Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3855245)   #201
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it started out OK but it's going sideways quickly to weekend and not making me look forward to it as much now. Definitely need to stake out all side ropes on tents and canopies this week
Old 7 Oct 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3855267)   #202
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My tent is stable in high winds. It got tested a few years ago at Sebring when a storm blew through on Saturday that seemed apocalyptic at the time. (Red flag for hours)
The canopies are a different story. All of them stake down and have guy lines on the corners, but we might have to implement some emergency take down measures if it gets too brisk.
Friday and Saturday look pretty good though.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk
Old 7 Oct 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3855300)   #203
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damnit all to hell, mother nature. After the year I've had and missing the race last year, I need good weather this weekend. If you can't do that, then FU.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 23:54 (Ref:3855306)   #204
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two bales of straw procured in the effort to ward off sogginess. Sadly it will happen but think it will be better later and a good race day so there's that. Honestly a decent Tues with good race day and I'll be ok but damn it's annoying thinking about that forecast now
Old 8 Oct 2018, 02:20 (Ref:3855319)   #205
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Two bales of straw procured in the effort to ward off sogginess. Sadly it will happen but think it will be better later and a good race day so there's that. Honestly a decent Tues with good race day and I'll be ok but damn it's annoying thinking about that forecast now
Thank you for your efforts. My only weather concern is driving up Wednesday and setting up my tent. But I have a feeling the storm reach will push East and we will miss must of it in Brasleton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Damnit all to hell, mother nature. After the year I've had and missing the race last year, I need good weather this weekend. If you can't do that, then FU.
Just bring your shovel and I'll trench us out of trouble. Plus any weekend at the track is better than a weekend at home. Weather can't ruin it, as I said earlier, that is why we bring bourbon.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3855320)   #206
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm still ****ed about the forecast, but whaddya gonna do, huh?

I'll try to grab some straw tomorrow before the run on it happens. Wednesday looks f-ed but I may see if I can run some straw and assist y'all anyway I can on Weds. I didn't plan on getting there til Thursday. What's another 2 hrs of driving after the 30 something hrs I would've already driven in less than a week by then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
My tent is stable in high winds. It got tested a few years ago at Sebring when a storm blew through on Saturday that seemed apocalyptic at the time. (Red flag for hours)
The canopies are a different story. All of them stake down and have guy lines on the corners, but we might have to implement some emergency take down measures if it gets too brisk.
Friday and Saturday look pretty good though.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk
Tested could also = weakened.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 02:28 (Ref:3855321)   #207
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thank you for your efforts. My only weather concern is driving up Wednesday and setting up my tent. But I have a feeling the storm reach will push East and we will miss must of it in Brasleton.
Just bring your shovel and I'll trench us out of trouble. Plus any weekend at the track is better than a weekend at home. Weather can't ruin it, as I said earlier, that is why we bring bourbon.
I'll bring shovels, rakes, straw, maybe some silt fence or anything I can. Hoping he'll push and arc further south. That's the only hope. It's forecasted to be a effing tropical storm still as it passes thru. F sakes! I was in Irma! that shyte was NOT fun even in a solid house!

And seriously, if it all looks bad, you can crash at my place on Wednesday. In fact, anyone can if they get stranded.

I have faith that Friday and Saturday will be okay and we'll have stories to tell, but I just need a stress free break.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 03:57 (Ref:3855336)   #208
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is wrong with y'all? It rains at least once every year. I'm going to bring at least one and hopefully two bales of straw and everything is going to be fine.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3855408)   #209
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Straw don't help with wind. Ask one of the little pigs
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3855410)   #210
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What is wrong with y'all? It rains at least once every year. I'm going to bring at least one and hopefully two bales of straw and everything is going to be fine.
Quote:
Straw don't help with wind. Ask one of the little pigs
ROFL
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3855412)   #211
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...?cone#contents

we only need a slight jog to the east-southeast and we'll be golden like a shower. Currently Atlanta looks to be sitting right on the outer edge of the cone of uncertainty. Last night I was thinking sure it says tropical storm but the winds won't extend out that far, then I looked at how wide the band of tropical storm-force winds is currently and didn't feel as confident.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3855421)   #212
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...?cone#contents

we only need a slight jog to the east-southeast and we'll be golden like a shower. Currently Atlanta looks to be sitting right on the outer edge of the cone of uncertainty. Last night I was thinking sure it says tropical storm but the winds won't extend out that far, then I looked at how wide the band of tropical storm-force winds is currently and didn't feel as confident.
Just remember Flowery Branch / Braselton is a little further north and east of ATL. Also of note, it appears to be slowing the track as it was supposed to be in South Cackalacky Thursday AM. And yeah, 50 MPH gusts ain't good for camping.

Golden like a shower. Gross, man.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3855429)   #213
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I'm not feeling as confident now myself and thinking it might be a low canopy setup and everything stays put away until Friday. Better to prepare and feel better if it's better than expected but honestly a dryish Tuesday and I'll feel much better

And yes, agree with FoD, too far when for joeb
Old 8 Oct 2018, 15:59 (Ref:3855460)   #214
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA

https://goo.gl/images/opVq3w
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3855476)   #215
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Remind me again on the grill situation? Somebody has one, right? Would it be helpful if I brought charcoal?
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3855480)   #216
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Ah skeet skeet skeet!!

