damage from Shepparton to Seymour which actually caused flooding of the Hume Freeway between Seymour & Avenel.

It wasn't my worst trip home last night but it was up near the top of the list.

Hope your place got through in one piece Trev.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2647326)   #19
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Yeah fine PVDA
Old 8 Mar 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2647360)   #20
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alot of good feedback about the lights from both flaggies and drivers
Old 8 Mar 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2647805)   #21
aussiefveeracer
Rookie

Australia
aussiefveeracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see the lights working except for Friday. And then they were quite good.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 06:50 (Ref:2647943)   #22
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
That was a lot of years ago Rob, a lot of us still working at Winton knew David well

A big storm went through Benalla late Saturday arvo with minimal problems but it missed the track completely.

The general area was missed by the worst of it yesterday and as Trev said there was a line of damage from Shepparton to Seymour which actually caused flooding of the Hume Freeway between Seymour & Avenel.

It wasn't my worst trip home last night but it was up near the top of the list.

Hope your place got through in one piece Trev.
Long time ago,great bunch up there.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2648068)   #23
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
Just a quick dig at this week’s e'M-News for not running the back story to one of the standout's of FF on the weekend. Whilst they mentioned the two debutantes, there is a little bit more to know about one of them.

14 yr old New South Welshman Josh Hunter won Race One (in the wet, no less) and then got "fed a wheel" into T 1 in race two, sending him back a fair few places.

Now some of you with some clay in your veins might recognise the Speedway parlance "fed a wheel".

You see young Josh is carrying the sponsorship of a Sydney mob called Pick & Payless.

100 bonus points for first correct answer to who his Grandpa is............
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2648073)   #24
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just a quick dig at this week’s e'M-News for not running the back story to one of the standout's of FF on the weekend. Whilst they mentioned the two debutantes, there is a little bit more to know about one of them.

14 yr old New South Welshman Josh Hunter won Race One (in the wet, no less) and then got "fed a wheel" into T 1 in race two, sending him back a fair few places.

Now some of you with some clay in your veins might recognise the Speedway parlance "fed a wheel".

You see young Josh is carrying the sponsorship of a Sydney mob called Pick & Payless.

100 bonus points for first correct answer to who his Grandpa is............
Too easy,
Gary Rush

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2648087)   #25
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Too easy,
Gary Rush
mtpanorama, it wasn't supposed to be difficult !

Just a few interesting points, Garry himself raced FF back a number of years ago; Josh has been developing in Karts for a number of years and this year, because of his age, he will race in the Victorian state series, as he is too young to race in his home state !

In a conversation I had with the man who is arguably Australia's best ever Sprintcar driver, he told me that Josh is " A three year project ".

Given that he has begun his FF career in the latest Mygale, with all the fast bits, (no shortage of coin...) and he has a fair degree of natural driving ability, I'd tip that the three year aim is to him being a national FF champ by 2012 ! (especially if he does a couple of summers on the clay in a Sprintcar)

So folks, watch this space, bookmark this thread, because if this kid does as well as I reckon he will, you can always tell people that you read it first on Ten-tenths ! (not MN...)