Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4077474)   #2801
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm with Griff on this, Monaco.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4077475)   #2802
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The last few pages of this thread are...

It's not even that I disagree, but the level of detachment from reality is impressive to behold. I say this with affection, as I love you all...
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4078060)   #2803
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
It wasn't my intention to kill the thread! I feel bad now .
Old 14 Oct 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4078423)   #2804
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s ok, we’re stay waiting for the official 2022 calendar to come out. I just hope it has enough quality GPs on it
Old 15 Oct 2021, 02:01 (Ref:4078519)   #2805
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ray of light for Albert Park.New South Wales has just announced quarantine free entry for people from overseas from 1 November.Now we just need Victoria to do the same thing.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 05:03 (Ref:4078537)   #2806
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Ray of light for Albert Park.New South Wales has just announced quarantine free entry for people from overseas from 1 November.Now we just need Victoria to do the same thing.
2 steps back.In deference to his hillbilly voter base Morrison has said that while he will allow quarantine free entry for double vaxxed,negative test Australians he won’t allow it for double vaxxed,negative test non Australians.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4078562)   #2807
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure Albert Park will return. Things are getting back to normal in Australia after too long. We should hopefully have an Oz GP next year
Old 15 Oct 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4078572)   #2808
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am sure Albert Park will return. Things are getting back to normal in Australia after too long. We should hopefully have an Oz GP next year
Back to normal?! Not on the Eastern seaboard!
Old 15 Oct 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4078610)   #2809
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is the provisional 2022 Formula 1 calendar.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...kend_Unengaged
Old 15 Oct 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4078617)   #2810
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Having that Miami race after the start of the European calendar just seems like a dumb compromise of having too many races. It would make sense to tie it with Canada but that would mean no break after Azerbaijan or before GB. Why not just race in Miami after Australia (if it happens) and push back San Marino a week?

Last edited by Beau2; 15 Oct 2021 at 17:07.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4078631)   #2811
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Miami has a LOT of events on their calendar that have been around for years. I would guess that's the time worked out with their events and weather. You are NOT running Miami after May, June-Sept is a MESS with humidity and every afternoon it pours. And when that stops hurricanes take up the slack. Technically hurricane season is June-Dec and skewed to mid-August to Dec. They are stuck with an early in the season race and that's when they run multiple fashion events and art stuff, and yes they are huge in town and take up lots of space and hotels.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 22:45 (Ref:4078652)   #2812
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Back to normal?! Not on the Eastern seaboard!
Yeah - getting back to normal on the Eastern seaboard. Not all the way there (yet) but announcements made, plans laid and we're heading there - by mid/late November we should be either all the way or very close to "normal".
Old 16 Oct 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4078657)   #2813
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Miami has a LOT of events on their calendar that have been around for years. I would guess that's the time worked out with their events and weather. You are NOT running Miami after May, June-Sept is a MESS with humidity and every afternoon it pours. And when that stops hurricanes take up the slack. Technically hurricane season is June-Dec and skewed to mid-August to Dec. They are stuck with an early in the season race and that's when they run multiple fashion events and art stuff, and yes they are huge in town and take up lots of space and hotels.
Thanks for the insight. It just seems crazy to fly on three separate trips to North America following Grand Prix that are based in Europe.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 02:57 (Ref:4078671)   #2814
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Having that Miami race after the start of the European calendar just seems like a dumb compromise of having too many races. It would make sense to tie it with Canada but that would mean no break after Azerbaijan or before GB. Why not just race in Miami after Australia (if it happens) and push back San Marino a week?
The original draft went Australia to China to Miami to Imola.Between then and now China have pulled out and Miami was completely locked in for 8 May rather than changing to follow Australia on 24 April.It would be interesting to know why Miami couldn’t have been moved forward 2 weeks which would have been more logical.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4078696)   #2815
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
All of those restrictive considerations around Miami kind of makes you wonder why it was sooo important to have a race there!
First we had the local objections, then the actual layout plans. Get that sorted only to discover there's only about 3 or 4 weeks in the whole year that it can actually work??

Bonkers.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4078763)   #2816
S griffin
Veteran

It does make you wonder indeed why they made all that effort, if it’s really not worth the effort

Fair play to them for organising it, but it was a lot of hard work and they can’t pick and choose when to have it , so it doesn’t make much sense to do use all that time and effort. So that’s a strange one
Old 16 Oct 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4078798)   #2817
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
All of those restrictive considerations around Miami kind of makes you wonder why it was sooo important to have a race there!

First we had the local objections, then the actual layout plans. Get that sorted only to discover there's only about 3 or 4 weeks in the whole year that it can actually work??

