Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2997151)   #1276
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Steve Rider is a witty man, something I felt watching the Autosport Awards, but he was dire on ITV I'm afraid (probably because ITV made him be the way he was). He and Mark Blundell batted back and forth inane questions about Lewis Hamilton for all of 2007 and 2008. He needs to be his own man, because he's better than that.
I didn't find Steve Rider convincing on ITV and I didn't find him convincing during the Rugby Union World Cup. He largely read from a script and in his questions to the panel he came across as someone who didn't really know the game. I here he's very good when it comes to Golf but I don't watch Golf.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2997175)   #1277
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Murdoch is forcing me to eat babies.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2997196)   #1278
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
He's a bad bad man.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2997307)   #1279
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Out of spite, I ate Murdoch's hamster.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2997308)   #1280
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 9 Dec 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2997338)   #1281
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I didn't find Steve Rider convincing on ITV and I didn't find him convincing during the Rugby Union World Cup. He largely read from a script and in his questions to the panel he came across as someone who didn't really know the game. I here he's very good when it comes to Golf but I don't watch Golf.
Rider is old school. He's got his cue cards and his plan. His shirt and his tie. Rider looks unkept without his tie. The approach of the 80's and 90's. Jake is more of an ad lib concierge, comfortable with handling hecklers, more able to improvise, wearing one of his designer shirts and jeans. More a man of the future. It's a sea-change of difference. I do like Jake's ease although I sometimes miss the formality of the past when sport wuz serious business.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2997346)   #1282
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's when you see this that you realise quite how severely Sky plundered the BBC's existing F1 team. I'm warming to all those who remain, even EJ!
Attached Thumbnails
BBC commentary team.jpg  
Old 9 Dec 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2997496)   #1283
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They'll be to cram two more into the BBC line-up at least. Edwards would make a fine addition. James Allen was mentioned as a pitlane reporter for one of the channels just keep him out of the box. I hope they resist the siren temptation of Blundell and Jardine.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2997557)   #1284
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that it will be Ben Edwards, which is great news.

James Allen has said he is not interested in returning to TV, so the urgent quest now is to find a good replacement for Ted Kravitz.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2997764)   #1285
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok, admission time. Ive signed up for Sky..............
Old 9 Dec 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2997783)   #1286
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
If anyone's interested, it's definitely Ben Edwards at the BBC. It was known at the Autosport Awards and now it's gone public on Twitter.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2997784)   #1287
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is great news.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2997814)   #1288
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
James Allen has said he is not interested in returning to TV, so the urgent quest now is to find a good replacement for Ted Kravitz.
I think Autosport magazine had Leggard and Allen in at BBC5!

Good news about Edwards.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2998111)   #1289
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Ok, admission time. Ive signed up for Sky..............
Season don't start until March, you can cancel and subscribe the day before the season starts...
Old 12 Dec 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2998778)   #1290
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
If anyone's interested, it's definitely Ben Edwards at the BBC. It was known at the Autosport Awards and now it's gone public on Twitter.
Really?!? Oh that's great for him! I'll watch the live BBC broadcasts for that then

Selby
Old 12 Dec 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2998801)   #1291
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Edwards is confirmed soon then that'll be great news. My father upgraded to Sky HD last week so it looks like I'll be able to use his Sky Go id for free. Means I won't have to sign up to a package for one channel only and I can watch the Sky races live and the rest on the BBC. Not ideal, but at least its free. As he no longer watches the sport I thought it would be a shame to let his access go to waste. I still think this deal is a massive mistake for British coverage and think we'll see suggestions of this over the next year.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2998820)   #1292
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ben Edwards confirmed at BBC.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...mmentary-team/
Old 12 Dec 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2998823)   #1293
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
If Edwards is confirmed soon then that'll be great news. My father upgraded to Sky HD last week so it looks like I'll be able to use his Sky Go id for free. Means I won't have to sign up to a package for one channel only and I can watch the Sky races live and the rest on the BBC. Not ideal, but at least its free. As he no longer watches the sport I thought it would be a shame to let his access go to waste. I still think this deal is a massive mistake for British coverage and think we'll see suggestions of this over the next year.
So it's ok to fratanize with the evil empire aslong as your not footing the bill???
Old 12 Dec 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2998856)   #1294
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have noticed that sky have the rights to the Heineken Rugby Cup this year. If you don't want to pay the Murdocks for it then you only get highlights on one of the minority language channels, S4C or BBC Wales come to mind.

Wonder if that will be the next move for F1 fans.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2998887)   #1295
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ben Edwards is without doubt my favorite commentator now Murray has (long) retired. Its a coup for BBC and the fans of F1 as a series. A very very good commentator. Great news.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2998908)   #1296
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
So it's ok to fratanize with the evil empire aslong as your not footing the bill???
Would you rather I streamed it illegally then? That was what I would have done had I not been able to use someone else's Sky login. I don't agree with the deal one bit, but if I could afford Sky I would buy it because I am an F1 fan and I love the sport. I've said this many times, but I also think they charge far too much for a package that just isn't worth it. It doesn't not make sense to pay £30p/m for a single channel and a Channel that is only showing 10 of the races the BBC aren't.

Do you now understand where I am coming from? I've lost count the amount of times I have explained this now.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2998916)   #1297
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Mr V, to clarify, henners88 would have been forced to illegally stream it.

However re-reading the post it seems Mr V got your point, so much so that he actually summed it up perfectly and succinctly in only one line.
Quote:
Quote:
Would you rather I streamed it illegally then? That was what I would have done had I not been able to use someone else's Sky login. I don't agree with the deal one bit, but if I could afford Sky I would buy it because I am an F1 fan and I love the sport. I've said this many times, but I also think they charge far too much for a package that just isn't worth it. It doesn't not make sense to pay £30p/m for a single channel and a Channel that is only showing 10 of the races the BBC aren't.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2999047)   #1298
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Do you now understand where I am coming from?
For sure, i'm regularly forced to do illegal stuff, which reminds me, where's my shooter? I need to make a cash withdrawal
Old 13 Dec 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2999059)   #1299
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Mr V, to clarify, henners88 would have been forced to illegally stream it.
Quote:
For sure, i'm regularly forced to do illegal stuff, which reminds me, where's my shooter?
Are you both tabloid journalists by any chance? You appear to have tried to sensationalize my post by suggesting I would be forced to do something illegal. Nobody would have forced me to do any such thing and I did not say that. How you both interpreted that, I do not know. If I had not had the opportunity to watch it through a legit method then yes like many thousands of other fans across the UK I would have looked into ways of streaming it. Its only like foreign fans who either don't have coverage or prefer the British version so have streamed it for many years. I have no problem with that.

For two members who have evidently contributed alot here and been here a while, I think that was a poor attempt at trying to get a rise to be honest. I was under the impression Adam43 was a mod too. Hey ho.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2999093)   #1300
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just as an aside.

I have never, ever heard or read of an individual being prosecuted for watching sport via a live video stream? Have you?

I'm not even sure what law is being broken by the viewer, unless child porn is involved then it might be deemed as "making a picture".
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky