Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3019067)   #1
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone WEC tickets

First of all, if this is in the wrong place then I'm sorry and please move it to where it should go.

OK, my work regime has changed in 2012 and I find that I've got my weekends back. The WEC calandar has been published (at last) so I'd thought I'd check out the Silverstone site and see what it would cost me and my wife to watch the big event. Last time I went was the 2005 deluge.

So why is everything else listed on the Silverstone site including FIA F2 (!) but the WEC isn't. It's not even listed on the Silverstone calandar for pete's sake.

Slightly aggrieved

Nick
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3019070)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's August 24 - 26.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3019071)   #3
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
YES and the ticket prices are?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3019073)   #4
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49 View Post
I know what you mean. The Silverstone website has no mention of the WEC race at all! I think a Sunday ticket was around £20-25 last year so I would imagine that would be the case this year also.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3019075)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49 View Post
TBC.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3019076)   #6
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
£20-25. OK thanks for that. I just find it slightly (or is that greatly?) frustrating that the top sportscar race hasn't yet made it onto the Silverstone site. They must know it 's coming.............don't they?
Old 30 Jan 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3019112)   #7
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well yes, but they do have 8 months before the race now.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3019281)   #8
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year on ebay, someone had a deal where you could be in the hospitality sweet for the weekend for like $300. It was for Silverstone.

I emailed him to see if this deal was good for Petit too, but unfortunately it wasn't.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3019285)   #9
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Last year on ebay, someone had a deal where you could be in the hospitality sweet for the weekend for like $300. It was for Silverstone.

I emailed him to see if this deal was good for Petit too, but unfortunately it wasn't.
That is a pretty good deal! Did it say how many people the suite could hold?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3019571)   #10
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't remember.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3019575)   #11
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the rumours of Renault 3.5 World Series going are true then maybe you can go for free!!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 1 Feb 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3019643)   #12
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
If the rumours of Renault 3.5 World Series going are true then maybe you can go for free!!
To say nothing of having to sit in endless traffic jams...

I'd be delighted to see a bit more of a crowd for sportscars at Silverstone, but in all honesty if it ends up sharing the bills with a WSR freebie then I suspect I'll be less inclined to go along.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3019644)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having the 3.5 there dosen't mean the event will be free... Monaco certainly isn't!

Renault will not be putting on a free event at Silverstone this year. If the 3.5 guys show up at the WEC round it'll be as a support race.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3020168)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've only just twigged the move forward from September to August. Last year I did the whole weekend but getting the Friday off may be a bit tricky in August.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3020204)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've only just twigged the move forward from September to August. Last year I did the whole weekend but getting the Friday off may be a bit tricky in August.
And, it seems almost certain the race will be on the Sunday, not the Saturday (as originally confirmed)!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3020253)   #16
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
???? OK, I'm confused.
Will somebody stop jigging dates on me, my eyes have gone funny...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3020292)   #17
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's August 24th-26th like Down F0rce said, and now looks certain the race will be on the Sunday, rather than Saturday (which was originally announced). Sunday 26th August is the date confirmed on the WEC website

I'm really hoping FR3.5 does confirm as a support round. They've still got a TBA on that date, but someone from Renault was quoted that they would have a UK support round. No chance of it being a free Renault ticketed weekend, so no need to battle the crowds and that element who should frankly be denied admission to a race circuit.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3020593)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really wish they hadn't changed the race to a Sunday.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3020601)   #19
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was having a look at the Classic Endurance website the other day, their calendar has Silverstone on the 24-25th August, so it looks like the usual Saturday support race for them (which I always think is a shame - the Sunday-only crowd are missing out big time!)

The FR3.5 support could be interesting and may still draw a crowd - afterall we do want to see the WEC with full grandstands, don't we?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3020718)   #20
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could be wrong but I'd be very surprised if FR3.5 (if confirmed) attracts more than a handful of single-seater diehards to add to the existing crowd. I doubt whether 99% of the people that went to Renault's free weekends would remember the name of the premier series they saw there or know when it's racing in 2012, let alone be prepared to pay this time around.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3020901)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a long way away yet so I can't commit, but I'd like to think I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday. With the way this year is panning out though, Le Mans is my absolute focus - I'll worry about Silverstone later!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3020988)   #22
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I expect to be there, as we are almost neighbours...
I wonder if I can get a 'season' ticket past 'er indoors???
Old 7 Feb 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3022701)   #23
Gamla Hairpin
Rookie

Gamla Hairpin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone website has been updated....

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...-Championship/

No mention of Formula Renault 3.5 as yet
Old 9 Feb 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3023871)   #24
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamla Hairpin View Post
Silverstone website has been updated....

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...-Championship/

No mention of Formula Renault 3.5 as yet
They took their time! Thanks for the share.