Bonkers.
Reading the machinations of how it came together reminded me of listening to my dad talk about dealing with Miami in the 80s with Pam Am Express. Lots of money to burn and desire to be seen on the world stage, Miami is not really seen as the city it wants to be. And I would guess thinking they stole something from NYC is huge too.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 23:49 (Ref:4078804)   #2818
S griffin
Veteran

So with Miami, some things haven’t changed then? I guess that adds to the charm of the city in some ways, but it also means it can be a bit less developed than other cities
Old 19 Oct 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4079166)   #2819
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So with Miami, some things haven’t changed then? I guess that adds to the charm of the city in some ways, but it also means it can be a bit less developed than other cities
One city's vice often gets forgotten...
Old 22 Oct 2021, 00:18 (Ref:4079417)   #2820
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
One city's vice often gets forgotten...
Do you mean Crockett and Tubbs...
Old 22 Oct 2021, 06:15 (Ref:4079433)   #2821
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Do you mean Crockett and Tubbs...
Sleeves must be rolled down for qualifying and race, chaps
Old 22 Oct 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4079441)   #2822
S griffin
Veteran

Might have to get nostalgic about Albert Park soon:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fr...ports/6695699/
Old 23 Oct 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4079547)   #2823
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Might have to get nostalgic about Albert Park soon:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fr...ports/6695699/
I live in Sydney and this is a stupid idea that fortunately has no chance of happening.All it will do is drive up the price Melbourne will have to pay on the next contract.
By the way the actual roads they are proposing would give you a street circuit with the worst features of the old Detroit street circuit and Monaco.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4079559)   #2824
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I don't know if this has been done before, but how would you shape your perfect calendar for the F1 season? Here is mine; I was going to have a 20-race season, as I think that is the right number, but didn't want to drop any of the final 21 I cut down to, so have made it a 21-race season.

1. Australian GP - Albert Park
This always has to be the first race of the season. There's nothing quite like getting up in the early hours for race one of the new F1 season, and it hasn't been the same with Bahrain these last few seasons.
2. Malaysian GP - Sepang
A track I have missed since it was dropped, and the scene of one of my favourite ever races in 2012.
3. Bahrain GP - Sakhir
This one has grown on me in recent seasons, but shouldn't be the opening round.
4. Portuguese GP - Portimao
A great track for side-by-side racing, my favourite of the new tracks visited in 2020.
5. Spanish GP - Catalunya
Not a popular track, but one I enjoy watching, and also the scene of my first Grand Prix.
6. Monaco GP - Monte Carlo
Not great for overtaking, but still a track I would hate to see ever removed from the calendar.
7. Canadian GP - Montreal
Another excellent track that almost always provides good racing and that I have missed recently. And the scene of what I believe to be the greatest race of all time in 2011.
8. Azerbaijan GP - Baku
Always provides good racing. David Croft's words after the 2018 were, 'crazy, crazy, crazy race. Can we race in Baku every week?'
9. Austrian GP - Red Bull Ring
One of the best races on the current calendar for side-by-side action.
10. British GP - Silverstone
I believe this is the best track for Formula 1. Great to watch the cars, and great for close racing.
11. German GP - Nurburgring/Hockenheim (alternating years)
Germany has two great tracks, neither of which are on the current calendar, unfortunately, but I'd love to have both back, alternating like they used to.
12. Hungarian GP - Hungaroring
A track that often provides great races despite being difficult to overtake on.
13. Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps
The second best track in the world for Formula 1, in my opinion. Should never be removed from the calendar.
14. Italian GP - Monza
With more races in the history of F1 than any other track, this is one with too much history to ever drop.
15. San Marino GP - Imola
A track that has had a very welcome revival due to the strange calendar required for 2020.
16. European GP - Brands Hatch/Donington Park (alternating)
This would be extremely difficult to actually make happen, particularly for Brands, but these are two tracks which I love and think it would be amazing if we could have a modern F1 race there. I don't think this will happen.
17. Dutch GP - Zandvoort
Finally returned to the calendar in 2021 and what a great track it is. It is a joy to watch the cars on those banked corners.
18. Singapore GP - Marina Bay
Doesn't usually provide great racing, but is a race I enjoy nonetheless. If I had to drop one for a 20-race calendar, it would be Singapore.
19. Japanese GP - Suzuka
A very much missed track these last two years, despite not always producing great races.
20. United States GP - Circuit of the Americas
The scene of this weekend's race has been a welcome addition to the calendar in the last ten years.
21. Brazilian GP - Interlagos
It is wrong that this has not been the scene of the final race of the season since 2013, and that needs to change. Produces great final round action.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4079577)   #2825
S griffin
Veteran

Most of that list is fine, but IMO there needs to be a GP in France, which is missing from there. It’s the birthplace of both motor racing and Grand Prix racing. For me it was a travesty it was off the calendar for so long