Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 2 Jun 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1318399)   #1
1.5 Rock
Rookie

England
1.5 Rock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
500 Help please

Hi,
can anyone advise me where i can get a tape of last weekends 500.
I taped the race as I was away all weekend, only to have it cut off 18 laps from home.
If anyone has copying facilities id be willing to forward a tape and obvious costs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW im in the UK.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1318413)   #2
infoxicated
Rookie

Scotland
UK
infoxicated has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I taped it from the Sky Sports broadcast, although the tape ran out just before Dan was out of his car.

I've loaned it to a friend, but when I get it back I'll try and get it transfered onto a DVD for you - you might have to be patient, though, I'm going to be away for the next couple of weeks. The offer is there if you don't find an alternative, though
Old 2 Jun 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1318414)   #3
1.5 Rock
Rookie

England
Thanks , id be very grateful.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1318434)   #4
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
trow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 Rock
Hi,
can anyone advise me where i can get a tape of last weekends 500.
I taped the race as I was away all weekend, only to have it cut off 18 laps from home.
If anyone has copying facilities id be willing to forward a tape and obvious costs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW im in the UK.

It looks like you're sorted, but just in case someone thought about sending you one from the states, the NTSC won't match up with UK VHS players. I had that problem when I lived there. Just thought I'd throw that out there FYI.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1318449)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trow
It looks like you're sorted, but just in case someone thought about sending you one from the states, the NTSC won't match up with UK VHS players. I had that problem when I lived there. Just thought I'd throw that out there FYI.
Depends on the VCR...

Here in Sweden just about all VCRs supports NTSC playback these days, even the cheaper ones.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1318471)   #6
1.5 Rock
Rookie

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by trow
Thanks for that, but I have a mate who has equipment to transfer NTSC to VHS....so im open to any help.
Thanks again, Im gutted to have missed the best race in the world....esp as our Dan won.

I understand that espn are showing it again tomorrow , but I dont have access to that.....heres hoping anyway.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1319110)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you get ESPN Classics, they will be rebroadcasting the race tonight, which is Fri, at 9PM. It will be condensed to a two hour show.

I guess this race is already considered a classic!

Danica Patrick