Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3886279)   #1426
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ted had a knack for making technical stuff easier to understand. Sometimes it was a bit below the level of us ultra geeks (although not always), but it worked wonders for the general public.

Ted and Brundle are the ones you absolutely need out of the thousand of so presenters they've had between BBC, ITV and Sky. Everyone else is completely replaceable.

Hopefully, Ted has work elsewhere. I personally would like to see him as part of the WEC web broadcasts.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3886284)   #1427
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I will really miss Ted, I enjoyed his laid back presentation style, and he knew his stuff. F1s loss! Pity!
Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3886286)   #1428
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I will really miss Ted, I enjoyed his laid back presentation style, and he knew his stuff. F1s loss! Pity!
+1 on that.
I used to enjoy his 'notebook' sessions after a GP.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3886290)   #1429
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m intrigued as to how young Billy M will be utilised by C4. Delighted for him, he comes over as very mature for his age, and in my opinion working on TV will not be wasted time. As long as it doesn’t get in the way of his own racing, of course!
Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3886294)   #1430
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes your last point bothers me. I hope he hasn't been sidelined. I think he'll bring something to the coverage that it possibly.lacks and that is the younger viewpoint. He won't care about engine noises etc.

As to Karun. He's been taking some flak on Twitter. Personally I'll miss his input but he will be a boon to Sky. Kravitz has just discovered the temporary nature of tv journalism. He won't be the last. But as has been said he'd be Great on WEC coverage.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3886327)   #1431
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Personally whilst Ted always provided good info, he was becoming a bit 'sarcy' and at times seemed fed up.
Plus the Ted-Crofty points scoring pedantry was getting out of hand so I am sorry they both haven't gone. It seemed they couldn't stand each other.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3886374)   #1432
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From the probability game that is Wikipedia:

"Kravitz has three daughters, born in 2011, 2012 and 2018."

So... given that there's a lot of frothing going on about Ted losing his job, is it perhaps just as likely that he's decided to take a break and "spend some time with his family", as it were?
Old 24 Feb 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3886382)   #1433
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've also read a suggestion that Ant Davidson may not be returning to the Sky F1 coverage this season. That is much less of a surprise given that he has been doing fewer and fewer weekends as his racing and simulator commitments are his prime source of work.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3886383)   #1434
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't have Sky coverage but the few times I have seen Ted's after race notebook, either at the pub or a friend's place, it explained some of the things that had caused the race to unfold in a particular manner.That being the time that Channel 4 will have to be showing their highlight package-he would fit in well and Karun Chandok won't be there to do that part of it.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3886389)   #1435
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
From the probability game that is Wikipedia:

"Kravitz has three daughters, born in 2011, 2012 and 2018."

So... given that there's a lot of frothing going on about Ted losing his job, is it perhaps just as likely that he's decided to take a break and "spend some time with his family", as it were?
What I think is telling is the silence from Sky corporate, the team members and from Ted himself.

If he was taking let's say a sabbatical, I think he would have made that known, but right now the silence is deafening.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3886390)   #1436
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
What I think is telling is the silence from Sky corporate, the team members and from Ted himself.

If he was taking let's say a sabbatical, I think he would have made that known, but right now the silence is deafening.
But if the reason is some awful personal or family circumstance, then you could understand why there's being nothing said.

I find it slightly distasteful, myself, that the witch hunt gang (not here!) immediately arrive when Something Is Wrong On The Internet and demand answers with menaces, when the very reason there are no answers... well, y'know. Fingers crossed it isn't that, but we should never discount it.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3886459)   #1437
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Weird fact: He real name is Theodore Slotover! Anyone know why he went with Ted Kravitz?
Old 25 Feb 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3886466)   #1438
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Weird fact: He real name is Theodore Slotover! Anyone know why he went with Ted Kravitz?
Now if I kept a diary of the weirdest things I'd learned in a day this information would be heading straight in there, in BLOCK CAPITALS!
Old 25 Feb 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3886473)   #1439
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A real pity about Ted going.Whoever replaces him will have to be good.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3886477)   #1440
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The Kravitz name comes from his mother's side of the family; his parents are Robert and Jill (née Kravitz) Slotover. Apparently he changed to the Kravitz name because Slotover was not F1-y enough.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3886478)   #1441
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Lenny Slotover famous singer.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3886515)   #1442
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm,

Lenny Slotover famous singer.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3886556)   #1443
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He is listed as part of the team in this post ... https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...formula-1-2019

Edit ... he's staying https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...9-f1-coverage/
Old 25 Feb 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3886610)   #1444
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So it seems a lot of worry about nothing
Old 25 Feb 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3886617)   #1445
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Other than Brundle tweeting out the article on the Sky Sports website, which other than adding a list that includes Teds name, contains no other new information.

I still think the lack of comment from the rest of the team suggests something isn't or wasn't quite right. But we may never know.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 23:57 (Ref:3886629)   #1446
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Other than Brundle tweeting out the article on the Sky Sports website, which other than adding a list that includes Teds name, contains no other new information.

I still think the lack of comment from the rest of the team suggests something isn't or wasn't quite right. But we may never know.
Looks like they were trying to screw Ted over, and the reaction they provoked indicated that it wasn't in their interests to keep going, so they recanted.

Anyway, great to see Ted will be back, just hope his role remains unchanged.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 23:10 (Ref:3886939)   #1447
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or he was never actually dropped?
Old 28 Feb 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3887250)   #1448
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Deary me what a palava
Old 28 Feb 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3887256)   #1449
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Looks like they were trying to screw Ted over, and the reaction they provoked indicated that it wasn't in their interests to keep going, so they recanted.

Anyway, great to see Ted will be back, just hope his role remains unchanged.
We can all breath a sigh of relief.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3887259)   #1450
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Apparently, Motorsport.tv are launching a free-to-air service.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/141802

Tags
pinks