Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Apr 2013, 01:34 (Ref:3231253)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Berrechid International Circuit

Just outside of Casablanca, Morocco and only a few miles south of the Mohammed V International Airport lies the Berrechid International Circuit, named for a town on the outskirts of Casablanca near the racecourse. A track of approximately 2.3 miles, Berrechid is a smallish club course used for touring cars, motorcycles, and occasionally GT racing. Located in the flat, arid plains of central Morocco, Berrechid is not your typical cookie-cutter course. With 16 corners, several being A and B complexes, like Turn 3A and Turn 3B (so probably 20 actually turns in total), Berrechid offers the ultimate driving challenge on a relatively humble club course. Berrechid runs clockwise.

The airport, to give you an idea of the landscape surrounding the track.

Thoughts? This is my promised "Moroccan GP" course, obviously.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3231425)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this one. Simple, yet effective. Has nice overtaking spots (I reckon the bottom-right one would be a legit overtaking shot), a good technical section... everything you need for good motor racing.

bio
Old 9 Apr 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3231512)   #3
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice. Great technical challenge. Reminds me of absolutely nothing else ;-) It must be very frustrating though to be behind a slower competitor in the esses though. It goes on and on without the opportunity to overtake, even if you're way faster.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3231531)   #4
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I like this one. Simple, yet effective. Has nice overtaking spots (I reckon the bottom-right one would be a legit overtaking shot), a good technical section... everything you need for good motor racing.

bio
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Nice. Great technical challenge. Reminds me of absolutely nothing else ;-) It must be very frustrating though to be behind a slower competitor in the esses though. It goes on and on without the opportunity to overtake, even if you're way faster.
Thanks, guys! The esses would be difficult, but that's part of the challenge.

The kerbs seem a bit big. I'll probably end this one here but I'm reasonably pleased with this one.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3231690)   #5
the_calculator
Rookie

Netherlands
the_calculator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not exactly a rookie-drivers track with all those decreasing radius corners.
You'll be braking a lot while being in a corner.
Only very skilled drivers could produce fast laptimes here.

Well done.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3231732)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It looks interesting.

I do have one concern, which is, I can't tell that there's any dedicated run-off for Turn 2. You said it runs clockwise, so I'm a bit worried about that spot, as Turn 1 doesn't look like a slow corner.

In some ways, that track looks as though it would be a better option to run it anti-clockwise. (I wonder what our friend SBF would have to say about that.)
Old 9 Apr 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3231758)   #7
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I do have one concern, which is, I can't tell that there's any dedicated run-off for Turn 2.
This would need to be implemented, but maybe Beetle just forgot. It's easy to do, I've done it more than once!

I like the 2nd half of the lap, especially the right hander into the infield section then the long left onto the pit straight. It would be interesting to see the cars getting on the power at the right time and building speed for the straight.

I would have gone with one less "right-left" in the esses, I feel that too many in a row detracts from the flow of the circuit. But this is just my opinion, and the only way you really know how the circuit flows is if you can drive it, so maybe I'm wrong!

Interesting track, good work.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3231759)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Going along with some of the comments above, it appears that you have only put in some but not all of gravel traps.

T2 is a must,
If we call the double apex loop T3 and T4, then the run off needs to be extended atleast along some of the outside kerbs.
T5 as the first right hander into the esses section needs somthing on the outside to prevent somone coming straight across and re-entering the track perhaps at speed at T7.
The exit of the esses across what appears to be a raised kerb must have run off on the outside otherwise your looking at a Monaco "swimming pool" type accident.
The Next corner on the left hander has major issues with the final corner. In my view both need run off and there is only space for one or the other.

Running the circuit the opposite way around presents it's own challenges. The loops at either end lend themselves to the idea, but the esses would need a major redesign.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3231863)   #9
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
It looks interesting.
In some ways, that track looks as though it would be a better option to run it anti-clockwise. (I wonder what our friend SBF would have to say about that.)
Hah, I was thinking about the same thing.

bio