Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2004, 13:18 (Ref:898037)   #51
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the sunday afternoon show was abysmal. It was all over the place before the race, bits just stuck together that didnt flow thankfully only a snippet of button's girlfriend bit. pretty much nothing after the race though they did show the whole press conference.

James Allen being his usual self,(massa spins and continues) "so Martin, what does that feel like?"
Old 8 Mar 2004, 14:51 (Ref:898119)   #52
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That bit with Jensen and his bird, especially after that monumentally BBCi advert (how did that miss out on a BAFTA by the way?) led me to think, young Button is seriously at risk of becoming the Tony Swiss of F1...

Making a pop record is very much like driving a Formula 1 car...

Last edited by garcon; 8 Mar 2004 at 14:53.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 15:33 (Ref:898146)   #53
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Count Jim's closing remark after Saturday qualifying was both cringeworthy and slumpworthy at the same time...

"It's Schu time in Austria"

Old 8 Mar 2004, 17:30 (Ref:898265)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see the word dullard is slipping into quite a few of our signatures!
Old 8 Mar 2004, 17:32 (Ref:898268)   #55
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess it's the only bit of that Sniff Petrol piece that's accurate and wouldn't get autocensored!
Old 8 Mar 2004, 19:39 (Ref:898443)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by spanner

James Allen being his usual self,(massa spins and continues) "so Martin, what does that feel like?"
He acts like a curious child....sounds like one when he says things like that.

Did anyone hear Rosenthals hideous Aussie impression in the pre race build up? I nearly choked on my own vomit.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 20:37 (Ref:898506)   #57
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
He acts like a curious child....sounds like one when he says things like that.

Did anyone hear Rosenthals hideous Aussie impression in the pre race build up? I nearly choked on my own vomit.
God yes. It was appalling. Did he say something like "gow gow gow".

I thought Tony "housewives choice" Jardine was equally embarrassing, sat on the grid saying things like "from here I'll have a car in front of me and a car beside me"

Profound stuff methinks!
Old 8 Mar 2004, 20:58 (Ref:898535)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gow Webba gow..........it was awful. I can't sleep at nights now......

Jardine is bearable, but his grid thing was stating the obvious rather....you almost expected him to get up and say:"but of course, if I was on the grid I'd be sitting in a Formula 1 car".
Old 8 Mar 2004, 21:11 (Ref:898567)   #59
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I was a little harsh on Jards, looking back he wasn't as bad as footie Jim!
I do like the idea of presenting the show outside though. It adds the reality of the paddock and the spontaneity of the F1 types that you don't often see.
I much prefer it to the mobile studio where everything is so scripted. Pity about the presenter though!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 22:49 (Ref:900117)   #60
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Some of the interview-topic pieces are okay, not exactly amazing, but okay: it is just the central core of the people who are meant to deal with the event itself are, well, a little bit poop.