Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3802879)   #476
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm glad he's staying, he's a good driver and a great character, just what the series needs
so the series needs drivers with great character??? Stupid me that i always thought that talent was the main quality of a driver.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3802880)   #477
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Tom Coronel deserves the seat. Only Comini missing now...
... and Giovanardi, Colciago, Morbidelli, Menu just to make a few name of drivers who would deserve to be there in the championship.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3802886)   #478
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
so the series needs drivers with great character??? Stupid me that i always thought that talent was the main quality of a driver.
Coronel has the credentials to stay in WTCR. It's faster than a lot of young drivers in TCR and WTCC also
He was great with RWD cars, he won in Japan and I think he did well with the indipendent BMW. The Chevy wasn't a great car and Guerrieri is an absolutely talent...do you want to go on?

Quote:
... and Giovanardi, Colciago, Morbidelli, Menu just to make a few name of drivers who would deserve to be there in the championship.
These are absolutely Touring car stars that we will never forget. But let's face it: they are drivers of a past era, it's sad to say but we have to move on...and let's not forget that there is a TCR Italy and TCR Europe, not only the WTCR

It's important to remember that this is a WORLD CUP, not a world championship! There are not officialy teams and so we can't have all the champions of this world. Right now, the only big name missing is Stefano Comini who deserve a drive. Then we have new cars, a lot of great teams and stunning drivers. The time of WTCC is ended and it was dead already after 2010
Old 21 Feb 2018, 13:46 (Ref:3802911)   #479
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree. Add JM Lopez, Andy Prilaux, Jörg and Dirk Müller, Augusto Farfus, James Thompson and so many more to that List. But naming Coronel as someone without credentials is contra factual. And there are definatly slower drivers in the grid.

No driver roster will be perfect, ever.

And still this is the strongest grid for over a decade!
Old 21 Feb 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3802912)   #480
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Wheels of Fire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Colciago, Morbidelli and Giovanardi belong to a past era, what about Tarquini? He is 70
Old 21 Feb 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3802920)   #481
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Coronel has the credentials to stay in WTCR. It's faster than a lot of young drivers in TCR and WTCC also
He was great with RWD cars, he won in Japan and I think he did well with the indipendent BMW. The Chevy wasn't a great car and Guerrieri is an absolutely talent...do you want to go on?

These are absolutely Touring car stars that we will never forget. But let's face it: they are drivers of a past era, it's sad to say but we have to move on...and let's not forget that there is a TCR Italy and TCR Europe, not only the WTCR

It's important to remember that this is a WORLD CUP, not a world championship! There are not officialy teams and so we can't have all the champions of this world. Right now, the only big name missing is Stefano Comini who deserve a drive. Then we have new cars, a lot of great teams and stunning drivers. The time of WTCC is ended and it was dead already after 2010
Tarquini is the oldest driver having 56 years old and yet he is still on top. Colciago Morbidelli and Menu raced until last year too and im sure that Colciago developped the new Civic.

I know very well they are not anymore young cause i follow them since when i was child and im 30 right now but if they are still the faster drivers id like to see them. Coronel is just a normal driver. He can be fast if he find a track that he likes and he can win in particolar situation and that's it. I just don't agrre all this happiness knowing that he will partecipate to wtcr like if it was the Schumacher of touring car.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3802929)   #482
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We never said he was the best, just a driver who we are glad to have on the grid, as he is more than good enough for the series
Old 21 Feb 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3802932)   #483
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I just don't agrre all this happiness knowing that he will partecipate to wtcr like if it was the Schumacher of touring car.
People are glad he is back - there is no crime in that. He is a race winner, but the only person comparing him to Schumacher is you.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3802949)   #484
Wrldtrng
Rookie

Russian Federation
Wrldtrng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of all I wish the return of James Thompson behind the wheel of a racing car. I really hope to see him in Rene Munnich's team, not Attila.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3802955)   #485
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I never said Coronel was the second coming of Christ. He's not the best driver on the grid, I can see that. He is a Dutchman though, can't blame me for liking that a fellow countryman is on the grid really? Also he's a fun character, he adds a bit of flavour to the grid and I like his YouTube channel.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 09:53 (Ref:3803097)   #486
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrldtrng View Post
Most of all I wish the return of James Thompson behind the wheel of a racing car.
He's too drunk to be doing that.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3803127)   #487
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I've sort of lost track with what series Jimmy T does, pardon my ignorance
Old 22 Feb 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3803145)   #488
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I've sort of lost track with what series Jimmy T does, pardon my ignorance
Ibiza Touring
Old 22 Feb 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3803152)   #489
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Ibiza Touring
Old 22 Feb 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3803212)   #490
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The truth is, the old drivers keep winning in WTCC.

In DTM, young drivers like Lucas Auer, Tom Blomqvist and Pascal Wehrlein have beaten the old drivers.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 09:21 (Ref:3803352)   #491
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M1RA will continue with 2 Hyundai.

