Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Apr 2019, 01:40 (Ref:3898820)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSR: The Mitty (Road Atlanta): 26 Apr - 28 Apr 2019

The 42nd Mitty at Road Atlanta is next weekend! This years featured marque is Alfa. I expect 10s of them! A quick glance at the entry shows only 4. Alfas are unfortunately an extremely rare sight around here, even in race car form. Hopefully this brings the street cars out of the woodwork!

Entry List: http://hsrrace.com/wp-content/upload...19-to-Post.pdf

Schedule: http://hsrrace.com/wp-content/upload...Schedule-8.pdf

This weekend will also serve as a 40th birthday party and bachelors party for my friends and Tenths posters fieldodreams79 and broadrun96! Looking forward to it!
Old 21 Apr 2019, 01:44 (Ref:3898821)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank y'all for letting us use this forum for this event for the past few years. If you have never heard of it, Goodwood put together this great video a couple of years ago to describe the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-Xtg9FFK0
Old 21 Apr 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3898863)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Thank y'all for letting us use this forum for this event for the past few years. If you have never heard of it, Goodwood put together this great video a couple of years ago to describe the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-Xtg9FFK0
We should be thanking you for sharing with us! I know a few on here that would love to be at the Mitty, me included.....

That poster alone would be worth the trip!
Old 23 Apr 2019, 03:05 (Ref:3899089)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

This weekend will also serve as a 40th birthday party and bachelors party for my friends and Tenths posters fieldodreams79 and broadrun96! Looking forward to it!
I left out a very important word: respectively. Please let me clarify that these two gentlemen are not both turning 40 and getting married to each other (not that there's anything wrong with that) but field is old and broadrun had a good run.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 03:07 (Ref:3899090)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

That poster alone would be worth the trip!
I'll see what I can do!
Old 23 Apr 2019, 03:54 (Ref:3899093)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been packing and sorting the gear as usual. Tough with wedding stuff everywhere as well. And tougher trying to figure out what bourbon to bring and what to save for next weekend. It's a busy busy busy 2 weeks here but will be fun.

Looks to be a good one to year and some new cars for us to enjoy. Looking forward to the 2014 Rebellion vs Travis Engen's R8, 20 old Alfas and 2 TCR cars on the list, decent stock car list with old and new cars, Callaway Z06.R and others. Looks like just under 300 cars entered in a multitude of classes. It's my annual spring vacation and very much look forward to it every year now. Head up early on Thursday and watch them testing before everyone comes in Friday.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3899161)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I left out a very important word: respectively. Please let me clarify that these two gentlemen are not both turning 40 and getting married to each other (not that there's anything wrong with that) but field is old and broadrun had a good run.
You beat me to the joke! I won't be there but will be attending Monster Jam on Sunday to help celebrate from afar. I'll also probably be drinking bourbon and making bad jokes, so it will feel like I'm there.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3899164)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Gentlemen?
Old 23 Apr 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3899166)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Gentlemen?
I was going to let that gross exaggeration slide but since you mentioned it
Old 23 Apr 2019, 23:40 (Ref:3899274)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I've been packing and sorting the gear as usual. Tough with wedding stuff everywhere as well. And tougher trying to figure out what bourbon to bring and what to save for next weekend. It's a busy busy busy 2 weeks here but will be fun.

Looks to be a good one to year and some new cars for us to enjoy. Looking forward to the 2014 Rebellion vs Travis Engen's R8, 20 old Alfas and 2 TCR cars on the list, decent stock car list with old and new cars, Callaway Z06.R and others. Looks like just under 300 cars entered in a multitude of classes. It's my annual spring vacation and very much look forward to it every year now. Head up early on Thursday and watch them testing before everyone comes in Friday.
I missed the R-One on the entry. I saw the Lola-Toyota in 2013 at Sebring, but I don't think the R-One raced here. That engine sounds fantastic.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3899389)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Talking of the R-One, I hope you’ve noticed that we’re following your lead in Europe by having series for more modern cars. Masters have one series here- http://www.mastershistoricracing.com.../championship/ and another your side of the pond- http://www.mastershistoricracing.com.../championship/

