Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4089328)   #2626
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m surprised so many on sky!
Old 13 Dec 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4089330)   #2627
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’m surprised so many on sky!
Sky also showed it on one of their non-sports channels that is 'free' in the basic package.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4089385)   #2628
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
There is a pretty much universal view among the ex-drivers on the Sky and C4 teams that Verstappen’s driving is overly aggressive. Whether that is ‘favouring Hamilton’ depends on how much someone sees things as a binary choice whereby being critical of one driver means you are biased in favour of the other.
Everyone thinks he's overly aggressive by times. He's that driver that occupies the space in each decade of the being the 'volatile' one that prioritises heart over head. And over the line he goes on occasion.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was bias towards Red Bull given the background of some of Ch4's team. I don't watch CH4 so I don't know.

But partisanship isn't a big sin with me. I just want good natured fellows to inform me of what's going on so I don't have to dig or wonder. They can leave the morality of things for me to have an opinion about.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 19:25 (Ref:4089387)   #2629
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Whilst many of us agree concerning the paywall issue, to suggest Sky and its presenters are "scum" is unbecoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Couldn’t agree more with this C4 have done a great job, hard trying to avoid results during the day but part of the fun no way on earth would I pay extra for the scum that is sky. This sport should be on non pay per view tv without doubt criminal it isint.
Nothing here to suggest presenters! All I stated is Sky take of that what you will.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4089391)   #2630
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Nothing here to suggest presenters! All I stated is Sky take of that what you will.

What is your opinion of Comcast, then? Because they now own SKY and the Maxwells have no interest in the company.

I must admit I am not overly fond of the Maxwells or some of the people that they have employed over the years, especially in the UK print division of News International, or whatever the Maxwell conglomerate is now called, but SKY is just yet another large broadcaster.

And I also wouldn't want to have to pay for their services, either.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4089395)   #2631
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What is your opinion of Comcast, then? Because they now own SKY and the Maxwells have no interest in the company.

I must admit I am not overly fond of the Maxwells or some of the people that they have employed over the years, especially in the UK print division of News International, or whatever the Maxwell conglomerate is now called, but SKY is just yet another large broadcaster.

Can’t say I have heard of them! Pay my license fee for normal tv because one has too will not pay for anything else C4 do great job more than happy with Freeview.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4089399)   #2632
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

You mean the Murdochs, Rupert and son James.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4089407)   #2633
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
i think the maxwell family has other things to contend with at the moment
Old 13 Dec 2021, 22:02 (Ref:4089421)   #2634
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Sky also showed it on one of their non-sports channels that is 'free' in the basic package.
I’ve lost track of what you get in the packages with sky now. So anyone with sky can get it rather than those that also subscribe to the relevant sports package.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 22:13 (Ref:4089423)   #2635
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I’ve lost track of what you get in the packages with sky now. So anyone with sky can get it rather than those that also subscribe to the relevant sports package.
This race was shown on a channel called 'Sky showcase'. It replaced what was Sky One in September.
Anyone with a Sky package of any type has showcase included. I think that is why the Sky figure was (relatively) high.

For comparison:
>13million Sky customers would have been able to watch this race with their existing package.
~2million have a subscription that normally includes F1 races live.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4089524)   #2636
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

What a numpty I am; of course I meant the Murdochs.

But I am equally unimpressed with the Maxwells!

Oh, and Comcast is just another very large American broadcaster, that has nothing to do with Murdoch family.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4099742)   #2637
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know this is a UK specific thread, but I am unsure of starting a US based thread (probably not enough demand)

So for the past few years I have been watching F1 via the ESPN (Sky content) via DirecTV (Sat provider here in the US). But I recently "cut the cord" and went fully streaming + OTA for local channels. So I lost my ESPN access.

This left me with needing to find a solution for F1. I could upgrade my existing Disney+ subscription to the bundle that includes ESPN (probably the cheapest solution). I really don't follow any other sports at all. So EPSN would be F1 only.

