Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 May 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3902690)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Iain, just found some local info. May be you know there are to Grand Prix held there, one for modern cars the other for historics. They are talking about having both on the same weekend. In a near future.
Old 9 May 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3902720)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Gerard .
Old 9 May 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3902727)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Iain, just found some local info. May be you know there are two Grand Prix held there, one for modern cars the other for historics. They are talking about having both on the same weekend. In a near future.
I can see how that having both events on the same weekend would cut costs considerably, and ease local disruption, but I also think that it would reduce income for the locals that make money from the racing?

It would also reduce the amount of races that could be held for historic cars over the weekend, I would have thought.
Old 9 May 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3902731)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I can see how that having both events on the same weekend would cut costs considerably, and ease local disruption, but I also think that it would reduce income for the locals that make money from the racing?

It would also reduce the amount of races that could be held for historic cars over the weekend, I would have thought.
Heaven forbid.... logic in a motorsports forum.
(I agree wholeheartedly)
Old 9 May 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3902744)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mike, agreed, again. There's enough history, experience, knowledge and will to have a little Monaco there. As you say two weekends will bring more spectators, even if different ones, more paying competitors meaning more money for hotels, restaurants, gaz stations, bakeries and croissanteries and even more money for the highway tolls.
I already said it, as an organiser the question was not how much money we could make but how to manage not to lose money! We had to deal with numbered seats in the grandstands which didn't help to satisfy the spectators tho…

Delta, dont mention it, my pleasure
Old 9 May 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3902764)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Talking about a non permanent track located in a medieval town, its really important to know about access rules. They can be found here, take them seriously, impossible to by pass given the specific location: https://www.hvmracing.fr/wp-content/...ue-2019-UK.pdf
Less hassle than at Monaco imo…
Old 9 May 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3902766)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, just a thought. If you have spare friends, cars, money and time, may be you could join a French pack like HFF, HF3 or Maxi 1300 the late hosted by a lot of Minis. You can ask HVM team, they are helpful and speak English.
Old 9 May 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3902781)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ha, just a thought. If you have spare friends, cars, money and time, may be you could join a French pack like HFF, HF3 or Maxi 1300 the late hosted by a lot of Minis. You can ask HVM team, they are helpful and speak English.
Lovely thought, Gerard, but am racing at Brands Hatch that weekend so don’t have the time. Have cars, but not race ready- mainly because don’t have the money or the time to make them so!

Pau is lovely and so is the event. If the owner of the car we are racing a Brands would look a bit further than at the usual events, we could have been there. I’m working on it for the future......
Old 9 May 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3902813)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You're right to work on it, Mike. This event is oriented to please English competitors, like Masters for instance, but sometimes you can join a more relaxed series while you are on the field. Expect a warm welcome you'll be listed as a guest meaning no points granted for our national championship. Just for fun. As delta could say WTF!
Old 9 May 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3902825)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Gerard,
Would you be able to find out If I could do a few laps at Pau Arnos on Thursday the 23rd of may. Its a circuit I have not driven and I would love to tick this one of my list.I can go there on my way to Pau. many thanks in advance.
Old 9 May 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3902837)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'll try my best Iain. I guess car or cars are single seaters and you're using dB killers to have them below or around the 95 mark? Dont expect a straight for an Airbus, but if you like blind corners and late apexes, you'll like it.
Mind you the next gaz station is miles away…
Old 9 May 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3902840)   #37
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If anyone is considering a drive in south west area of France I take the risk to warmly recommend Nogaro. OK, bad things first, people at the track are not really helpful or even polite, they have a tough typical accent meaning they can't speak a word of English. That said… the track is good say like a mini mini Silverstone. Good food around but not for free.
Sorry you should read Circuit Paul Armagnac, dont tell me about a dead link. Soooo French!
Old 10 May 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3902910)   #38
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lovely thought, Gerard, but am racing at Brands Hatch that weekend so don’t have the time. Have cars, but not race ready- mainly because don’t have the money or the time to make them so!