Quote:
Remind me again on the grill situation? Somebody has one, right? Would it be helpful if I brought charcoal?
I'm bringing the wheel-less, handle-less Aussie grill.

Ask Broad about charcoal. I'm sure he's got a stockpile. If he doesn't, I'll have the remaining needs covered. I'll be in a van again so I'll load up on any and all extras needed.

Of course, I'm not sure when I'll be coming thanks to Michael. I have literally two families to look after these days...
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3855483)   #217
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Ah skeet skeet skeet!!

I'm bringing the wheel-less, handle-less Aussie grill.

Ask Broad about charcoal. I'm sure he's got a stockpile. If he doesn't, I'll have the remaining needs covered. I'll be in a van again so I'll load up on any and all extras needed.

Of course, I'm not sure when I'll be coming thanks to Michael. I have literally two families to look after these days...
handleless and wheelless, lol ok I'll hold back on charcoal. I almost got my shopping done. Went to Benoits (Cajun Meats) this morning for the assorted sausages. Got some ice in the deep freeze. Gotta go get some more odds and ends and booze.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3855485)   #218
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
handleless and wheelless, lol ok I'll hold back on charcoal. I almost got my shopping done. Went to Benoits (Cajun Meats) this morning for the assorted sausages. Got some ice in the deep freeze. Gotta go get some more odds and ends and booze.
I still have to do everything including driving to St Mary's GA tomorrow...
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3855488)   #219
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I have an Aussie now, and Jeremy is bringing his "Aussie" as well I see, thinking we may need both with everyone there this year. By my count Friday could be at least 15 of us at lunch including tiny peoples and at least 10 adults, unless UA or Thomas are coming up as well. Another bag of coals could be helpful, I have about half a bag and Tony is bringing some as well. I am bringing a bucket of lump coals for steak night for good crisped well seared steaks. I will be making two desserts as usual and trying out making brownies this year in the dutch oven so we'll see how that goes. I likely will need a camping gear intervention soon as I have another camp stove and 2 tables because well I think everyone here knows me well enough now to know why. But sorry, still only one kitchen sink.

I have a couple cans of biscuits and some cinnamon rolls but any desire for sausage biscuits will require sausage. Friday looks like full English breakfast, found imported back bacon and bangers with beans, HP sauce, mushrooms and fried eggs. Possibly Sat morning if Friday is rainy but what's more English than a rainy day?

Have the booze potentially sorted but there's always the chance I need more. Ice blocks freezing away and coolers ready to be loaded. Watching the clock and thinking it may be a duck out an hour early kinda day today and then it's vacation time finally.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3855496)   #220
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I have an Aussie now, and Jeremy is bringing his "Aussie" as well I see, thinking we may need both with everyone there this year. By my count Friday could be at least 15 of us at lunch including tiny peoples and at least 10 adults, unless UA or Thomas are coming up as well. Another bag of coals could be helpful, I have about half a bag and Tony is bringing some as well. I am bringing a bucket of lump coals for steak night for good crisped well seared steaks. I will be making two desserts as usual and trying out making brownies this year in the dutch oven so we'll see how that goes. I likely will need a camping gear intervention soon as I have another camp stove and 2 tables because well I think everyone here knows me well enough now to know why. But sorry, still only one kitchen sink.

I have a couple cans of biscuits and some cinnamon rolls but any desire for sausage biscuits will require sausage. Friday looks like full English breakfast, found imported back bacon and bangers with beans, HP sauce, mushrooms and fried eggs. Possibly Sat morning if Friday is rainy but what's more English than a rainy day?

Have the booze potentially sorted but there's always the chance I need more. Ice blocks freezing away and coolers ready to be loaded. Watching the clock and thinking it may be a duck out an hour early kinda day today and then it's vacation time finally.
Thanks for getting there early and saving a spot for us Andrew! I'll throw a sack of coals in the car too. I'll be there around dusk on Wednesday.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3855499)   #221
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Thanks for getting there early and saving a spot for us Andrew! I'll throw a sack of coals in the car too. I'll be there around dusk on Wednesday.
Please remember to leave your tropical storms at home thank you.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3855500)   #222
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Please remember to leave your tropical storms at home thank you.
I promise nothing.

Well except that I'll be drunk and make inappropriate comments.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3855503)   #223
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I should be there around noon tomorrow.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3855504)   #224
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm aiming for 10 but I'm sure i'll end up behind and closer to noon, plus side after 1030 means Zaxby's for lunch so maybe 11ish.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3855506)   #225
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I should be there around noon tomorrow.
Quote:
I'm aiming for 10 but I'm sure i'll end up behind and closer to noon, plus side after 1030 means Zaxby's for lunch so maybe 11ish.
I'll be sitting in a staff meeting at that time. You lucky sons of *****es.

What are the odds that that water Oak survives this storm? I'm feeling less than comfortable about sleeping underneath it while there are tropical storm-force winds.