Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

GOODWOOD REVIVAL
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

7 Sep 2018 to 9 Sep 2018 07:30 to 17:30
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

No more to be added- for some the ultimate historic race weekend.

Old 14 Aug 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3843548)   #16
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Iíve been told by a member of the late Jack Sears family that the race in his memory is scheduled for Saturday. No more info than that, Iím afraid!
Old 14 Aug 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3843573)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the idea is a 20 minute race with a 1958 grid.

The Live stream is superb. by far the best way to watch the actual RACING.
Old 14 Aug 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3843631)   #18
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood is a great track with excellent viewing, however the Revival in my opinion is not really for racing enthusuasts.

Whilst there is a lot going on, particularly if you like pedal cars, you will be happy but if its car racing you want you may be disappointed.

Last years Sunday timetable ( according to the internet ) showed gates open at 07.30. Imagine its now 14.10, you have been there nearly 7 hours and so far there have been just 3 car races. the total car racing time is about one hour?

If you want to dress up, marvel at Glam Cabs and Laurel and Hardy, men digging a hole in the road (if they are all still going!)plus the best dressed winner parade, Goodwood Revival is the place for you.

If you want to see plenty of car racing, well, as the nice man in the Goodwood office told me on my last visit a few years ago, " you should go to the Silverstone Classic, there's loads of racing there!"
Old 15 Aug 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3843711)   #19
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not attended since 2013, going this year and must say disapointed with programme, at least what is known of it. Yes too much pandering to " hurray Henry brigade " too little for genuine enthusiasts. St Marys trophy is for Austin A35's again ? Anyone confirm ? Am thinking MM is more for me now, but refuse to pay for fellowship membership just to qualify for tickets which members dont want.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3843714)   #20
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
According to the Revival website the St Maryís Trophy is for 60s cars this year, which would make sense as were not featured last time.....
Old 15 Aug 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3843724)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
St Marys Trophy, for saloon cars that look a bit like pre '66 ones built by BTCC teams on shaker rigs last week.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3843731)   #22
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
St Marys Trophy, for saloon cars that look a bit like pre '66 ones built by BTCC teams on shaker rigs last week.
Now now....

Who said ďMany a true word spoken in jest?Ē
Old 15 Aug 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3843754)   #23
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sooner they throw the BTCC "guests drivers " out the better. Raising the profile but lowering driving standards. My other half, visiting for first time, has her outfit and is looking forward to this more than I am.....which says it all🤐
Old 15 Aug 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3843838)   #24
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm View Post
Sooner they throw the BTCC "guests drivers " out the better. Raising the profile but lowering driving standards. My other half, visiting for first time, has her outfit and is looking forward to this more than I am.....which says it all🤐
Well, there will not be any BTCC drivers at the 2018 MM as it clashes with BTCC round 1 at Brands!
Old 16 Aug 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3843945)   #25
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Well, there will not be any BTCC drivers at the 2018 MM as it clashes with BTCC round 1 at Brands!
There likely won’t be any current BTCC drivers, but what about all the old ones......

Anyone visiting the Revival just to see Jenson Button will be disappointed, as the suggested JD Classics entry for him is not happening, according to Autosport today. The company has also decided not to enter a car for Chris Ward, normally a front runner in any of the Jaguar Heritage fleet.....
Old 16 Aug 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3843948)   #26
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There likely wonít be any current BTCC drivers, but what about all the old ones......

Anyone visiting the Revival just to see Jenson Button will be disappointed, as the suggested JD Classics entry for him is not happening, according to Autosport today. The company has also decided not to enter a car for Chris Ward, normally a front runner in any of the Jaguar Heritage fleet.....
From what I remember from last year Chris Ward drove more like a BTCC driver than anyone which was unnecessary, he's a good driver who shouldn't need to make so much contact. maybe that has something to do with the decision?
Old 16 Aug 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3843952)   #27
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at a Revival a few years ago (2012?) before the more recent trends for numerous high profile BTCC drivers in front running cars started to appear. Rob Huff, who by then had moved on to the WTCC, was driving a mid-grid car and I remember thinking at the time I hadn't seen much (if any) publicity about him. My thinking then was 'good for him' to see a young and at the time very successful driver competing in the event with no big publicity fanfare.

The same applied to Andy Jordan who I also saw many times competing in more 'routine' historic events e.g. at Donington. Although it could be argued since then he's more to the fore in the current BTCC set at Goodwood.

But there's certainly been a conscious move by Goodwood to bring in and promote the more 'direct' crop of drivers. To the detriment of the event maybe?
Old 16 Aug 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3843954)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

England
I don't think you can criticise the driving of saloons by pro's, any more you can the owners, some are very quick, others not so, some stay cool, some don't.

It's the attitude and approach to preparation and the cars themselves which varies wildly, and frankly, shouldn't. They're supposed to be standard production cars with a few tweaks. To be vaguely competitive now requires something completely different.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3843958)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"It's my party and I cry if I want to."

Charles January.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3843962)   #30
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
"It's my party and I cry if I want to."

Charles January.

Charles January?