Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Nov 2004, 03:22 (Ref:1156687)   #1
bingman
Racer

bingman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi in F1 99% sure

was talking with someone at an airport today who is right in there about this situation and he said Vitantonio Liuzzi will almost for certian be in one of the red bull cars... other seat is the question...

p.s- a one day F1 test for a no name or gentlemen driver with a tail end team costs USD400k+ for one day
Old 18 Nov 2004, 05:35 (Ref:1156710)   #2
BoatOwner
Rookie

BoatOwner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where do you ge this info? you sound connected to some really important people.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 07:26 (Ref:1156735)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be extremely happy for him, a good revenge against Sauber
Old 18 Nov 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1156848)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure he'd do really well, as long as they give him a more experienced team-mate than Klien.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1156885)   #5
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Liuzzi and Klien will be a perfectly fine pairing for next year IMO.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1156909)   #6
ringo
Racer

ringo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi and Coultard would be cool.. DC could bring a big name and may do better in a new environment... would also be cool to see AJ have a shot or davidson if he doesn't pull off the williams thing... klien is is good but had a chance and never really stood out much, just good and not anything special and F1 should be made up of specials.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1156918)   #7
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld might be the best option of all, but DC would be great as well. Klien needs someone alongside him to help him develop, especially as he reached F1 so young and quickly.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1156936)   #8
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When we see Webber in a decent car I reckon we'll re-assess Klien and see that he did pretty well, but that Webber made him look less good.

If F1 should not include drivers from the nothing special category, how come DC's name gets in the frame?
Old 18 Nov 2004, 12:30 (Ref:1156979)   #9
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
When we see Webber in a decent car I reckon we'll re-assess Klien and see that he did pretty well, but that Webber made him look less good.
Quite possible.

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
If F1 should not include drivers from the nothing special category, how come DC's name gets in the frame?
Not up to your usual standard Glen.

On his day DC is more special than most of the grid, though I concede that he is probably passed his best now. A change of team might revitalise him, though I would prefer to see Heidfeld in a top car.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1157009)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull need to do a lot of aggressive development, and quickly. The Jaguar was never a good car, and the worst mistake they made was to go conservative with the design after they got embarassed by trying the opposite.

So - I do agree that experience would be a welcome thing - but DC strikes me as somewhat negativefor all his experience, and that's certainly something they don't need. I agree that Heidfeld deserves something and would do a good job. Alex Wurz should be getting his name on the shortlist too, but F1 seems to have passed him by nowadays.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1157024)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coulthard, Davidson and Wurz are all being checked out by Tony Purnell.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 13:34 (Ref:1157041)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
*prays for the Wurzinator*
Old 18 Nov 2004, 14:16 (Ref:1157075)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Heidfeld in contention? Perhaps Purnell feels that he will get the Williams drive ahead of Davidson? In terms of 'aggressive development', Wurz might be the best choice, especially as I'm sure he's very hungry to return to racing, but I doubt McLaren would want to lose his Friday services?
Old 18 Nov 2004, 14:18 (Ref:1157077)   #14
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally posted by Skam85
Liuzzi and Klien will be a perfectly fine pairing for next year IMO.
They would be a perfect team, but wnat about their performance!??? And 4 the team to grow they nedd a very good setup driver! That's what i think
Old 18 Nov 2004, 14:34 (Ref:1157087)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Davidson gets the Williams drive, I'd employ Coulthard and Liuzzi for 2005.

Liuzzi has a lot of pace, Coulthard has a whole "databank" of experience which will help a team young in its development.

Two inexperienced drivers are not the way to go.

Even if you don't think DC is a sharp-end-of-the-grid superstar anymore, he's the ideal man for a project like this.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 16:27 (Ref:1157142)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
That's basically the case for DC summed up precisely KB. Maybe this thread needs to go back towards simply discussing Liuzzi's apparent drive, not the driver line up in general, as there's another thread for that.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1157145)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

I think Liuzzi will definitely have one of the seats - question is bascially whether it's as race driver or test driver.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 17:33 (Ref:1157212)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If DC does get one of the Red Bull seats, I hope Liuzzi becomes tester and gets the race seat in 2006.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1157357)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Good plan!
Old 19 Nov 2004, 00:21 (Ref:1157571)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, you know me, I like people to be happy.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 04:08 (Ref:1157656)   #21
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
If Davidson gets the Williams drive, I'd employ Coulthard and Liuzzi for 2005.

Liuzzi has a lot of pace, Coulthard has a whole "databank" of experience which will help a team young in its development.

Two inexperienced drivers are not the way to go.

Even if you don't think DC is a sharp-end-of-the-grid superstar anymore, he's the ideal man for a project like this.
People say this a lot but I reckon two enthusiastic, hard-charging youngsters can often be a good thing for mid-field teams looking for a new lease of life. See Fisichella & Ralf at Jordan 1997, Kimi & Nick @ Sauber 2001.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1157954)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Impressive though Fisichella and Ralf were, it was Hill and Frentzen who took the big results for Jordan at the time. And both Nick and Kimi have that kind of steady, patient, analytical personality that is good for development. Besides, Red Bull need to establish themslves in mid-field before they can start really looking forward.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1158592)   #23
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the beauty of hindsight. When Sauber signed Kimi, no one quite knew whether he'd sink or swim while Heidfeld had just come off an equally disappointing rookie season as the one Klien has just had.

As for DC, I suppose it depends how high you rate him. Above all else, a team wants a good peddler in the seat and I don't think he's made too good a case for himself this year.