Pau is lovely and so is the event. If the owner of the car we are racing a Brands would look a bit further than at the usual events, we could have been there. I’m working on it for the future......
You could take the Delta Mike - an FF2000 is quick around Pau

https://www.facebook.com/562570410/v...8574180705411/
Old 10 May 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3902952)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain, hope this will help you and mates.
Is it possible to drive a single seater at Pau Arnos on the 23rd? Yes.
When? Morning and/ or afternoon. Series are organized, top hat and single seaters are not mixed together.
Maximum noise is 100 dB. You need no licence only your usual race gear. How much? Rates are for the car, not the driver, half a day is €90 taxes included. Full day is €140 taxes included.
Restrictions? Yes, you need a letter from your insurer OR you can buy locally the mandatory insurance, called "RC" Responsabilité Civile, for €
How to register? On your arrival or through the website in advance. Will people be helpful? Yes but dont expect any good English language.
To make things clear if two guys want to share the same car its €140. If one guy wants to drive two cars its €280 per day.
Enough place for a large truck? Yes, but the road leading to the circuit is narrow, lets say like a B road.

http://www.circuit-pau-arnos.fr/contact_1_1_14.html
http://www.circuit-pau-arnos.fr/event.php?id=822 prices not updated
Email: contact@circuit-pau-arnos.fr
Satnav: N43°26'49.10'' E0°31'38.96'' roughly 15 miles west from Pau ville.
Roger?
Old 10 May 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3902954)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
You could take the Delta Mike - an FF2000 is quick around Pau
Yes indeed, Alan. But definitely can’t do so this year!
Old 10 May 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3903029)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike I hope my explanations about Pau Arnos are clear. If anyone needs a translation or further info, just ask I'll try my best.
Old 10 May 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3903032)   #42
Alan Morgan
Veteran

They made perfect sense to me Gerard. I'm taking the TGV to Pau so won't be able to join Iain unfortunately.

Are you planning to go to Pau? It would be good to put a face to the name.
Old 10 May 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3903043)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Wow . Thank you Gerrard . What a star . I will E mail them later . Happy days .
Old 10 May 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3903048)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Alan dont know yet if I'll be there but would love to buy a beer or coffee!

Ho yes, Iain, very happy days! I'll try to find a convenient restaurant, meaning good value for money, and a pizzeria for you.
This area is called Béarn, the famous local sauce is obviously sauce béarnaise. People there speak with a charming accent. Note that if they're talking about "garbure" its in no way related to carburateur but a well known soup you can ask for gahr-BURR.
Recipe here: https://myheartbeets.com/garbure-fre...egetable-soup/
I know you like Copenhagen then you'll love to race in Pau streets. Mind you the right hand hairpin is really a tight one and a perfect gearing is tricky to find. Have fun, be safe!
Old 10 May 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3903052)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not really OT, Mike, I'd like to add that people are called Paloises and Palois.
And yes, just found a local brewery producing the… Shuk! In local patois it means juice, flavor, savorous. Never tested this before! Local wine is Jurançon, white wine, produced either soft or dry. Cheers!
Old 10 May 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3903069)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I have been lucky to of raced many times at Pau . My best Race was with Compte in his Elite .We finished well up the order and first in class . Happy days . Will dig out some photos over the weekend . ��
Old 11 May 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3903118)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
All good for Pau Arnos Booked in for afternoon session., Happy days.
Old 11 May 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3903134)   #48
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for keeping us informed, Iain. Glad you can drive there. You'll see its a narrow and short track, right in the middle of nowhere, pleasant to drive and offering difficulties you'll find at the other track, like hairpin or fast right/left, late apex and so on. Can't guarantee the dafs' tho but who cares! The grass is green and animals fed as should…
Old 21 May 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3905044)   #49
Alan Morgan
Veteran

...looks like we're going to get wet.
Old 21 May 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3905047)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
...looks like we're going to get wet.
Well, we had everything from night frosts to heavy continual rain at Spa last weekend, so don’t see why you should be left out!

Wellies. Take wellies......