Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2457890)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Museum

Apparently the refurbished Le Mans Museum has now re-opened. In 23 years past, I still haven't managed to pay it a visit! Does anyone know the opening times and is it likely to be worth half an hour sometime over the weekend?
Old 8 May 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2457909)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you mean Musee Automobile ?
i went last year .. and if there are new cars maybe i'll see it again

Ciao Marco
Old 8 May 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2457915)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to EI, it is now called the Musée des 24 Heures-Circuit de la Sarthe
Old 8 May 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2457993)   #4
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Apparently the refurbished Le Mans Museum has now re-opened. In 23 years past, I still haven't managed to pay it a visit! Does anyone know the opening times and is it likely to be worth half an hour sometime over the weekend?

1. No
2. Yes

The old museum was in two parts - one a general motor museum and the other devoted solely to LM. There used to be a reduced admission price if you had an entry ticket to the circuit. A definite Friday activity.

I haven't been for a few years now. My family have suggested that the ACO might keep me in and use me as an exhibit.
Old 8 May 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2457996)   #5
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest the only time i ever really saw people go in and out of there was during large downpours of rain! Never really considered going in there but might have to have a nosey now!
Old 8 May 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2458079)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't do it on the friday, do it on the Sunday when you get that feeling of wanting to take a break .
Old 8 May 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2458195)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Taking a break on the saturday , doesnt come into it !!!

I reckon its worth seeing , although I havent seen it for about 5 years . I reckon I might do it this year .... there is some new stuff since my last visit .
Old 8 May 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2458248)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I go every year - used to love some of the exhibits which were a bit random (the crash test history video) hope my faves are still there
Old 9 May 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2458442)   #9
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Never been either, we did nearly go in last year at the classic, but changed our minds at the last minuite on the grounds that there was 300+ historic cars in the paddock and track.

This year I really will make the effort and go in....................maybe.
Old 9 May 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2458498)   #10
speedchillsnick
Rookie

United Kingdom
liverpool
speedchillsnick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is the museum?
Old 9 May 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2458509)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By the main entrance. I have been a couple of times now, it is well worth a visit.
Old 9 May 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2458666)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just need to find out when it's open then now!
Old 10 May 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2459002)   #13
speedchillsnick
Rookie

United Kingdom
liverpool
speedchillsnick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks i certianly will try to pop in at some point
Old 10 May 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2459042)   #14
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope they've done something about the awful lighting there. If they have'nt make sure your camera has a flash.
We shot some video footage there and it was almost unwatchable cause it was so dark.
But there's plenty of great cars there so I'd recommend it most highly.
Old 10 May 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2459244)   #15
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plus, the have nice, clean, air-conditioned toilets. This can be worth the entry fee alone.

Which reminds me, in the past ACO members could gain free entry, so it's worth checking.
Old 10 May 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2459449)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Plus, the have nice, clean, air-conditioned toilets. This can be worth the entry fee alone.

Which reminds me, in the past ACO members could gain free entry, so it's worth checking.

Aha! I like the sound of that - on both counts!
Old 11 May 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2459862)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I have been several times but I must admit that if it is sunny and dry there are always other things to do, the displays were rather static an old fashioned so perhaps the revamp will bring it back to life, well worth a visit as it includes many group c cars from the period I like best.
Old 11 May 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2460458)   #18
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend and I went with our sons on the Monday after the race several years ago, we enjoyed it and it killed some time before the journey back to Calais. I agree with the comment about the lighting, all our pics came out pretty dark and gloomy. We walked into the circuit afterwards and it was earily strange seeing it so baron and empty after the weekend.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2460802)   #19
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We went last year and it was definitely worth the visit. The prototype collection was very cool.

Did it change this year or it's the same?
Old 12 May 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2460849)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
According to the report on EI, it's been 'refurbished'.....
Old 12 May 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2461042)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon a trip is in order this year then .
Old 13 May 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2461427)   #22
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Open 10.00 to 18.00 during summer.

Visit www.lemusee24h.com for more information, although it's all in French
Old 13 May 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2461657)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent link, mon ancien ami, merci beaucoup!
Old 13 May 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2461732)   #24
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Excellent link, mon ancien ami, merci beaucoup!
De rien, M'sieu