Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your team of the Grand Prix?
Mercedes 1 3.85%
Ferrari 6 23.08%
Williams-Mercedes 3 11.54%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 0 0%
Force India-Mercedes 9 34.62%
Lotus-Mercedes 0 0%
Toro Rosso-Renault 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 1 3.85%
McLaren-Honda 6 23.08%
Marussia-Ferrari 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Oct 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3581635)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Russian Grand Prix 2015

Who is your team of the Grand Prix?
Old 11 Oct 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3581723)   #2
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A tricky one, this race.

Clearly not Mercedes since one car broke and the other was causing concern. Uber-fast though.

Williams? The cars were looking pretty good but strategic decisions in qually and the race were not the best.

Force India? We didn't see what Hulkenberg might have done, but he didn't qualify great. Perez was put on an ambitious strategy that exploited his tyre-saving abilities but was still a bit lucky, and he would only have been fifth if it weren't for another bit of luck.

Toro Rosso? Out-qualified their big brother team even though they have to use that terrible Renault engine (that's tongue-in-cheek, Regie) that the other lot complain about so much. But still not that great.

So I've given it to Ferrari. They were on for a two-four until.....
Old 11 Oct 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3581821)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari. Only team to get 2 into the top 10.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3581861)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Ferrari. Only team to get 2 into the top 10.
They could have got 2nd and 4th, rather than 2nd and 8th, if Kimi hadn't clipped Bottas. They would have been my choice, if it wasn't for that.

If it hadn't been for Kimi clipping Bottas then it would have been 3rd spot on the podium for Williams as well as 5th place.

Anyway, I'm going to give it to McLaren because despite Alonso being penalised for running wide, getting both those cars to finish is quite an achievement it itself.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 23:51 (Ref:3581944)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Force India - good strategy call for Perez. Sadly, we will never know what the Hulk could have done.

Mercedes - Dominant. But - a car broke on them. A bit worrying - as it's near the end of the season. I'm sure the team want the WCC(it's near enough their's) - but also 1-2 in the WDC. With Vettel in 2nd place - that's going to be a bit tricky.

Williams - Strong here. They made mistakes in qualifying. I don't think they had quite the pace of the Ferraris though. It's a shame that they lost Bottas - otherwise that 3rd on the podium would have been their's.

Ferrari - Quite strong here. I'd say they had the second fastest car. A shame they only 2nd-8th. It could have been 2nd-3rd. More podiums and more points. Both drivers looked strong as well.

McLaren-Honda - Well - they were getting mugged on the start/finish straight - but hey they got both cars to the end and a points finish. A difficult year for them.

So - I'm going to give it to the underdogs - McLaren.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 00:04 (Ref:3581949)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
P.S. Just a quick update - yeah Mercedes clinched the WCC through Kimi's penalty.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 06:28 (Ref:3582048)   #7
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 09:36 (Ref:3582096)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sauber. What the hell was that thing doing scoring points?
Old 12 Oct 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3582102)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
great result for force india this week so they get my vote
Old 12 Oct 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3582122)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Force India for beating cars that are faster than their own.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3582471)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3 votes for McLaren???????????!!!!!!! So getting two cars to the finish is worthy of TOTR?
Old 13 Oct 2015, 15:18 (Ref:3582512)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i also voted Mclaren. i like how they are pushing and pushing and as the season is winding down, i feel like this is an attitude missing by the other teams .

Ferrari, for me, are a weird one. with Seb they could have tried to be more aggressive and maybe could have found themselves closer to the back of LH by the end. perhaps they are put off on taking chances in light of how it turned out in Spa and how close the battle for 2nd in the drivers is right now.

then at the same time, Kimi took a huge chance with his pass on Bottas when if he held station he could have kept the constructors title going on for one more race...which i guess doesnt matter as everyone is resigned to the fact that Merc will win it so why not let Kimi take a chance.

to be fair i dont really understand their thought process.

Ferrari did do well though but imo they are playing an individual game now (and rightly so) whereas Mclaren are still doing the team thing so they get team of the race from me.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3582525)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i also voted Mclaren. i like how they are pushing and pushing and as the season is winding down, i feel like this is an attitude missing by the other teams .
Well, each to his own, I suppose.

I wouldn't know whether they are pushing and pushing because we no longer see anyone but the drivers on TV since Martin Whitmarsh went. Eric Boullier just refused to talk to David Clout-hard on the grid in Sochi. (His right, of course, and maybe he was rushing to something important.) Perhaps you see more of them in Canada.

In any event, I don't think pushing and pushing is enough. I'm sure Won would be the first to agree that you also have to achieve, and there's not a lot of that going on.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3582537)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I wouldn't know whether they are pushing and pushing...
to be honest i also dont know how hard they are pushing either. its just an assumption i am making based on the Honda bringing a new engine to Sochi for Alonso. i suppose one could think they are just doing what they should be given their plight so yeah i may be giving them more credit then they deserve.

with the sorting of the drivers contracts and the use of the final upgrade tokens and a point (even though it was due to attrition), i do still feel like they achieved a great deal this weekend though.

to each their own of course
Old 14 Oct 2015, 10:33 (Ref:3582744)   #15
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
3 votes for McLaren???????????!!!!!!! So getting two cars to the finish is worthy of TOTR?
What do you mean with TOTR? Anyway I would have voted for McLaren for bringing points.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 14:18 (Ref:3583048)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Difficult but I'll go McLaren too. I refuse to vote Ferrari as it was a travesty that Raikkonen was still able to collect points after driving at the end like a complete novice.....
Old 16 Oct 2015, 05:29 (Ref:3583265)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Force India did one of their best races, crowned by a podium. Got my vote.