France-based Peter Auto have their own take as well...... https://peterauto.peter.fr/en/grids/...ing-legends-2/

Certainly get some interesting cars!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3899392)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Talking of the R-One, I hope you’ve noticed that we’re following your lead in Europe by having series for more modern cars. Masters have one series here- http://www.mastershistoricracing.com.../championship/ and another your side of the pond- http://www.mastershistoricracing.com.../championship/

France-based Peter Auto have their own take as well...... https://peterauto.peter.fr/en/grids/...ing-legends-2/

Certainly get some interesting cars!
Masters stole a few of our cars last year, Travis Engen brought his R8 over there instead of the Mitty in 2018. And think we've lost the RS Spyder and Pescarolo back to Europe. But it's fun to see some of the cars that aren't so old back on track again. A guy locally ran a GT1 Vette a couple times but haven't seen him in a few years.

I want to try to hit either Daytona or Sebring Historics one year, looks like GREAT entry lists with very nice historic cars.
Old 25 Apr 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3899583)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Was an interesting practice mix today, 2014 Rebellion R-One Toyota (makes a beautiful noise), vs 2016 ESM WEC Ligier vs 2009 Corvette DP (believe Eric Curran was driving). For multiple laps it was all out running and the Rebellion couldn't get too far away, and the Ligier couldn't get around Curran. GREAT fun for practice day
Old 25 Apr 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3899585)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Does the Corvette DP use a N/A V8 engine? When I watch IMSA I think the current DPIs make a great sound- much better than the WEC LMP1s....
Old 25 Apr 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3899588)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Does the Corvette DP use a N/A V8 engine? When I watch IMSA I think the current DPIs make a great sound- much better than the WEC LMP1s....
Yup, someone else could answer exactly which but guessing an LS variety. And yes, it also makes a good, much louder and deeper, sound but we have lots of those. And more in the FLM09 Orecas, last count was 6 on the list

Edit to update

If you believe the almighty Wikipedia:
Vette DPs: The engine, built by NASCAR engine builder ECR Engines, is a 5.5L port injected*LS9[4]*with individual throttle bodies and a dry sump oil system.

LMPC: All FLM09s use a production-based*General Motors*small block*LS3*V8*which produces approximately 430 horsepower (440*PS).*
Old 25 Apr 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3899589)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yup, someone else could answer exactly which but guessing an LS variety. And yes, it also makes a good, much louder and deeper, sound but we have lots of those. And more in the FLM09 Orecas, last count was 6 on the list
My favourite GTs are the V8 and V12 front engined cars, so obviously a BIG Corvette fan. There’s at least two in Peter Auto Endurance Legends. Can therefore confirm that am not excited about the new V6T mid-engine version!
Old 27 Apr 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3900024)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
The 5.5L is the same engine as the C6r minus direct injection and some other goodies. It's the same engine in the Cadillac DPi and is LS architecture. The 6.2L they ran in 2017 is LT architecture.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3900043)   #18
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
It's a stunning day here at Road Atlanta with more Alfas than I've ever seen! I hope to post some pics later today.

The stock car race is about to start with Bill Elliot on pole.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3900060)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots of cool cars and lovely weather!
Old 27 Apr 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3900061)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

The stock car race is about to start with Bill Elliot on pole.
He's Awesome.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3900063)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Waiting for the prototype race.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3900075)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Old 28 Apr 2019, 01:27 (Ref:3900099)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Tough with wedding stuff everywhere as well. And tougher trying to figure out what bourbon to bring and what to save for next weekend.
Not to worry Broadrun, in no time all the decisions will be made for you!

Congrats man.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3900119)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Love the Cyclone and ‘Battlebird’....... Is the pic after the Mercury (#17) a Torino?

Although we do see the occasional one over here, also a big fan the 924 race cars (are they Carrera GTs?)
Old 28 Apr 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3900184)   #25
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Love the Cyclone and ‘Battlebird’....... Is the pic after the Mercury (#17) a Torino?

Although we do see the occasional one over here, also a big fan the 924 race cars (are they Carrera GTs?)
Yes, that's a David Pearson Torino and Cale Yarborough's Cyclone.

I haven't been able to find anyone that could tell me. I was hoping someone here would know! They look like spec series cars.