Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3517206)   #851
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The German GP will not happen in 2015.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/nu...man-gp-in-2015

Bernie cannot reach an agreement with either of the possible circuits.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3517273)   #852
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The German GP will not happen in 2015.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/nu...man-gp-in-2015

Bernie cannot reach an agreement with either of the possible circuits.
In other words both tracks have had enough of being ripped off by Bernie and his cronies. Good for them. I feel sorry for the fans who wanted to attend, I only hope the Austrian GP is viable for them.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 00:26 (Ref:3517306)   #853
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
In other words both tracks have had enough of being ripped off by Bernie and his cronies. Good for them. I feel sorry for the fans who wanted to attend, I only hope the Austrian GP is viable for them.
The state of F1.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 06:38 (Ref:3517342)   #854
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now Bernie can add the exciting Azerbaijan and Thailand GPs to the calendar.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3517565)   #855
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is quite an interesting article from Andrew Benson, the BBC's chief F1 writer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31942154
Old 20 Mar 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3517578)   #856
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't quite believe what is happening at the moment in the world of F1, yet, what else could you expect as things has been pointing in that direction for a long time now.

I seriously fear that - if the current direction of the sport is kept - it doesn't last even a decade from now.
Old 21 Mar 2015, 04:28 (Ref:3517673)   #857
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i dont think bernie's taken it off as much as neither circuit really can justify the cash given their financial situations and the lack of profit from actually hosting it. it's weird that france could almost manage it but bailed out in the end - that was the change in government wasn't it?

gp2 and gp3 will be missing a couple of rounds now, so they'll probably end up with a mid-season round somewhere obscure like jerez or valencia or somewhere like that.
Wouldn't it be great if it was Donington?!

About as much chance of that as....
Old 21 Mar 2015, 06:10 (Ref:3517680)   #858
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This is quite an interesting article from Andrew Benson, the BBC's chief F1 writer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31942154
Interesting article.
Benson could have added more pun if he stated that even the Truck GP at Nurby, on same weekend as the Hockenheim F1 GP, had a better attendance all weekend long.
Old 23 Mar 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3518606)   #859
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes if stories are correct offered to pay half the deficit of a 2015 GP but felt it was not their job to go any further.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...save-german-gp
Old 23 Mar 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3518712)   #860
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Mercedes if stories are correct offered to pay half the deficit of a 2015 GP but felt it was not their job to go any further.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...save-german-gp
im not sure how i feel about this.

on one hand good for them for trying to help even though its not their responsibility to help.

on the other hand, i cant help but think that if merc really wanted to help then they should allow the engine regs to be reopened. if f1 wasnt such a forgone conclusion then more people might turn up at track.

apples and oranges i know.
Old 23 Mar 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3518713)   #861
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes dominating the sport isn't the main reason for the German Grand Prix disappearing...
Old 23 Mar 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3518714)   #862
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Mercedes dominating the sport isn't the main reason for the German Grand Prix disappearing...
I put it down to the exorbitant sanctioning fee demanded by Ecclestone and the high ticket prices commanded by the track owners in order to cover their costs and pay for the sanctioning fee.
Old 23 Mar 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3518716)   #863
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
actually one of the reason they are citing is too much German superiority in F1.

but yeah i was connecting two very separate and distinct issues. The reason listed in the post above is clearly the main factor.
Old 24 Mar 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3518886)   #864
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
It looks like another GP is on the risk list. The Malaysian organisers are in discussions with Bernie about a contract for the next 3 years and are not satisfied with the terms they are being offered by FOM.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30320.html

Sounds familiar, Bernie looking for more money no doubt. I hope the Malaysians are able to hold out.
I know that there are also talks with the Italian GP organisers and it will be interesting to see the outcome of those.
The circuit is one of Tilke's better designs and is a good test of man and machine.
Old 24 Mar 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3518980)   #865
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I put it down to the exorbitant sanctioning fee demanded by Ecclestone and the high ticket prices commanded by the track owners in order to cover their costs and pay for the sanctioning fee.
Which basically comes down to the exorbitant sanctioning fee.
Old 24 Mar 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3519115)   #866
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Pattern forming here?

I'm sick of this. They're bleeding F1 dry. Soon there'll be 3/4 car teams, running around tracks I do not care about. And then that'll be me done.

I already feel like i'm losing an old friend as it is.