Still not sure where. WTCR and TCR Europe is the 2 options.

https://www.p1race.hu/hir/ket_hyunda...18-ra_20180223

Team Zengő negotiating with two factories about some factory support. Zengő still wants to enter with two hungarian drivers.

http://hosszabbitas.hu/wtcc/zengo-zo...-az-asztalomon

Ps: unofficial hungarian rumors sure about these two factories are VW and Seat (now Cupra). I'm not sure these two factories not happy about the only hungarian line-up, so that might be the banana peed for the team.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3803391)   #492
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
According to Dári Dávid they still working on their WTCR entry.

What does this mean?

1 - There will be only 2-2 Munnich motorsport and Campos car, so there will be place for both Zengő and M1RA.

2 - Team Zengő or team Campos's place not sure (or the 2 Alfa).

3 - Zengő could be the team with the 2 Alfa

4 - The organisers add more cars to the field

5 - They will be a team for the wild-card drivers.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3803472)   #493
ChrisMarks
Rookie

Denmark
ChrisMarks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read that we won't be seeing Davit Kajaia in WTCR, very sad to read that.
Maybe he will have a go at TCR Europe?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3803558)   #494
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMarks View Post
Just read that we won't be seeing Davit Kajaia in WTCR, very sad to read that.
Maybe he will have a go at TCR Europe?
Maybe that opens a spot for Comini at Alfa...?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3803698)   #495
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
Maybe that opens a spot for Comini at Alfa...?
I assume that seat needs a driver with budget?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 22:25 (Ref:3803699)   #496
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
About Coronel.

Despite never be a factory driver he was part of the inner circle of ETCC/WTCC and did a great job in promoting the series.This season he will not be a regular race winner or title contender but he's still fast enough to be on the grid. I'm sure he will score some podiums and off track continue promoting WTCR.

Motorsport isn't popular in the Netherlands despite that he manages to attract sponsors year after year. Respect for that. Probably the best well known active driver after Max Verstappen.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3803700)   #497
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzaan View Post
M1RA will continue with 2 Hyundai.

Still not sure where. WTCR and TCR Europe is the 2 options.

https://www.p1race.hu/hir/ket_hyunda...18-ra_20180223

Team Zengő negotiating with two factories about some factory support. Zengő still wants to enter with two hungarian drivers.

http://hosszabbitas.hu/wtcc/zengo-zo...-az-asztalomon

Ps: unofficial hungarian rumors sure about these two factories are VW and Seat (now Cupra). I'm not sure these two factories not happy about the only hungarian line-up, so that might be the banana peed for the team.
Come on Zengo bring the Kia to WTCR or TCR Europe!
Old 25 Feb 2018, 05:04 (Ref:3803733)   #498
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Come on Zengo bring the Kia to WTCR or TCR Europe!
KIA TCR is a private developement from last year and as I read it's badly serviceable.

No new developement, so I guess they just do the BoP test to race in local/regional championship.

BTW they still offering their KIA to sell.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3803858)   #499
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzaan View Post
Zengő still wants to enter with two hungarian drivers.

I'm not sure these two factories not happy about the only hungarian line-up, so that might be the banana peed for the team.
Personally I understand that they want to promote drivers that maybe otherwise wouldnt get a chance but i generally dont dig this nationalistic approach from any team and any nation. And regarding the state of political affairs in Hungary right now, it feels a little, well.. ahh, whatever maybe im over interpreting things. Sorry...

Still i wouldnt miss the team in WTCR, especially when they would only field backmarkers. Id rather see Bamboo, Target, RML, Ravaglia, Bart Mampey, teams that focus more on the quality then the nationality of drivers. After their bugdet is secure of course.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3804070)   #500
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
Personally I understand that they want to promote drivers that maybe otherwise wouldnt get a chance but i generally dont dig this nationalistic approach from any team and any nation. And regarding the state of political affairs in Hungary right now, it feels a little, well.. ahh, whatever maybe im over interpreting things. Sorry...

Still i wouldnt miss the team in WTCR, especially when they would only field backmarkers. Id rather see Bamboo, Target, RML, Ravaglia, Bart Mampey, teams that focus more on the quality then the nationality of drivers. After their bugdet is secure of course.
- the racional side of the story: Team Zengő is a big team with a lot s of interests in the hungarian championship and connected to a lot of hungarian drivers (like Red Bull has their own drivers)

They money comes from hungarian sponsors, the crew is hungarian so the language in the box is hungarian, so a hungarian driver is the best choice.

- the political side of the story: nationalism is completly natural and OK. Face with that.

They don't have global sponsors or global markets like a factory team.

Ys, the level of the racing in team Zengő felt dawn after Norbi leave the team, but Ficza Ferenc was 2nd last year in the opening TCR race (with Zele Racing) beating both Bamboo SEATs, so heis not abad driver.
If they can get the money for 2 new car they might fight again in the midfield.