Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Sep 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3848525)   #151
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Furniture Row shutting up shop and Truex/ Pearn rumoured all over the place but most strongly at JGR replacing Suarez.

Tellingly, it's sponsor leaving - and clearly no replacement lined up - behind this; if the current champion team is struggling for sponsorship then I would think it's a very harsh environment for any team at the mo?

Unless I missed it Hendrick still hasn't got a sponsor announced for Jimmie Johnsons car either...
Old 9 Sep 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3849075)   #152
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Nope, NASCAR themselves have taken up MASSIVE amounts of the sponsorship dollars to be corporate partners. Why be with a team that may not win when you can be the to the whole series, no driver to do something stupid, no crew chief to deal with suspensions. Well you do have the idiots in charge but that doesn't seem to hurt sponsors like a driver can.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3849226)   #153
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Monster are off at the end of the year though, so either they decided NASCAR viewers aren't their target audience after all or have better value for money spending their sponsorship dollars elsewhere?
Old 11 Sep 2018, 02:16 (Ref:3849286)   #154
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone else know the Brickyard 400 was run today? No? I didn't either until I caught some random blurb on random station...
Old 11 Sep 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3849295)   #155
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, but only after a pop up from NASCAR app on my phone during the xfinity race - which also ran Monday. Looked like the stands were near empty (for xfinity). In bed before Cup! 🙁
Old 13 Sep 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3849954)   #156
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Not 2018 but future driver possibly
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3850139)   #157
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Daytona? It would be more interesting to see him at Bristol or Darlington.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3850145)   #158
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Daytona? It would be more interesting to see him at Bristol or Darlington.
Agreed but there's only 1 Daytona 500 and only 1 person to win Le Mans overall and the 500. He may want to match Super Tex.
Old 1 Oct 2018, 02:32 (Ref:3853700)   #159
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!Purist is going for a new lap record!
Well, I was certainly worn out by the end of the roval race today.

Now, on a brighter note, Sears Point is announcing the reinstatement of the old, 2.52-mile layout for the Cup series for next year.
Old 1 Oct 2018, 21:03 (Ref:3853918)   #160
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Well, I was certainly worn out by the end of the roval race today.

Now, on a brighter note, Sears Point is announcing the reinstatement of the old, 2.52-mile layout for the Cup series for next year.
Carousel comes to mind unless I'm mixing things up... how many years ago since NASCAR ran that layout?
Old 1 Oct 2018, 22:25 (Ref:3853930)   #161
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Carousel comes to mind unless I'm mixing things up... how many years ago since NASCAR ran that layout?
Yup, Carousel is the complex. And it's been since 1997 since they ran the "full" course.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3854002)   #162
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yup, Carousel is the complex. And it's been since 1997 since they ran the "full" course.
For those who know more about NASCAR than I do, was the full circuit better for racing? Is this a step up?
Old 2 Oct 2018, 10:20 (Ref:3854009)   #163
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
For those who know more about NASCAR than I do, was the full circuit better for racing? Is this a step up?
Well, in a couple of weeks the SCCA Runoffs will be held at Sonoma, and the layout map indicates that they're using the carousel. The races are supposed to be streamed as they have been since 2009, so tune in(or, if timing doesn't allow for it, check out the stream archives once they go up a couple weeks later) to check out the GT1 class to get something of an idea what it might be like for when NASCAR comes by - they'll be the closest thing to NASCAR that you'll be able to see until June. They're going to be the first class up on the first race day - October 19th at 8:30 AM local (Pacific Standard) time.

If you'd like to know more... Well, I've just been parroting the information contained on the site, so here y'go: https://www.scca.com/runoffs I'll be glad to help provide information not contained(or sufficiently detailed) on the site, though.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3854041)   #164
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I like the short course both there and at the Glen. Both suit the cars and racing better, imho.

However, I kind of over Sonoma. It would be nice to mix another road course in for the top series.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3854062)   #165
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm not sure the longer course does much to add to the race for stock cars,, they were making the infield of "The Roval" (because apparently Daytona doesn't have an important one as well??) look pretty narrow at times and it's pretty damn wide most places. I don't remember much Indy action through there but then there isn't much action at Sonoma at any point on the track with them so maybe not a good comparison.