So I figured I would give the F1 TV streaming service a try this season. So I went with the full experience including data and ability to watch from different cars. I have watched some older races and so far I am liking it. The ability to just watch any car and see the battles is fantastic.

Richard
Old 22 Feb 2022, 15:31 (Ref:4099750)   #2638
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
ESPN comes with Verizon and the sports I get with them which is how I get it. I also had a F1TV subscription, but I cancelled that. Thinking of taking Verizon down to the minimum. Probably mean losing F1.

I didn’t know about the Disney channel sub. We have Disney, but hadn’t noticed an upgrade there.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4099751)   #2639
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
ESPN comes with Verizon and the sports I get with them which is how I get it. I also had a F1TV subscription, but I cancelled that. Thinking of taking Verizon down to the minimum. Probably mean losing F1.

I didn’t know about the Disney channel sub. We have Disney, but hadn’t noticed an upgrade there.
There is a bundle that is available from Disney+ that gives you Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. I think costs are...

Base Disney+ is $7.99/month
Bundle (Hulu with ads) $13.99/month
Bundle (Hulu without ads) $19.99/month

After this season, I will see if I want to continue with F1 TV or revert to ESPN (probably via that bundle)

(Note... Disney owns all three of those streaming services, so that is why its easy for them to work a bundle)

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 22 Feb 2022 at 15:49.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4099753)   #2640
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
I really don't know why getting SKY sports channels is so expensive over here, and especially for viewers such as myself who have Virgin Media cable. I've just looked up an upgrade for my package, and it comes at a staggering £31.75 per month (currently $43.14). And Virgin Media is now owned by Liberty, which seems crazy. Oh, and if I didn't get a heavy long-term customer discount, that would be in addition to my current package which would normally cost £82.00 per month, which is for a landline, TV and 100 MBPS broadband. And that is supposed to go up by a further £5.75 per month on the 1st March which would bring it to $11923.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4099754)   #2641
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's never been cheap, you need the right package to afford it. Sky like making their customers pay quite a bit for their package. And I can see why people are prepared to pay that much
Old 22 Feb 2022, 17:12 (Ref:4099762)   #2642
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sky has its annual price increase, 1st April... if other websites are to be believed the Sports Package isn't changing price this year.

But I'm sure the overall will go up as they will probably the put up the price of the "must have" basic pack.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 18:29 (Ref:4099772)   #2643
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wrong thread.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 20:56 (Ref:4099939)   #2644
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First test with the new regs. What a pity Sky didn’t send a grown up… as Childish and self centred as ever….
Old 9 Mar 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4101796)   #2645
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not specifically TV but from Sky Sports, they are bringing in a new programme on a post race Monday that will be broadcast on their Youtube channel.

Fronted by Naomi Schiff, who is a former Formula W driver and ambassador

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...s-race-analyst

I don't know whether their Youtube channel is Geolocked but hopefully it can be accessed or made available in some other ways.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4102615)   #2646
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I find it interesting and also enraging what others pay in other parts of the world. One of my Belgian colleagues said that his Sky bill is under half what we pay in the UK and he gets all the movies all the sports channels etc. We had to kill off a number of services on our bill as it was over £100 a month which is just ridiculous to be frank.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4102638)   #2647
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss the Netflix thing, but I watched some of it from past seasons over the winter and I can kinda understand why Verstappen was annoyed with the Drive to Survive producers as even I could tell that there was some mild manipulation going on.

I heard some swear words ("F****** madness") said by Gunter Steiner which were lifted from another incident played over a different incident.

I also saw some reactions by team members pasted in from another event, so if a team had won say in Red Bull Ring, there was a shot from Silverstone added in of the team cheering and handshaking etc.

Do you think that kind of thing goes too far?
Old 16 Mar 2022, 03:03 (Ref:4102702)   #2648
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Talking of cost, do you know how much it costs me to watch D2S? Absolutely nothing.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 04:37 (Ref:4102709)   #2649
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Aside from roughly 8.5hrs of your time
Old 16 Mar 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4102749)   #2650
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not even that.

Tags
pinks