Sick of it! Just bloody share the money equally and let's all prosper!!!

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3519976)   #867
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernie Ecclestone has been revered for decades as the man with the midas touch, Mr.F1, Commercial Genius and Wizard. Well maybe he was once but today he's no more than a greedy, distasteful little man steering F1 into oblivion.
He is a liability for the sport and must go........now.

To lose the French GP was bad, to lose the German GP as well is just unforgivable. These two nations have the largest economies in Europe, a thriving car industry and have been at the heart of motorsport since the very beginning. On any level, Ecclestone has made a major blunder based on nothing other than pure greed. These mistakes will have implications....not immediately, but over time they will.

Add the Australian GP multiplied by 19 and 2015 could be the beginning of the end.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3519979)   #868
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Though the emphasis is on circuits, I thought this article was relevant regarding traditional GPs and future GPs.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...898.1424698622
Old 26 Mar 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3520016)   #869
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certain Grand Prix should be "Ring Fenced", staged at cost if necessary or even supported by the teams,the FIA and Ecclestone himself.Races in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and the UK should be guaranteed and underwritten.

Their value and heritage bring value to the sport in a way that can't be calculated in monetary terms.............they are priceless.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:12 (Ref:3520118)   #870
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Certain Grand Prix should be "Ring Fenced", staged at cost if necessary or even supported by the teams,the FIA and Ecclestone himself.Races in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and the UK should be guaranteed and underwritten.

Their value and heritage bring value to the sport in a way that can't be calculated in monetary terms.............they are priceless.
As BJ pointed out, it is a nice opportunity for Indycar to jump in and supply the "traditional" venues with open wheeler racing, although there is GP2 F3 and a couple of good formulae that actually still provide good racing.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3520207)   #871
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
As BJ pointed out, it is a nice opportunity for Indycar to jump in and supply the "traditional" venues with open wheeler racing, although there is GP2 F3 and a couple of good formulae that actually still provide good racing.
Won't be GP2, that's controled by Bernie.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3520221)   #872
littleman
Veteran

True indeed, but they're not F1 Grand Prix cars and this is where the heritage, tradition and value lies.

The sport is losing these priceless races because of just one man - Bernie Ecclestone. He dictates exactly what the circuit must provide and charges a price which is clearly not viable for many a promoter. If he doesn't get what he wants he'll just sell the slot to anyone else that meets his demands......typical practice for a second hand car dealer.

I think the FIA should strip Eccelstone of the Commercial Rights he acquired way back in the 60s/70s and take control themselves....in the best interests of the sport.

I don't think it would be too difficult to demonstrate that Eccelstone is no longer a fit and proper person to hold such Rights.......his business conduct is a matter of record as is his honesty and integrity.Should a man like this still be selling F1 to the World..........on behalf of the FIA?
Old 28 Mar 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3520907)   #873
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
The latest from Bernie, per the AP:

Quote:
Hockenheim has a contract for next year."That doesn't make a difference," Ecclestone said. "A lot of people have a contract.

"The trouble in Germany was the Nurburgring spent an awful lot of money which they borrowed, didn't need to spend what they spent, and therefore didn't need to borrow the amount they borrowed," Ecclestone said. "They forgot to pay it back, and that caused a few ripples. It sent a bad message."
And:

Quote:
Ecclestone said the loss of all races from the sport's European heartland "would be terrible," but later said "whatever goes, goes" when asked about the future of the Italian Grand Prix.

"It's funny how these people dig up all this money for things like the Olympics, swimming championships, European athletics, and God knows what else to boost the country," Ecclestone said.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3520939)   #874
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that first quote is a pretty good point. and a good warning sign to silverstone who keep promising to put themselves in exactly the same situation.

the second quote is also a good one, within reason and not knowing how much he's asking for. the f1 is incredibly important to italy but it's not a tourist thing is it, it's an italian cultural thing. so are they investing in their culture, which just so happens to be filling the pockets of an old wily multi billionaire, or are they just handing money over to look cool?
Old 1 Apr 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3522641)   #875
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Ivan Capelli is to meet Bernie in Monaco over the future of the Italian GP at Monza.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30418.html

He does not seem too happy with the terms being offered by Bernie and there are financial hurdles to be faced as well.

I wonder could Bernie be trying to do a deal with Imola but have not heard anything from there in recent times.