Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Aug 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1391208)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LNT and Panoz

I'm a bit suprised no one has posted this yet as it was in Autosport this morning. Team LNT have teamed up with Panoz and will be running 2 Esperantes In europe (LMES, and FIA GT's) in 2006, they also plan to take the cars to Sebring and Le Mans.

The first of the team’s Esperantes is expected to make its debut at the LMES round at Istanbul, in November, the driver should be the same as this year.

Overall thats pretty good news in my book.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1391217)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
It is indeed !
Old 25 Aug 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1391230)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep ..... the cars will be a bright overall orange too . They look pretty striking .I thought Courage had the deal for importing Panoz into Europe ? Does this mean that this might sound the end of a Courage/Elan ?

Anyway , its great to see them over on this side of the pond .
Old 25 Aug 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1391242)   #4
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news , it will add much needed variety in GT2
Old 25 Aug 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1391249)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed great news, and vital if GT2 is to go it alone next year and be sucessful. IMO. Ferrari, Porsche, Panoz, Mosler, and hopefully TVR will all be represented in FIA GT next year. GT2 IMO has the potential to eventually morph into what GTS was, and GT3 could eventually morph into what GT2 was a couple of years ago.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1391282)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LNT is also the European agent for the GT2 car.

We could see many more, hopefully.

Saleen, you can add the DBRS9 to you list of GT2 runners, at least in the LMES.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1391287)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So I guess we're to assume that the Courage distribution deal has fallen through? (Sidebar: I wonder if Panoz is no longer looking at a Courage Elan?)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1391290)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the Panoz appears to be a bit more competitive care compare to the TVR .. so it's good news .

any news about a possible Ferrari 430 GTC ??

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1391312)   #9
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do hope we see LNT's current TVR's being run by someone next year too - would be a shame if the two best TVR's in motorsport went to waste. However, delighted to hear that Panoz and Elan are coming to Europe in one form or another
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1391338)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
any news about a possible Ferrari 430 GTC ??
Yes. Ferrari is concentrating on building 430 Challenge Cars for now.

They will build a 430 GTC if asked, and one is designed, but as of yet nobody with budget has come forth.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1391348)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame - the 360 never quite got there due to Porsche dominance (and probably Ferrari not developing it enough) - with the 430 likely to come into GT racing before the 997, it may give Ferrari a chance for a head start
Old 25 Aug 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1391357)   #12
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it still sound like a tin-can?

The 430 not the Panoz
Old 25 Aug 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1391361)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I dunno, I've not heard a tin-can's engine before
Old 25 Aug 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1391414)   #14
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The news of LNT changing over from TVR to Panoz does not suprise me one bit. When I was over at Monza for the LMES event, the team lunched 5 or 6 engines. One went pop on the warm up and the Hughes car only managed several laps before it beltched out smoke and cried enough.

LNT have had little support from TVR and no monies even though it has been promised.

Good luck chaps.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1391442)   #15
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Good news sure, but that means I may have seen the end of TVR's at Sebring?

On the plus side, more runners developing and sharing means a more competitive opponent to the Porsches!

robert
Old 26 Aug 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1391569)   #16
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news for LNT and not unexpected given the wretched reliability of the TVR's.
I hope LNT can hang onto its drivers, then Porsches in the ELM's will have something to worry about.

I expect the Racesports team will stick with TVR next year, maybe they will even get one of the LNT's car. If they do, I hope they can afford the repair bill!
Old 26 Aug 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1391691)   #17
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news, very competitive cars and I hope they can make GT2 podiums more varied (like in Spa this year)
Old 26 Aug 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1391703)   #18
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best part of the news imo, is that they are planning to compete in both FIA GT and LMES.
I thought that they would compete in FIA GT this year after they quit British GT?
btw: you can find the article, including a picture of the (fantastic!) livery on CRASH.NET
The team definitely deserves an Le Mans entry for 2006.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1391712)   #19
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I'm a bit suprised no one has posted this yet as it was in Autosport this morning. Team LNT have teamed up with Panoz and will be running 2 Esperantes In europe (LMES, and FIA GT's) in 2006, they also plan to take the cars to Sebring and Le Mans.

The first of the team’s Esperantes is expected to make its debut at the LMES round at Istanbul, in November, the driver should be the same as this year.

Overall thats pretty good news in my book.
It was on DSC yesterday, they out bid PK Sport for the contract, Mike Pickup was told he had it but then LNT came in with a late bid. LNT appears to be diversifying after a troubled year with the TVRs!
Old 26 Aug 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1391731)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great to have some Panoz cars in Europe next season!
LNT did a great job with the TVR's so I have no doubts their new project will be competative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Indeed great news, and vital if GT2 is to go it alone next year and be sucessful. IMO. Ferrari, Porsche, Panoz, Mosler, and hopefully TVR will all be represented in FIA GT next year. GT2 IMO has the potential to eventually morph into what GTS was, and GT3 could eventually morph into what GT2 was a couple of years ago.
And maybe Spyker.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1392008)   #21
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
It was on DSC yesterday, they out bid PK Sport for the contract, Mike Pickup was told he had it but then LNT came in with a late bid. LNT appears to be diversifying after a troubled year with the TVRs!
While this is a pity for Pickup and PK Sport, LNT has shown that they have the resources to do a bloody good job with the TVRs (all things considered) on their own budget. PK Sport was a great team, but only looked truly competitive when the Pirelli money (and of course Pirelli's Robin Liddell) was in evidence. The fact that they wilted when that dried up may have something to do with why Panoz chose as they did.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1392016)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
While this is a pity for Pickup and PK Sport, LNT has shown that they have the resources to do a bloody good job with the TVRs (all things considered) on their own budget. PK Sport was a great team, but only looked truly competitive when the Pirelli money (and of course Pirelli's Robin Liddell) was in evidence. The fact that they wilted when that dried up may have something to do with why Panoz chose as they did.
Besides that I think it's more difficult to make a TVR competative than a Porsche. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1392033)   #23
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
With regards to the F430 wonders on this thread - the Ferrari 430 will be developed for the GT2 class. Corse Clienti say the car will be ready for the 2006 season. All of this is from the FIA GT website. There's a clickable news item link but it didn't work for me, came up with a blank page for me.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1392045)   #24
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If PK was that interested I think that could signal they are interested in running a Esperante GT-LM at some point in the future. I think that between the two LNT are the right decision for Panoz. Being that the F430 will be available for 2006, the question is where the first GT2 examples will be running and who will be running them.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1392059)   #25
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely either JMB or GPC would run the F430's in europe next year. That is, unless GPC abandon's their 575's for Aston Martins.. That would leave us with just JMB which would be a logical choice to campaign the F430's... The real question is who will run them in America? Risi has gone the Maserati route, theres no other loyal Ferrari team currently in America.