Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Apr 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2180923)   #26
Daniel Pinnegar
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton UK
Daniel Pinnegar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, but not in my oranges. I'm spectating with my dad.

I've got some photographs to take for my portfolio. It'll probably be around 5,000 phots like Silverstone last year.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 22:02 (Ref:2181606)   #27
MADMAX999
Rookie

England
HYTHE, KENT
MADMAX999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The mobile target will be there again this year!

Hopefully the Team Australia car will not be aimed at me this year............
Old 19 Apr 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2181611)   #28
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may not now be in orange might be photographing instead
Old 21 Apr 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2183122)   #29
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GOT MY STICKER THING!!!!
Now, two questions,,,,
1) I got a photo pass from last year, Do I use that one??
2) If 1 = Yes, Where did I put it, If no, I need a new one pronto!
Looks like a very busy weekend, And free lunch, and Money Cash Raffle Courtesy of Lotus on track!!!
Old 21 Apr 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2183128)   #30
marshal_man
Racer

United Kingdom
Taunton, Somerset
marshal_man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee,

You stick the sticker on the back of your photo pass in the square where it says event sticker lol.

Wake Up hehe oj!!!!
Old 21 Apr 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2183134)   #31
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
I know that! but am I meant to get a new photo card each year??
Old 21 Apr 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2183143)   #32
marshal_man
Racer

United Kingdom
Taunton, Somerset
No you keep that one it has no date on it.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2183147)   #33
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
now, just have to find the damn thing!!! cheers!
Old 21 Apr 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2183286)   #34
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
GOT MY STICKER THING!!!!
Now, two questions,,,,
1) I got a photo pass from last year, Do I use that one??
2) If 1 = Yes, Where did I put it, If no, I need a new one pronto!
Looks like a very busy weekend, And free lunch, and Money Cash Raffle Courtesy of Lotus on track!!!
1= yes
2= no idea

See you there.
I'll be bringing the gazeebo again for a little Combe gathering.
Gary
Old 21 Apr 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2183299)   #35
tullster
Rookie

England
Bexleyheath, Kent
tullster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me in - stickers arrived today!!!
Old 21 Apr 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2183306)   #36
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
At least we're all doing MSVR meetings this year. I've heard that they want you to send the hard cards back to them if you're not doing any meetings.....

But are they not invalid without the silly wee stickers?

It's just taken me 3 days to find the guest's pass...
Old 22 Apr 2008, 06:17 (Ref:2183636)   #37
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, they are invalid without the stickers. mine came yesterday, 3 busy days but looking forward to some cracking racing once more. just hope Mr Chamberlain and that ruddy quick Porsche are back and reliable this time
Old 22 Apr 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2183686)   #38
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
We has got stickers too!!!!

No guest passes tho - were we supposed to get them or is that for regulars only?

That is a very interesting timetable. Note to self - get to sign on before Al & Grant so there are still some crisps left with the lunches..........
Old 22 Apr 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2183707)   #39
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
EP - you were not supposed to get a guest pass, that's the MSVR system.
unless....
Only those officials that have a (photo hard card) guest pass for a nominated person are entitled to a guest sticker. Stops us selling tix on flea bay. Or it just drives us demented trying to find that damn extra card once a year.

and hey! the crisp thing - since some greedy so and so's had already taken all the chocolate goodies, we though 2 packets of crisps was fair.
Seems you did'nt...anyhoo, I'll probably still bring me own pork derived products as backup. You want I should stockpile some crips and choccy for you? Crashfishy's crips flavour doo joor is worcester sauce.
The timetable is as you say, interesting. What grabs me is that all 3 days have finishes very close to curfew - Saturday in particular, FF race on the GP circuit, 18 minutes timetabled (s-f) and 12 minutes gap to the next start! Everybody will have to be on their toes.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2183711)   #40
marshal_man
Racer

United Kingdom
Taunton, Somerset
You get your guest passes if you want one when you get your own you had to wirte it onto the form you fill in.

Then you get sent stickers for the back of your guest passes, you can either have one for one person only and they can arrive on there own or you can have one that is for a different guest each time but they have to arrive with you.

Got my stickers nd passes to, i knoiw where all of my passes are hehe :-)

So whats on in the Kentagon anybody know??
Old 22 Apr 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2183779)   #41
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
ooh that's right, I remember - we couldn't give names so we didn't get the guest passes. No bother.

There's always an excuse when crisp thieves get caught! Don't get anything in special for us unless you really want to - we can stop off on Thursday to pick up fixin's and Grant wouldnt' be happy unless we did our daily "raid the pork pie" selection at the service station!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2183870)   #42
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Really Don't like the way they do guest passes, i never know who is going to have my spare ticket till the week before the event, and they would never want to travel the same day as me!
Plus, what is wrong with selling it on Ebay (not that I would ever) nothing wrong with trying to get back some of the £50 worth of petrol it is going to cost me!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2183875)   #43
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well I wouldn't well it - that's not what they're for. But given that we're not regulars, trying to get photos of the people we might want to invite isn't really an option so tough for us really.

As for travel costs, I think we can beat £50 in petrol. We go because we enjoy the event. If we don't want to pay the travel costs, then we don't go. I don't expect to be reimbursed for it.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2183883)   #44
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^oooo no no no don't go there!

I agree i don't like their system as i try to get different people to come with me each time, that way i can get more people tempted to join us, which i think is part of the idea in the first place. There's a thread on here from a couple of years ago about a specci marshal "selling" his guest ticket for the F1. If you want to see why you shouldn't do such a thing, go find that thread!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2183899)   #45
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Well I wouldn't well it - that's not what they're for. But given that we're not regulars, trying to get photos of the people we might want to invite isn't really an option so tough for us really.

As for travel costs, I think we can beat £50 in petrol. We go because we enjoy the event. If we don't want to pay the travel costs, then we don't go. I don't expect to be reimbursed for it.
I guess the trouble I been to America marshalling where you get a $25 fuel card. yeah, I do it cause I enjoy it, but doesn't hurt to try and break even at the end of the day!
No, i'm not expecting it, and would never sell it, but if thats the reason for the photos I think it's wrong!
And they wold still make money from selling food, programs, merchandise, and return paid for visits, like many people I've given my tickets to before, gets them hooked, is very effect free advertising, they always bring someone else with them too!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2183902)   #46
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
^^oooo no no no don't go there!

I agree i don't like their system as i try to get different people to come with me each time, that way i can get more people tempted to join us, which i think is part of the idea in the first place. There's a thread on here from a couple of years ago about a specci marshal "selling" his guest ticket for the F1. If you want to see why you shouldn't do such a thing, go find that thread!
Like I said in my last post, is a great Idea to give them to a different friend each time, as they will come back as a paying customer!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2183915)   #47
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
And they wold still make money from selling food, programs, merchandise, and return paid for visits,
god knows MSV get enough money out of that!
But hey, we're getting free drinks and lunch, we should be grateful - doesnt happen often! I do love MSV and the drink vouchers......

I couldnt be bothered with all the fuss for a guest, I also wanted to bring someone different this time, but we might just have to talk to each other instead
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2183918)   #48
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
There's a thread on here from a couple of years ago about a specci marshal "selling" his guest ticket for the F1. If you want to see why you shouldn't do such a thing, go find that thread!
I went looking for it, puerly out of morbid curiosity (I wanted to read how you strung up the bugger ) But I think it has been deleted. Can anyone find me a link?

Mick
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2183931)   #49
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
I'll talk at anyone!!
If they listen or not is another thing!
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2183932)   #50
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
yeas dear - we know.

Note to self- pack ear defenders