Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1591573)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The 2007 tyre

Some info on what is likely to happen with tyres in 2007.http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35637
Old 22 Apr 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1591641)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Michelin was having second thoughts on 2007?

They could still be in it next season. And I hope so too!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1591649)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm heart broken for Ross Brawn.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1591665)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
So no slicks for 2007 after all then?

Lies, and more lies from the FIA.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1591673)   #5
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, Mosley has lied again. No slicks for 2007. What's next?
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1591695)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slicks were mooted for 2008.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1591719)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lies? A feel there is a misunderstanding here.

There were many ideas that some of the 2008 rules could be brought forwards, but it was never said that 2007 would be slicks for certain. Apart from anything else it is best that if there is a single supplier they bring a tyre that isn't completely different and have time to develop a slick. Development must be on hold for any slick until it is perfectly clear what Michelin are doing. And isn't 2008 the perfect time for any change?

Unless of course you wish to dramatically increase costs of development and waste when the situation isn't clear. I look forward to the resultant Max can't cut costs thread.

A search through the Autosport online archives reveals no lies from Max about slick tyres in 2007.
A search trough 10-10ths reveals one thread (other than this one):
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1442211
This doesn't contain a link, but I have checked all Autosport news stories around that date and there is nothing. Importantly these were all suggestions, which it appears have been taken as certainties.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/47919
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1591724)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes slicks were pinned for 2008..there were talks of bringing it forward though i think...
but with the companies already having spent so much developing different tyres for 2004,05 and then 06 again due to constant rule changes...surely it would be best to keep some stability to reduce the costs.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1591998)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would have thought that that article would be a reason to make people happy!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1592083)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hey, I was only half serious when I said they were lies.

Of course the FIA aren't lieing, but it does seem as though every good change that is mooted, never happens, ad infinitum.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1592146)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and why don't these happen? It aint always the FIA's fault. Blaming them for everything makes us look silly and devalues decent objections. I want slicks, I want wider cars and I would change loads of things, but it is clear to me that many things aren't just the FIA's fault.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1592156)   #12
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Fun time would be slicks, gear sticks and no wings, and bring back V10s
Old 22 Apr 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1592164)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Just think, too, Adam, we are getting wider cars, slicks, and standard ECUs in 2008. Such things were cooked up between Ferrari and the FIA in the meetings the others chose not to attend.

Damn that evil duo, planning something most people want.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1592181)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
Fun time would be slicks, gear sticks and no wings, and bring back V10s
I like the first. I like the second. The third it is just about the the degree of influence it is better with than without. The fourth - nowt special about a V10 just the power is important.

Dutton, I think you'll find the FIA are pure evil and killing F1. How else do you explain getting so few entrants for 2008?

Enough of this jesting, back to the link.
I don't think Ferrari will gain that much of an advantage if they have Bridgestones down the grid. The tyres will be different to this year and I presume that everyone will get a lot of testing. If you are a decent team you can make the change. Williams have managed it.